New change to Meretz Obsidian Potions?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MANTACO, Oct 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MANTACO

MANTACO Avatar

I may have missed the notes for it/missed last few livestreams, but it seems the Meretz potions are non trade now? Is anything else from the meretz app now also non trade?

[​IMG]

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Mine are tradeable.

3. MANTACO

MANTACO Avatar

My older ones I have stashed away for a rainy day are, but my newest one is red in name & denotes a no trade :<

Nelzie likes this.
  4. amarious

amarious Avatar

Yup, just claimed mine, no value, no trade.

5. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all. I think I understand why they did this. There are too many obsidian potions in game now and the value is dropping. But I do not remember they saying anything about the change. I would have claimed all my points if I knew. I did see this yesterday though. It was Rick's task to change this. BTW did you see that Ken is working on Dungeon Magic Movers?

[​IMG]

Lyndoman and Gaelis like this.
  6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I guess the next one I claim will probably be untradeable.

And you can't claim all your points anyway, you can only do it once every 3 days. I have extra points building up since I haven't gotten into the drawings much, and I've claimed regularly.

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yep, I was wrong I have 3 red already.

8. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

Can confirm, Meretz Obsidian potions are now soulbound and no vendor value.

I wonder if this will affect the monthly subscribers as well.

9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I'm going to guess no. People are paying for those, if they want to sell they should be able to.

Nelzie and Girlsname like this.
  10. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

Wow...I have only one red so far. Good to know. Still have quite a few of the yoga and fitness emotes though.

Nelzie likes this.
  11. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

Ive never claimed any of the emotes, are those now BoP too?

12. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

There must have been some economy related issues. I can imagine the Meretz points could be gamed if you knew what to do.

13. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

There goes my vendor's main crop of what I sell.

LoneStranger, Cordelayne and moko like this.
  14. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

think positive, you dont have to carry 15 phones all day long anymore lol

more seriously its a good change, maybe they will add more prizes now.

Nelzie and Elwyn like this.
  15. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

That they changed this is slightly surprising since so much of the core philosophy of the game seemed to revolve around the ability to buy and sell, for in game gold or real cash, pretty much everything in the game. For me though, the most frustrating thing is not that it was changed, but that it was changed without letting anyone know, and as far as I am aware there's still no 'official' notification of the changes - or even if (unlikely) it's actually a bug..

I completely understand the 'dlmb' stance that the Devs take for many things, but let's have this deal go both ways, and don't obscure what's going on from us. I shouldn't be discovering systems I had taken part in and understand have been changed pretty much by stealth, and only learn about it through another player spotting it and posting about it. Surprises and secrets in game and affecting gameplay or the 'story' of the game world are reasonably kept as 'surprises' for us, things like this though.... should never be 'sneaked in'.

LoneStranger and Almar like this.
  16. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I don't see any problem with the change. Its still a great boost to be able to use these items practically free of charge just for using the meritz app.

It seemed pretty obvious to me that they were going to do this. It didn't make sense that you could profit off these items in the first place. I'm surprised they weren't account bound from the beginning.

A notice would not have changed anything since there is a 3 day timer for each item. Its not like you would have been able to cash out all your points. So having notice really didn't matter and I don't understand that argument at all.

17. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

To me, transparency matters. If as you seem to think there is no reason not to tell people something, then why the hell not just tell people it's happening, rather than hope it's 'pretty obvious' to them? There's a track record of things being dropped on us without notice in SotA, from the mess over the 'transfers' to Black Sun and Meretz to major systems changes that appear out of the blue, or all sorts of 'alterations' that we find out about after they are done (disturbingly pretty often we are able to point out mistakes or flawed thinking and planning - but almost always it's after the mess, and very rarely in time to prevent it).

It's not about whether you can 'cash out' any points', it's about people being up-front about what's going on. Far, far too often I'm left feeling Portalarium are not. I trust them to keep their word and do what they think is 'best for the game' but too many times since the start of the Kickstarter I've been left doubting just what their relationship with us really is. This is just another small example of what is cumulatively draining my confidence in them.

Alpha Fishstick likes this.
  18. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Eh, sucks that meretz stuff is not going to be tradeable, from my point of view. It takes me weeks to earn something 'cause I don't carry a phone around so being able to buy the bags in game for emotes and such was a nice option. Oh well.

19. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

Does it include the emotes too?

I can think of no good reason to include the emotes as there is no other way to buy them. The obsidian potions i can understand.

Regards
    Spung

Gaelis likes this.
  20. Beli

Beli Avatar

The emotes can still be sold or traded.

FrostII and margaritte like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.