1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

[RP-Event] Chapter 2: The First Assault

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Cerus, Oct 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Royou

Royou Avatar

But are we not the Avatar of virtues, would it not be un-virtuous and against our duty to not help those in their time of need?
    If you saw a child in mortal danger would you not step in to lend a hand? or would you stay your hand as to you that child is not of your world?

2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

*heres anger over closed doors and looks up with a strip of cloth hanging from his mouth* Here here! No more secrecy!!!

Boris Mondragon, Gaelis and Royou like this.
  3. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

We are Avatars of independent thought, we should not follow these virtues blindly because some mechanical head told us we should.
    And who am I to judge what these children have done? Maybe they burned down a family home and have been slaughtering livestock for fun.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  4. Royou

Royou Avatar

It is not for me to tell you how to conduct yourself, but the light compels me to protect and help all those in need, the Virtues are our guidance of how we should conduct ourselves, they do not compel us to blindly follow them, my heart and the light is what leads me in the direction and path that I should follow. Are not all worthy of forgiveness and a second chance? That child may grow up to be a healer, so by not saving that child, would you not be condemning many others to death, that the child may save? But to condemn the innocents just because they were unlucky to be born in a corrupt city...... that I can not and will not do!

5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Well if there is one thing you cannot do, it is you cannot sway an angry mob who is sure they are right.
    I leave the fate of Novia, if such be the stake, in your capable hands, and return to my meditation and study.

6. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

That child could also turn into a warlord who enslaves thousands.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  7. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I know the secret to break kaeshivas meditation, one word, popsicle :) .

8. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

!

Completely unfair Mac.

[​IMG]

9. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

ALL is fair in love and war, now if I only knew if this was love or war, I'm not sure, they are so alike :) . Is marriage love or war? Seems to be some of both. Pure intentions juxtaposed.

10. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

Don't fret! There is safety in numbers.

11. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you Cerus

12. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

13. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

I am not fretting, Just won't participate.
    Alas, my group scattered, which was part of the "problem" with the random spawns across the large city of Ardoris, so the "safety in numbers" wouldn't be there in a PVP zone.

I was just expressing my feedback to @Cerus, that I feel that PVE events, shouldn't end up in a PVP zone.

Also, I maintain, that many PVP'ers will be there, not to participate in the event, but solely to take down as many players as they can.
    Hence, I will not go to "events" that include PVP zones.

14. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Don't be afraid, me, Antrax and our guild are going to defend the Avatars from the evil guys if it is done in a PVP zone.
    Be sure to don't bring with you expensive item (artifacts, big stacks of things), since is a group event you don't need your best gear to do it, and all is fine ( in case something happens).

15. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I am bummed that I missed such a great event. Yet I concur with this statement, if these events transpire in a PvP zone, no way I am participating.

16. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

17. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

kaeshiva and Cordelayne like this.
  18. Royou

Royou Avatar

If it meant sacrificing myself to help and save these people then this it is a price I will willingly pay! I hope that in your meditation you find your compassion and heart for the plight of these poor people, and turn back to the Light!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  19. Royou

Royou Avatar

But he may not! We do not have Oracle abilities to see the future, but without guidance and role models, how can they ever hope to walk a better path. If it means sacrificing myself to help and save these people this is a price I will willingly pay, I see it as the duty of those in power to help the weak, the sick and the poor, that is what a society and community is, have we not become a member of this society or this world? without society all we have is chaos, unless that is what you are saying, that we should let chaos reign! Let us not grow apart but come together to deal with this threat, once that has been dealt with, then we can talk of putting right that which has become corrupted and wrong, then Justice can be served, but to just stand by and let innocent people die, would make us worse than the evil that threatens them, and if that evil is left to thrive and grow, then one day it will be at your door, then you will not be able to say "I take no part of this, I'm not part of this world" for then it will be too late and you and all will be lost and we will all be dead!

Boris Mondragon, Gaelis and Cerus like this.
  20. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

May be we should take our title "OUTLANDER" to show we are just here for the event, not for PvP?
    And may be we could bury the hatchet while the event is going on? ;)
    And of course we could party to try our best to prevent to be killed by a headhunter?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.