Why do so many things get retired?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lifedragn, Oct 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I've been planning to slowly upgrade a bundle over time as I get funds to do so. But won't have any before expiration. There is nothing else I was interested in spending that kind of money on. Unless episode 2 brings about new bundles that also have tax free deeds, that is a bit of money that just isn't going to be spent on this game.

I guess I am just frustrated that a long term plan went up in smoke because I don't have enough money to buy things all at once. Nice little plan to work my way up goes *poof*. :(

2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I'm assuming they are clearing out the current bundles so they can add different ones with Ep2 access and content.

It sucks to work toward something to have it end before you get there. I understand that the more things they maintain then the more cluttered and confusing the store appears. However, I do wish that the upgrade path for existing owners would remain. Maybe the "available on CotO merchants" could just be the upgrade tokens?

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Would be nice if we didn't have to assume. :p

I am all for them getting rid of the bundles. Their high prices scared too many people away. I just wish they let us buy them with COTOs before retiring them.

Net, Gatsu. and Jaesun like this.
  4. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

It's all about the Benjamins

Kain Darkmoor likes this.
  5. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Theyve always planned on rolling items on sale and retiring them, some are limited time offers, some are seasonal, I guess viking and kobold were episode 1 bundles and will retire and therefore become rarer ingame. You could still aquite the items you want ingame maybe....

Also you are correct, theyre retiring these to replace them with episode 2 versions.

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  6. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

The follow up question eill be whether we can still upgrade the old bundle to the new one or not.

Any additional information would be appreciated.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  7. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

This will help RMTs will make some good money selling retired items.

8. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I suspect that if you bought a starter bundle that you would still be able to upgrade it further. I would like to hear the devs on this to know if that would hold true.

9. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Not really. I refuse to participate in RMT on principle.

Gorthyn likes this.
  10. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

It also will boost the prices in game for gold/cotos or trade. Like all things once they cant be gotten the demand goes up. Look at the wizard tower and the likes once was pretty cheap to get now its worth a small fortune :)

11. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

I'd assumed the clearing out of things was part of their original 'grand plan', but given that we now have a much smaller team to work on what - if anything - replaces the 'bundles' the timing (if nothing else) rather surprises me. Constantly improved content and Episode 2 sounds like enough work for the team to handle as it is.

Jaesun likes this.
  12. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

My expectation would be a single set of bundles will go live in December, likely a reduced number of tiers, and be themed around Episode 2.
    • A bundle with Episode 1 and Episode 2 access, possibly with one additional item (weapon, cloak, etc).
    • A bundle with access and item, plus a POT Row home and a dungeon basement.
    • A bundle with access and item, plus a POT Village home.
    • A bundle with access and item, plus a POT Town home.
    • A bundle with access and item, plus a POT City home.
    Sprinkled among those will likely be things for Ep 2 that will be deco for now; one-man boats, better colored horses, maps of the Serpent Archipelago, etc.

The only other bundle type they mentioned in the past, which might meet the needs of these, is a Pirate themed one. So things like a parrot pet, hook hand dagger, etc.

All of these type of things either already exist, exist as NPC assets, or need to be built for Episode 2, so there is really no reason not to capitalize on these.

Astirian and Aurelius Silverson like this.
  13. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I'm expecting new bundles will be absent the tax-free deeds, which was honestly my only reason to pursue them. Maybe I'll be happily surprised, but I'm not optimistic. Lot taxes get pricey if you don't log in every day for oracle gold and when you do log in you don't go out and grind obsessively.

14. Pollodelfuego

Pollodelfuego Avatar

It's so much more fun this way. It's like Schrödinger's Bundle - it's either going to be no bundles for you or new bundles for everyone. Either way someone is going to be mad and someone else will love it.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.