Bundles for COTOS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yobtar, Oct 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I believe its been answered many times, they want to get them on the vendors. I doubt that nay further information will be forthcoming from them on the subject, as the important question is when. I doubt that they know themselves as it would seem to be a low priority compared to the other work they've been doing with dungeons, bugs, fishing, and the other important stuff that people want to see in game.

2. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Pretty disappointed that they are beginning to expire bundles before letting people buy them with cotos. Not much point in the subscription if cotos are useless.

twofoldsilence and Cyin like this.
  3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

And they have apparently found that new players do not want to spend three-digit moneys on bundles. So it would seem that they are making a shift away from bundles.

At this point I think it would be better to have a thousand more guppies playing the game and participating in the game economy than one or two more whales.

Jaesun likes this.
  4. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

I am not sure if you are getting something from my post that suggested I did not consider that, but to clarify on this I feel the same way.When I was talking about changes to get new players in, it was more generalized, i.e: they are using the data to fix the areas of the game so that people are actually progressing through any roadblocks, such as the new player experience.. A lot of new players probably do not even look at the store bundles that much anyway.

That is going to be more important, because otherwise the less people are exposed to, the less people will come in to contact with store bought items in game and be exposed to the emotions of "that is so cool I want to buy xyz".

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  5. yobtar

yobtar Avatar

So I get an email today that the Elven, Obsidian, Shogun Bundles (and more) Expire Dec 21. And still no word on Bundles for COTOS. I honestly think it wont happen and all the COTOS I have are useless. i couldn't even sell them in the player marketplace to get enough money (Currently 39 for $100) to buy the bundle with CASH. Which is what it seems Port is doing. I am really disappointed in the way this is handled.
    Another thing that is pretty odd is if you search for this thread it didn't show up I had to go and find it to add this reply to it.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    twofoldsilence and Kain Darkmoor like this.
  6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Like alot of the recent changes I dont think they will have "bundles" specifically on the coto vendors but rather the option to buy each item in them. Like that of the expert stations and the CF Vendors. I think everything will be sold as items not bundles but I could be wrong :)

Elwyn and twofoldsilence like this.
  7. yobtar

yobtar Avatar

being able to buy the individual items would be fine as well just an option to get the TF vendor and lot is mainly what I am looking for. Except they did say many moon ago that bundles would be available with COTOS its just still not enabled.

twofoldsilence likes this.
  8. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Great ideas do not always have great follow through - as it looks like they are solving the bundles for COTO idea by just getting rid of bundles.

Getting rid of the packages/pledge/bundles is not a new idea and seems like a logical step they have already done once when transitioning from pledges to the persistence of the game.

I suppose the writing on the wall for bundles for COTO was when they announced they had no technology to allow for bundle upgrades for COTO.

Maybe that will be retooled for Episode 2, but that is just speculation

9. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

I'm with you yobtar, as I was originally saving Store Credit to buy a village sized bundle for the Tax Free Vendor, POT Tax Free Village Deed, and Expert Crafting Stations that comes with them, and then I was forced to convert my Store Credit to COTOs, so I asked Port before the conversion whether or not bundles would be purchasable in-game and /or outside of the game with COTOs, and I was told they would be purchasable in-game for COTOs, so I allowed my Store Credit to be converted, and started buying COTOs monthly, so I could eventually save enough of them to buy a village sized bundle, and now they're being expired, so I have a ton of worthless COTOs, because I'm not interested in any thing other then Tax Free Vendors, POT Tax Free Village Deeds, and Expert Crafting Stations. Hopefully, there will be enough player feedback on this, and Port will not expire them, add them on in-game COTO Merchants permanently, or add new themed bundles, so players can buy them with COTOs. In fact, I'm fine if Port just dismantles the bundles as someone earlier on this thread mentioned and then just adds the individual items in them to in-game COTO Merchants instead.

10. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

right now gold coin is losing value fast so it seems its flowing into cotos. If they dont come up with soemthing to do with cotos I am not sure where this ends up.

Perhaps a Log cabin to bundle vender?

11. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

Trial an Error. I'm sure they will get a handle on it and figure out the best method to sell the items.

12. yobtar

yobtar Avatar

I was doing the same thing saving SC and then converted to COTOS in hope to get the bundle eventually and now that I have enough COTOS saved to buy the bundle I cant :(

13. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all, this is at least the 3rd thread I have seen that talks about Bundles for COTOs. And they all say the same thing. Expiring the current bundles was always going to happen. They have to make way for new EP2 bundles, although I to thought they would make it to the COTO vendors before they went away. What was promised or at least talked about was adding non-upgradeable bundles that you could buy from COTO vendors or on the add-on store but could not upgrade them to a larger bundle like you can with the current bundles. If you bought a row bundle there was no path to upgrade it to a village bundle.

As for the bundle break up items, with all "New" items (and yes these are new items because they have never been offered separately) in the add-on store they have a certain amount of time that they are offered for money only. After a while they should be purchasable with COTOs. Personally with the price of the expert stations and the CF vendor I am excited to see the new EP2 bundles and what their low price will be. Now they need to break out the TF deeds and Prosperity tools.

14. Curt

Curt Avatar

The Optimistic interpretation could be they has not figured out any good way to make you upgrade your bundles with cotos without them doing to much work.
    But that they have figured out a way to do it with a new kind of bundle so the bundles that replace the current could be upgradable with cotos

15. yobtar

yobtar Avatar

They had said getting initial bundles with COTOS should be possible just not upgrading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.