pattern sets for all NPCs

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Lars vonDrachental, Oct 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

I don’t know if this has been already suggested but as we have the possibility to adjust the appearance of vendors…how about expanding this feature and create themed pattern sets that can be used for all types of NPCs also for NPCs in PoTs?

I really hope we can one day adjust the appearance of all NPCs by simply craft and changing their gear but as an interim stage maybe patterns could be sufficient. E.g. a bandit pattern that is able to change all types of NPCs. Using the patter at your vendor he would look like a bootlegger, using the same pattern at your PoT guard and he would look like a thug, your PoT barkeeper would look like a sleaze,…
    The combination of NPC + pattern would define the look the NPC would have and similar pattern sets could exists for LB, DS, pirate, love, courage, truth, …

I think the virtue designs are already there they just have to be converted to be usable as pattern and of course this could also be used by the devs do adjust the look of NPCs in NPC town.

In a later step we maybe even have the possibility to break the existing rare NPCs down to get e.g. RF patterns that can be used to design all types of NPCs in a RF look.

2. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Patterns to change the look of your vendor are already available. You can get them in game, or on the add on store.

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

I know and that's why I mentioned in my first sentence that we have this possibility (;)) but we have so many always the same looking NPCs in towns that an expansion of this feature might be reasonable to adjust the look of scenes and even if it might be a handy tool for the devs also we avatars could utilize it. Of course for most avatars this expansion wouldn't change much as they might be just able to e.g. change their vendor to a robot vendor by using the "robot pattern" but the avatars with a pledge esquire might get this way a robot esquire or PoT owers could change the standard PoT guards to robot guards to adjust the look of the town.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.