Path of the Oracle Reassemble the Vermillion Lens,Really? **semi fixed**

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by probablydeadv2, Oct 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. probablydeadv2

probablydeadv2 Avatar

is this still forced group mode... cause this zone is still elgit impossible for a solo level char with skils slightly in the 60-80's and 1 skill in achery at 100... and I still can BARELY hold my ground.. wtf guys...w tf

the fact you are FORCING us to group is sad WHEN this is still ALMOST INCOMPLETEABLE IN SINGLE PLAYER... how about you revert the quest line the same way back when you had all your og vets finish this quest....

* should enable that multiplayer bar to auto change to private apon entering any instance if not auto pre partied *

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  2. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

It was supposed to be made easier by going in solo. Try SPO mode? ( I guess they call it private now)

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah, go to the Multiplayer option and click private.

probablydeadv2 and Cordelayne like this.
  4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I thought this was supposed to be automatic if you were alone.

If not, that's a major oversight as no one is going to know this going in.

If so, then it's bugged for @probablydeadv2

5. probablydeadv2

probablydeadv2 Avatar

ya shocked tbh it doesn't have that mentioned or enabled by default going into dungeons or rooms not in a pre party :pmakes a huges difference in that quest area and respawn timers.

6. smack

smack Avatar

Hmm, I did this recently (R57) solo with my Ranger build, AL60's, most archery skills were in the 60's, with 1 GM (Ranged Combat). Ran past all MOBs until I got to the Forge. There were only 3 fire elementals and they didn't seem to respawn.

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

That's because you went into Solo mode. It is different than Open/Party, where they constantly respawn.

@DarkStarr, I summon thee.

There needs to be a notification on this one, somehow indicate to the player that they can switch to Solo mode to tone down the difficulty.

Imagine the people that don't reach out for help to find out.

I've been talking to probablydead and he spent 3 hours banging against this before finding out about switching.

And I read the release notes, but I didn't realize it's a manual thing either, and clearly smack didn't, he just lucked out. And Dinsoo was guessing with me.

Chatele and Ataniiq like this.
  8. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

it had same bug , it didnt take me into solo easy mode for the quest but still managed to assemble the lens with a guildmate help.

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Oh interesting, that I wasn’t aware of. When doing the Virtue quests, I just made sure to be in private mode.

10. smack

smack Avatar

I played in Open Multiplayer mode, but I went in alone.

Net likes this.
  11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Sounds like this is bugged then and should be reported. If 2 people are saying it automatically shifted them, and others had to do it manually, I don't think that's functioning as intended.

Chatele likes this.
  12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I do know, even in Open mode, it will switch to private when entering Ferig’s Battle Camp. Since I now know that’s a main quest area, now I understand why it does that.

13. shathiell

shathiell Avatar

I had the same issue. You need to be high adventure level to hold your own until you reach the forge. Just run, run, run to the forge (Lookup how to open the door before doing this). Also make sure you take coal with you to fix the lens.

My reading is that the challenge is getting to the forge rather than the forge scene itself.

14. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

It is supposed to automatically switch you to Solo mode, where you can kill of the enemies and they don't respawn. OP wasn't having this happen, he was still in Open, where they come out you 20 deep and respawn almost immediately.

Chatele likes this.
  15. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Was the game supposed to go into solo mode for the Grannus Colossus?

I tried that place for several days, trying different strategies and builds in AL70s until I finally swollowed my pride and asked for help on Zone chat.

A demigod answered and obliterated the cannibal horde with a wave of his finger. It was a bit of a let down after so much effort, but I was glad to procede and the fellow was a hell of a nice guy @Bow Vale

I had no problem at the forge. That one must have workes properly.

By the way:

Should the Battle Camps in Norgard continue to force me Solo after I've finished the story?

Vladamir Begemot and Bow Vale like this.
  16. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Unless its bugged as others have suggested Aslong as your not in a party it will put you in a special version of hilt that is weaker than the normal one, however if your partied youll still see it as a private instance but it will be full power and hard.

Nope thats on the shroud step and I think is just meant to be done later ingame, It is soloable at lowish level, I did it with a no reg deck with skills at 60s cus I ran out of regs part way through :p
    Also you can sprint through before gate closes if you have fleet flute and dash / blinkk etc. (unless they changed that)

17. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I reckon that solo-able is highly relative.

18. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well, it's supposed to be really hard, that's kinda the point. I think I did it first at 65ish with an archer build. But I died a lot, and the final wave battle took forever with a lot of potions and kiting.

I just ran. I expected to die, but was able to get to the ruined fort at the end, and jump up on the walls, where the mobs can't get you. Then I could walk around to the tower with the door that leads to the end of that bit of the quest.

Net likes this.
  19. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

Hmm, I did it at AL 50 Chaos Archer at the time.

Then again, I have a knack for surviving high level areas in RPGs my character probably has no right wandering in yet.

20. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Nope.

I've done it solo on level 50-55. Knowing where to go (and perhaps more importantly, knowing where not to go), plus appropriate stealth and movement speed, makes it possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.