Wish for Episode 2: PVP zone with no risk and no reward

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Kara Brae, Oct 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I think it would be fun to have a PVP scene with no NPC mobs and no PVP risk or reward, just for the fun of trying one's mettle against other players. I would like to see the winner of a fight be able to loot a body, but the loot would be comparable to loot from any 5-tier mob (e.g. yellow supply bundle) and would not come from the defeated player's inventory. Players would only suffer normal wear and tear.

I think this would be a great introduction to PVP for players who want to try it out without all the hassle of removing all the valuable stuff from their inventory or without the fear of losing stuff they can't afford to lose. Players could hone their PVP skills before graduating into "real" PVP players. Thoughts?

Olthadir, Net, Jaesun and 5 others like this.
  2. Grimace2

Grimace2 Avatar

How would this be similar and different to a Player Owned Town set to open PVP?

3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

As far as I know a player can be looted and his stuff held for ransom if he is killed in a PVP POT, just like in any other PVP scene. That is the difference. My idea was a kind of a practice place that is safe and where the loser can’t lose his gear to a thief or in a PVP battle. It’s really just to try out PVP to see if it is interesting and to practice.

The similarity to a PVP POT would be the lack of mobs.

4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The obsidian trials is risk free isnt it?

5. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

There is no ransom in OT - and its a lot of fun!

Dhanas, LiquidBlaze and Cordelayne like this.
  6. Lace

Lace Avatar

I have not checked it out, but yeah that was my understanding

Cordelayne likes this.
  7. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I thought that was a free-for-all in a kind of arena. Am I mistaken?

What would interest me more would be a regular scene where you could practice PVP skills in the wild, creeping up on other players or sneaking away from them. So not a tournament kind of zone, but a relative harmless version of a PVP zone to practice in.

I can't judge how many people would bother to try it out - it was only an idea.

Olthadir likes this.
  8. Net

Net Avatar

I bit disagree with the loot part, seems bit too exploitable for farming alts. I would say there should not be any loot or just looting skeleton parts.

Anyway as of now I am really unhappy how unbalanced the PvP loot mechanic is, if person leaves all valuables at home there is no loot, and if someone keeps on him bunch of stuff for convenience without giving them any advantage in combat (like spare artifacts or ingame bought deeds and houses or large stacks of various items they risk really high ransom and big penalty.

I hate PvP scenes for the need to unequip a lot of stuff. If the penalty for death was 0-100 gold that would be bearable, but as of now the PvP is really not appealing to me in most scenes as it is huge inconvenience to take part without risking too much.

Anyway Obsidian Trials seem to be way to go I died there many time alone was fun the scene is pretty. Though having to win against 5 or more people to get cool points is rather annoying. I can survive for long but I cannot kill anyone except starting players but I am not killing those. I wish there were some recognition for surviving long in that scene and not just killing everyone. Sure last man standing deserves to be rewarded more, but what is the point of going there to not get anything? There is no motivation for me.

Jaesun, majoria70 and Kara Brae like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.