Some ideas...

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Selzyr, Oct 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selzyr

Selzyr Avatar

I haven't start as posting this(and yes, I looked on these forums, I know this was posted before in 2016, but were in 2018 almost in 2019 and its something that I find..."interesting"? important? idk...something?)

Sheathing currently doesn't display the model of the said weapon/shield, sadly enough, its one of the things that breaks a bit the immersion for me, and yes, Im aware that the cloaks and all are a problem, and that the game is still being worked on, but a bit of insight of the devs part to know if this is on the plans would be cool?

=) simply put, I wanna see what the hell my PC/other PC's are carrying as main weapon(s), having a slot system for those that use like two weapon setups would be cool too?

Another thing is Masks, yes, Im aware there's Masks in Game, Dragon Mask looks epic, but I mean, more simple stuff, like, stuff that could be crafted by carpenters like wooden mask's would be really cool.
    These could be used on the belts too, in case you didn't want to use them on your face constantly?

Another thing is character "build" or body type, something that I wouldn't mind to see in-game is, those that don't train their bodies, could ajust their body type to be more akin(or could be auto?) to their preference, like, a mage could be frail/skinny, those that use large weapons and are strong could display a more stout build?

Idk, ideas =) its a Role Playing game after all.

2. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

I agree, I'm playing a game currently in alpha and when you sheathe a weapon you can see it sheathed at your side or on your back, same with shields, it's a cool detail

3. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Agree 2.

Synergy Blaize and Cordelayne like this.
  4. Justice Owen

Justice Owen Avatar

Well it may not be the mechanics work they need to be prioritizing, though it certainly beats bigger pumpkin sizes and multicolored 'rainbow' dye packs.

One your particular points :

Sheathes - Yes and no. If you mean weapons dangling from your body without any straps(and worse, hanging a full half a foot off the character model), then I am glad they didn't do it as it looks retarded. And until they can make weapon unique straps and sheathes that dynamically interact with pre existing character meshes and models, then it's not worth doing.

Masks - Indifferent. Even if you play in third person (which should be outlawed) when are you looking at your face/head? If you take the time out to frequently spin your camera around to view your virtual character, I am concerned for you.

Body type - I am quite OK with very basic character creation systems for two reasons. 1. I am tired of the biggest feature of an MMO being it's character creation. Another prime example of a feature highly desired by a flimsy consumer base with the wrong priorities and interests. Then the developers cater to them because business is business. So effort that should be on the actual gameplay, is wasted on fluff. 2. I give zero concern to how mine or other people's characters appear. Give me great looking world geometry, mobs, npcs, objects. Other players?; don't care. I don't look at my own and I certainly don't look at their's.

There is however a practical issue with the increase in models and meshes, and that is the more you have, the more work required to make things such as sheathes act and appear correctly.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  5. Selzyr

Selzyr Avatar

Sheathes - I agree, there should be Straps/Sword/Dagger Sheaths/etc that are visual and you NEED to equip in order for the weapon to be visible, would look epic and those that work the leather(s)/Fittings like those could have more options?

Masks - isn't only about my character, its about what others too! I would revel in seeing another player with a cool mask(design) with a very rare cool type of wood! again isn't "Important" but would be cool to see.

Body type - yes and no, I agree, some games are trying to use it as a selling point when it should be something that IS TO BE EXPECTED on games of this day and age, more hair options/beard options, and yes, as a 3D designer Im well aware that creating those assets takes time and they probably got more on their plate then we can imagine atm.

these are ideas, and some people are more visual then others, and paraphrasing a bit what I said

"This is some ideas/stuff I would like to see implemented in no order or time frame, that I think they could help the game grow, in no shape or form I think THIS GOTTA BE IN-GAME for me to enjoy the game as it is at this momment."

=) chill Justice.

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  6. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

These sounds like some nice Quality of life updates to bring in, Maybe not for Episode 1 but I think they could bring some of them in for Ep2? That is just a matter of planning.

Also I do not think the resizeable pumpkin idea is bad, it has some nice scope. @Chris how about the enemy is bigger (and stronger) based on the enemies around them too? Maybe too much I am not sure, but the concept of an ever changing size of enemy could be fun!

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  7. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Body mass based on skill lvls's would be so cool. I have been wishing this in games already since I started playing games in 1985.

8. Selzyr

Selzyr Avatar

We never know m8! was talking with a few guys and they keep confirming they wanna/are adding "this" and "that" and all of those ideas and concepts sound SWEET!
    (Seems crafting is going to be even MORE epic in the future! and I LOVE IT!)

Feeyo and majoria70 like this.
  9. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Yep, cant wait for the crafting expansion :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.