Personalized painting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arturius Magnus, Oct 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arturius Magnus

Arturius Magnus Avatar

Hey!, I've seen a couple of new paintings that are supposed to be player uploaded paintings. is this true?, how can this be done?

I would like my own painting!

Thnx

2. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

I think it will involve paying quite alot of money...

Arturius Magnus likes this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I had heard rumors A couple of players have paid to get paintings from Denis Loubet and I'm not sure it is actually their real picture on all of them exactly. Anyway then they have to be approved probably and I can be telling this wrong but I seem to remember something about it. One of our Devs Scottie though some players did their very own kickstart to raise money to get his portrait in game since we love him so much. I'm not sure how costly it would be. Perhaps someone who knows more details could help.

Arturius Magnus likes this.
  4. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

5. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Leostorm is a great artist who has done many custom portraits for SotA players. See some of the portraits he did here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/leos-awesome-artwork-post.53393/

I have no idea how much it costs, but you can ask via private message.

By the way, players can't simply upload any artwork they want into the game, there has to be a special agreement with the devs that the artwork will be part of the game. I have no idea how that works, but I believe that artwork commissioned by players from both Denis Loubet and Leostorm is represented in-game.

6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

There are several character portraits in the game... Sir Frank, Cordelayne, Duke William, Myself... The common thread is they were all character portraits done by Denis Loubet, the artist responsible for the cover art for Shroud of the Avatar along with the cover art for most every Ultima title ever produced, among other pieces for this and other games.

I don't believe in most cases the character portraits were specifically produced for inclusion in Shroud... I know that in the case of mine, it was completed in 2013, the same year as the Kickstarter... I submitted it for inclusion in the game long long after, simply because it was a character portrait by Denis. Someone earlier in this thread posted the link to his Draw My Character site... That would be the place to start... but know that I'm in line ahead of you. ;) I've 10 or 12 to date, and a few more characters I'd like to have portraits of. ;)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I was told the other day that i needed to have my portrait done for the game...LOL....i actually blushed at the comment

Sean Silverfoot and By Tor like this.
  8. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

several of them were done by Leostorm, not Dennis. I believe Leo did William's

9. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

/wave Thx guys for the compliments.

If you are looking to get a portrait done, hit me up, not as expensive as you think :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.