UN-NERF over-world movement

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by jutman, Oct 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

So now you are cherry picking.

I question this is true, back then, as i mentioned our speed on the over world map was slower and the CP gates were closed. So actually we had retained more players (at least by what you say) when over world map travel was slower.... So you are cheery picking the data and misrepresenting your argument.

Now i'm not saying that is true, as i really think that is is an collation with no cause or effect.

WHAT I AM SAYING IS

Proposing that terrain should no longer affect speed is a valid thing to request and discuss.

Proposing it as a un-nerf is not valid. There was never a time when the speed on the over world map was faster than it is currently (excepting they fix the fleet flute).

Spung

Chatele and Olthadir like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And really if you think this is nerfed you have no idea of how much better it is. At one time it got nerfed so bad that we could barely move on the map. It was that slow. We begged and begged for it to be sped up and finally they did. So I'm not saying not to speed it up more but just that it was. So here's to some more ;)

Montaigne, Jaesun and Olthadir like this.
  3. jutman

jutman Avatar

FALSE at one time you moved the same speed throughout the entire map.... hence a nerf was done

4. jutman

jutman Avatar

I do remember that when you could barely move... they unnerfed the movement some when they did they but they should have never nerfed the movement speed on the overworld map to begin with...

majoria70 likes this.
  5. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

Yes the same, but about half the speed you do now, AND you had to zone into CPs and run through them.

I can get to Adoris from Central Brittany on the Overworld faster now than i ever could (assuming i didn't use a fleet flute - as that is currently bugged).

Chatele likes this.
  6. jutman

jutman Avatar

ok so what does them removing the CPs have to do with them nerfing the over world movement speed? im glad they did away with the CPs and made the quality of life better but if they want to continue to make the quality of life better for all players they would un nerf the movement speed on the overworld map... Simply make the current movement speed on the paths the same movement speed everywhere on the map. Its a simple fix that would improve the quality of life for all.

7. Crazy Teeka

Crazy Teeka Avatar

It is fine as it is, does not need changing at all. :)

Jaesun, Chatele and Olthadir like this.
  8. jutman

jutman Avatar

thats your opinion and i can respect that. At least you did not give some weird statement about how it was not nerfed!

9. Crazy Teeka

Crazy Teeka Avatar

Just remember your posting a wish under wishlist. It is up to the devs what ideas they use or not.

Jaesun and Olthadir like this.
  10. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

It isn't nerfed. Period. There may be some bugs with how things that SHOULD work on the overworld AREN'T, but the speed changing is NOT a nerf. They have already rolled back so many things to try to appeal to people (Control points and sieges being bypassable, being a huge one), that if this is your game breaker, perhaps they should just get rid of the overworld entirely (thereby removing everything that it does for you, like special (unicorn/dragon/D.Corpion/travellers) encounters and the items and expanded adventure opportunities they give you), along with recall and teleport scrolls and give you a fast travel menu...

Honestly... I can't even see a reason why this would push your buttons this way.

11. jutman

jutman Avatar

wrong... i believe it was around release 34-36 maybe somewhere in there that it was implemented that overworld movement was slowed down when you were not on the pathway.... hence a nerf..... we could compare it to death decay.... before there was no death decay all was fine.... once death decay was added that is considered a nerf. I only put death decay in there to give you a comparison of nerfs... some people here are not realizing that when the slowdown of the overworld movement was added when you are not on the pathway is a nerf.
    Now if you like the changing nerf they added that is your opinion and i can respect that, but to call it not a nerf is absurd.

12. smack

smack Avatar

I don't think this is an unreasonable request and would tend to agree with it, especially since some of the pathing could get some polish and it's not logically consistent if we're talking realism or immersion here.

But I'd be interested to know what part of the game design requires this variable movement speed. You want to get from A to B but need to follow a very specific path or your speed drops.

CPs, Sieges, etc, were impediments to get from A to B, and they removed that as part of QoL. What else is in the way? Variable movement speed and random encounters. We know REs were tweaked as part of QoL and will likely undergo more. So why not variable movement speed on the overworld map?

How about we put some jumping puzzles around the overworld map? I hear those are very popular here. :p

jutman likes this.
  13. jutman

jutman Avatar

Man if they would put a random puzzle encounter in the over-world map that would be cool. Id suggest twister... maybe bring a friend along!

smack likes this.
  14. smack

smack Avatar

A puzzle-based RE would be cool actually. Would be a nice change from the pure combat ones.

15. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

So let me get this straight, you are talking about something they added while they were developing the game (just an fyi, I’ve been here since about R4, so I know when it was added), LONG before it’s considered feature complete, a nerf. You also bring up to Decay as an example… Which is also something they added during development long before the game was considered complete, and you’re using it as an example of a nerf, when both items were never truly nerfed because the thing that they changed was in a high state of flux to begin with.

I’m not calling this an unreasonable request, I just don’t see personally how something like this can tweak somebody so deeply that they call for it to be unnerfed when it never truly was a Nerf in the first place.

Steevodeevo, Jaesun and Chatele like this.
  16. jutman

jutman Avatar

so when you take something away or make something harder its a nerf!!
    Like in R34 when they nerfed taming!!! but wait you probably wont call that a nerf either will you?
    All I'm asking is that they remove the nerfed slowed movement when not on the pavement.... if you do not like this idea that's totally fine as well. If they implement the idea and you do not like it you can choose to stay on the pavement, which oh wait... its not everywhere in the game...... pavement doesn't take you to all the instances or POTs so i guess this will affect you in a good way..... "that's a bingo" (Hans Landa)

17. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

I am just saying in my opinion that this is a step too far. We save tonnes of time from the reasons I put forward. They have bigger things to work on which actually stops countless people playing.

TLDR I see the merit in the idea, but I am against it, we have been spoilt enough as it is.

18. jutman

jutman Avatar

Maybe your molehill is someone else’s mountain!

19. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Apparently... for most, it isn't even an ant mound.

20. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

I am not trying to lessen or add kudos to anyone. I am just saying what my opinion on it is. Weighing up how each other feels is moot. You do not like it, x number of players do not like it. Maybe more like it, maybe the same people like it as the number who dislike it. I have said my piece, let that be the end of it. :)

Add a poll and let's see what happens, let us actually quantify how serious of an issue this is to the player base that take part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.