High Level Skeleton dmg increase?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boris Mondragon, Oct 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

I know its not only my observation as I have noticed the definite increase in damage from skeleton mobs in Crag Foothills, Seems like they ignore armor. Can someone else elaborate on this as I am not sure if it is a bug or intended as a surprise. Also on the subject of Death Decay, I am under the assumption that it is still active as I just lost a lot of xp from the two back to back deaths to the nuclear weapon skellies here :) R/Boris/El Pirata.

Chatele and K1000 like this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Decay has NOT been removed from the Live server currently.

And yes, skeletons seem..... different. I blame Chris :p

3. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

You may be absolutely right. He has a rather peculiar sense of humor at times. it is at what I call Skellie Hill, Seemed to me the ignored armor and believe me I farm this place for a living so I can tell changes in mob behavior. R/Boris/El Pirata

FrostII and Jaesun like this.
  4. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I don't think they have increased damage, I think that resist is not working correctly. Playing now at level 107, and maximum resist, I am getting much more damage from skeletons than last month. Particularly archers.

Boris Mondragon, Chatele and FrostII like this.
  5. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

They made many monsters harder this release. Not just more hp, but higher adventure levels and more damage. Wouldn't be surprised at all if this area was effect too.

6. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I like harder high end content as long as risk vrs reward is honered.

7. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

It's not just the damage of the skeles that bug me but the fact that they are the flash little bastards are way to fast lol

8. Sylence

Sylence Avatar

9. Chemical

Chemical Avatar

Yes the a skeleton archers do insane Crits and they shoot fast

Boris Mondragon, FrostII and Micmatty like this.
  10. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

It is random as well, sometimes I run into a group that seems par for the skill level increase and sometimes a similar group in the same place is on steroids. I think when they changed the code to adjust their hit points/skill level, something also went wrong and they now have massive resist to melee dmg in my observation. This is strictly observed in Crag Foothills. I am a AL 114 with 150 bladed combat, 140 thrust, 129 double slash using inner str/str of earth, immolation, def stance/glancing blow/fortify defenses all gmd. Wearing meteoric chain with str/dmg resist gear and two bronze longswords with str/thrust/double slash bonus. Its not the build, and its neither the gear nor deck. Its the SOTA math and a bug they should fix internally. R/Boris/El Pirata

11. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Not ringing an alarm here, but just an observation with my own play. I get more damage against me when using defensive stance. With the greater resistance you think it would be less. I have removed it from my bar and now am being more successful especially against some archers. I notice no difference in melee or ranged mage play.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  12. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Interesting observation. Did you bug report that?

13. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Thanks. No, I did not bug report because my observations are subjective. If it is a problem someone else will notice and document better than I.

Jason_M likes this.
  14. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Its helpful to pay attention to attacks. They do use piercing shot. Maybe AI got better and they use it more againstarmor

Jaesun, Aldo and Daxxe Diggler like this.
  15. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

That is probable yet compound that with a higher physical resist and it becomes a synergistic effect. So it is not just double the xp but double the damage including against armor and double the resistance for double the xp. Compare that to the minor amount of extra gold and double xp and we were shortchanged in my view. Now lets see what they have up their sleeve as a trade off for doing away with death decay and see if we don't get short changed again. R/Boris/El Pirata

Aldo likes this.
  16. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I would be *very* interested in hearing what becomes of this bug report. I think you should do it. I'm awful at mathematical things or I'd give it a go myself.

17. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

If you are talking about archers, they use piercing shot, so they ignore armor of players. That's why sometimes seems like your defensive skills are not working

18. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

Some good logging would greatly help situations like this. If we could see in the logging the original damage value and where our skills mitigated part of it or failed to mitigate part of it. It would answer a good deal of questions about what we need to do to defend ourselves better. It would also allow us to make bug reports based on good data rather than "it feels like" which is all most of us have now. I seem to remember @Chris talking about adding verbose logging for us to turn on but maybe something I imagined.

19. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

I normally run Ravensmoor, there they got a boost to HP and maybe dmg resist... not sure. Anyway, I run with a similar deck except I use death shield and carry a shield so I use deflect instead of fortify. I'm also in meteoric plate for the little extra damage mitigati0n. The shield does wonders against archers and mages as long as you remember to angle yourself toward them and the death shield is healing me for a quarter of the physical damage I take. Both have saved my bacon several times. I could head over to Crag and see how I do against the swarm of skellies there. I'm at AL 103, and a good bit behind you on blades but my defenses are similar it sounds like. Just some information to lend perspective. I had to switch to sword and board back when the sieges changed over to an archer fest, but I still break out my dual swords for Torc.

Boris Mondragon and Aldo like this.
  20. Black FjP

Black FjP Avatar

We were doing the lich room in the rise yesterday and the archers on the lich pull were wrecking our tanks pretty regularly with some insane burst damage. Never really noticed that before, we usually don't even have a tank there, just usually LOS everything and blast them with aoe.

There were some crits of 250+ even on full plate + shield with defensive stance. Even more damage on the less armored people, we actually wiped like 3 or 4 times with 4 people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.