A question on healing

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Myke5161, Oct 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke5161

Myke5161 Avatar

Greetings all!

I have a question on healing. I have been working up my healing touch and am about level 60 in it. I also have been working up healing ray and I'm at 40 in that. Are there better self healing options available? I seems that these healing spells are a bit weak, so I was wondering if there was a better alternative. I play a Paladin type character - sword and board, plate mail armor, life and sun magic (great for undead). (I know there are no classes in the game).

Also, is there anyway to reduce the fizzling I'm getting in plate mail? Not too much of a burden as I can always spam the spell until it casts but it would be helpful.

Thank you for your help

Elidrick Valorian

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

part of the power of those spells is the skill you have in the spell itself, but part is your attunment in that tree. if you work the other life skills up to 40, your healing touch will go up, even without further training. attunement is calculated from the top ten skills in a tree, so since life has more than that you have a chance to pick and choose which ones you want to raise attunement with.

Dhanas likes this.
  3. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    Get that first skill high as you can. If i recall correctly it helps the rest of them to increase in power.
    Your passives also help, as does specializing. Also, your heals heal more if you aren't fighting.

Earth and Healing circles don't fizzle too much in plate. If you want to reduce it further there is a
    skill in the focus tree called Follow Through.

Also, you can experiment with supplementing chain in your suit to reduce some of the fizzling.
    Also, using a shield increases fizzle, perhaps consider 2 hand or 1 handed without a shield even.

You can also use an obsidian potion to help out a bit and if i recall correctly there is also a shrine.

4. Xeng

Xeng Avatar

Healing Grace can be good for healing yourself as well.
    You should socket your equipment with Life Attunment so you can get 10 on your chest and 10 on your weapon and shield or 20 on a 2h weapon, this will make your heals stronger.
    Life Power, the passive in the Life tree is although a way to improve your heals but at your state you should try to get the healing spells to 80, so you can stack them up 5 times.
    Fizzle chance will decrease if you level the spells and in the Focus tree there is a passive Follow Through.

Hope that helped and if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Happy healing

Xeeng

5. Mingo Ebonmark

Mingo Ebonmark Avatar

LIFE POWER innate will boost your healing potency massively, I'm talking about 50%+ in the amount you heal at moderately trained levels.

Jaesun likes this.
  6. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

As @Alley Oop points out, Life Attunement helps tremendously, so raise everything in the tree. "Life Power" will help everything. Healing Grace's HoT will help keep you up when combined with the others. Thaumaturgy Gems on your sword, shield, and chest-piece. Thaumaturgy Jewels on your ring and necklace. If you can enchant (AFTER IT'S GEMed!!) that armor, particularly to get the procs, do it. Ultimately though, for the most powerful heals from life, you're going to have to just avoid dealing damage for a bit. There should also be a healing spell in the Sun tree, which (if memory serves) can be used in a combo to damage undead at the same time (I don't do it myself, so I don't really remember it).

Fizzle is hard to avoid in plate, Follow Through is one of vary few things you're going to be able to use to control that. If you're really desperate to lower it, specializing in focus helps too.

That said, I'm personally a light-armor user, so this is advice is probably worth every penny you paid.

One last thing: Personally, when I'm healing in a group, I have a separate cloth/staff (as opposed to my normal leather/swords) load-out I use. At that point I'm not even trying to dish or take damage, just keep everyone else alive.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    Alley Oop likes this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

in theory, yes. in practice:

Jaesun and Tiina Onir like this.
  8. Myke5161

Myke5161 Avatar

Thank you all for your replies! Yes I'll keep going down the healing line, as I've only worked on those two skills. I'll have to figure out what socketed items are (if they are anything like WoW I'll probably understand). The healing I mostly am looking to accomplish at this point to is to help keep myself alive while soloing. I'm not groping at this point.

The time may come where I will group up and if needing a dedicated healer I'd switch out of my plate and go for chainmail (if chain mail is better for fizzling less)

Also I saw that healing spell in the sun line, and have been working a bit there (vision of my character makes sense to focus on the sun and life spell trees). Its a shame it seems broken

Still learning, still thinking!

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Chain Mail has much less fizzle than Plate, but it will still fizzle.

In the Focus skill tree, at the bottom middle is the Follow Through skill. Get that trained up!

majoria70 likes this.
  10. Curt

Curt Avatar

Both sword and shield adds fizzle to you could have a deck with wand+shield to swap to when healing is more important than damaging.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.