1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

[RP + PvPvE - Event] Chapter 3: The Descended Avatar

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Cerus, Oct 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

I leave Dysburg without a goal. I just want to be alone. My plan to avoid death with my chaos magic had a big hole. To use this trick you need to see your end coming. Each hit I took was out of nowhere. I learned my lesson in this fight, I'm weak. I nearly screamed when somethings pokes me in the back. Thank god it is only Leeroy. Wait, what is Leeroy doing here? I bury my face in Leeroys fur and the tears are flowing. When they finally stopped I notice a bagpack on Leeroy. There is a message from Gaelis. She wrote, that Leeroy running around nervous and always tried to leave Jaanaford. Instead of holding him back any longer she decided to put a first aid kit on his back and let him run. She is sure that he will find me. Stupid bear. I need to rest and have a closer look at this kit. At horizont I notice Resolut. I will find there a bed to rest and it is safe with his walls and its guards.

At the entrance of Resolute I meet Net again. He is here to check, if the obsidian attack again a town with the portal. I tag along since I'm still in armor. Why should they attack Resolute? What could they gain here? The answer is a scream from the market place.
    [​IMG]
    A ghost attacks the merchants. He is down fast and Net is already on his way to the hall. I follow him. The guards are dead but there is skelleton warrior waiting in the middle of the hall. I attack him without any second thoughts. I land hit after hit but none of them are properly targeted. I just hit in rage till he is down and scream. The frustration from yesterday is back. Again I couldn't do anything to protect someone. I run into the city and attack one enemy after another. I'm not sure how many I had killed but it wasn't enough. Out of breath I rest at the entrance of the hall. That's when first noticed, that we are not the only avatars in the town fighting.

I see a dragon flying over the wall. I try to stand up but I used up all energy and the only thing left in me is pain. I can only watch him coming closer and attacking other avatars. Its not easy for them to kill it but they managed it somehow. With the dawn the attack is over. It's the same tactic as in Adoris. I use a teleport scroll to get home and forget those two days.

Jaesun, Aeryk, CatherineRose and 5 others like this.
  2. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

... MEANWHILE in Ardoris ...

Ariel, Fiona and Jude materialized at Sequanna Square and ran into the Peladjar Inn.
    Samael welcomed them excited. 'Good, you're here! Have you found that parchment?'
    Jude nodded. 'Samael, we have it! We found the parchment. Where are all the Master mages?'
    'They are in the Master Trainer House.'
    'So let's hurry!', Ariel said.

They entered the Master training house.
    'An unexpected gathering.', Reston and Kamran Khan said, as they entered.
    With a smile and a light bow and no further word, they hurried to the second floor.
    The Masters of magic looked at the Arrival.
    Parker welcomed and told them: 'We're all here, except for ...'
    'Eris!', Jude finished the sentence. 'I knew it ...'

'What shall we do now?', Parker asked.
    Jude closed his eyes for a moment. 'With or without him. We have nothing to lose ...'
    Saying this, he handed the parchment to Parker, who unfolded it.
    'It's old language, but it's understandable!', she told.

'Jude, we will study the briefing of this parchment. Hope it won't take long.'
    'We are waiting outside.', Jude answered tired ...

They went downstairs and left the house.
    'Let's have a seat under Sequanna!', Fiona said.
    So they did.
    Jude sighed.
    Samael looked worried. 'I have to tell something.'
    'We're listening!', Ariel said.
    'Their mind and soul can't stay much longer ...'
    'How long do you think, Samael?', Fiona asked.
    'Best case: a few days. Worst case: until tomorrow ...'
    'So after they read this parchment and find out, that all we need is Eris to do that ritual, all will be good.', Jude replied.
    'I hope so', Ariel said.
    'Really hope so', Fiona added.
    'We will see...', Samael replied.
    Jude laughed. 'We came that far! So nothing will stop us now to resurrect them! And even if I have to threaten Eris to help ...'

At this moment Parker came by. 'Listen, Jude: You were right. All Master mages are needed. But there is something else...'
    Jude freezed, closed his eyes a few seconds, took a very deep breath and than, very calm, asked: 'What is it?'
    'At the end the parchment talks about a kind of gesture, which should be done!'
    'A gesture?', Fiona and Ariel asked together.
    'What kind of gesture?', Samael wondered.
    'It just says: If you will succeed, there is one gesture you have to show and to materialize, so you can transfer pain into real love! If this happens, soul and mind can be connected to a resurrected body ...'

'Let's have a bath and sleep. We have to think carefully about tomorrw morning. Now all of us are too tired ...', Jude said.
    'Parker, you take care of the others so they stay comfortable?'
    'All is good, Jude. They will stay. We will find a solution! But for now, all of you've done enough. Rest and have a good night!'

'Tomorrow we will lose or succeed ...', Jude said very slow while they walked to Peladjar inn....

... to be continued ...

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    Jaesun, CatherineRose, Cerus and 4 others like this.
  3. Paladin Michael

After the assault was over I left the Hall of Valor - and met Dupre!

He sat on the stairs and was exhausted, too.

He smiled. 'Look, if this wasn't the Avatar, running wild at Dysborg Ruins?'
    I hold on, thought, and smiled back. 'So it was you removing the magic user behind me?'
    'Not me - it was Fiona!'
    'I will thank her next time. Where is she?'
    'She, Ariel and - I mean, she and Ariel teleported back to Ardoris. They were on a special mission for the sake of Ardoris' leader...'
    'What do you mean?', I asked.
    'Yes, that's a long story, friend. I would suggest we will have a seat inside the inn and of course something to eat?'
    'That's a really good idea. This was a long day!'
    'A very long day... Before I forget: I have to excuse.'
    'Why?', I asked.
    'Well, as we saw you running that fast, we made a kind of joke, I mean, especially me ...'
    'I see - that's okay. May be it looked like I had to do something else than to be killed?'

Dupre laughed and than got serious. 'As we ran the streets up and down, fighting, I saw you facing this dragon!'
    'And I was that close to run again ...' I smiled.

So we entered the Inn and Dupre told me about the special mission to save Lady Khasi and Lord Siranto. I was excited about that information! If this could happen!
    Afer all what happened the last time, this was very good news! I decided to visit Ardoris next day. A lady would receive flowers for saving my life ...

4. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

[​IMG]

May 4th... The fiercest and bravest Avatars gathered all around the ruins of Dysborg. They marched to war against the darkness. They marched to fight for Novia and for those they love. Even though they heard the rumor about the insuperable power of the enemy who was awaiting them, they marched... to victory or death.

And then there were those outlanders who marched on the dark side. Those who decided to abandon the virtues and embrace the enemy. Their greed for loot and power has lead them to Dysborg and they were ready to defend the vicious plans of The Eye.

And so it began...

Video made by Engineer aka @Datendrache

Hemswal's power seemed to be infinite. One Avatar after the other fell trying to oppose him. It was a massacre. But the resistance against Hemswal went on, for hours and hours. The earth under the Dysborg Ruins was soaked with blood, like never before. The sun was setting and Avatars were losing hope as they realized there was no way to defeat the Descended one.

And in that very moment, when everything seemed lost, something unbelievable happened. Something nobody expected
    Not even the Story-teller / GM

As Hemswal was fighting the Avatars, Arkah charged towards him and stabbed a blade, covered with a shiny black poison, into Hemswal's flesh.
    The effect of the substance rushed through Hemswal like an electric shock and suddenly seized every drop of the Obsidian's power from his body. The same moment, the Paladin and leader of Antrax Army immediately shot a shatering stone arrow right into Hemswal, striking him down.

Hemswal the Descended was defeated.

Only minutes were left until the end of the day. Only minutes separated the Obsidians from the next victory. Avatars began searching for Aeddon, but it was not easy. For the cabalists and the Avatars with ill intentions were still on the battlefield. And they did everything they could to protect the evil ritual...

"It is done! The ritual is done, Aeddon! The next phase of the purge can begin. Now rush, Aeddon, escape from this place!", the dark messenger shouted. Aeddon, a tiny, wispy mage suddenly appeared from behind a hill, and started running. Only a few metres separated him from the gates of Dysborg, when he was discovered and slain by several Avatars... The Arch Mage was dead.

[​IMG]

While the battle was ongoing, the Story-teller has witnessed that 3 Avatars from the House of Managar have found Aeddon in his hideout. But it seemed they were not there to kill, but rather to protect him

[​IMG]

5. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

My friend Arkah came to Dragomir today in a very sad mood. We talked about the happenings over these past days and how to best help all of Novia. Boris will be joining us shortly from recouperating from his wounds he received in Dysborg Ruins. His ship had been trapped in the Monsoon which appeared after the battle. Boris will join our discussion of these days of events and the probable coming events.
    So many seem to have chosen power so that they can be ones who are looked upon with admiration and fear. How do we change this beginning of an evil thought process?

We also visited the critically wounded. We then visited the families who are now without a father and a husband. So much pain!

The small reprieve came as those sitting in the ring of stones listened to Arkah play music he had written. We listened with tears in our eyes. When Arkah finished his concert we were rested and renewed again and ready for the days that are to follow where once again blood will be running in the street from the wounded and dying.

6. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

The longboats had been dropped in the water, they had picked up a man who was wearing the insignia of the Order of Chivalry though he did not seem a warrior yet instead a musician of sorts. The squad leader of that longboat asked him his name and the man responded Arkah. The longboat reached shore and small pleasantries were exchanged as the man expressed his gratitude.

The crew scouted the area and found many obsidian soldiers dead from the round of cannonfire ordered by Boris an hour before. Their job was to burn the dead and bring back prisoners for questioning. There was one survivor who made a feeble attempt to fight the crew but was overcome, restrained and brought back as the Captain ordered. The longboat was lifted and the crew stepped back on board throwing the prisoner on the ground. The man stood up as best he could and screamed for the entire ship to hear. "You will all die, your families and children will feed our master and the new Novian order. We are the masters now."

Boris stepped out of his stateroom after hearing the commotion and stepped up to the man. "What is your name and where does your army come from?"

The man looked at Boris and spoke with hatred. "My named is Kanuth, I will not tell you anything else scum, return me to shore immediately".

Boris looked at him and laughed. "Scum?" He looked at the crew. "He must be welcomed properly, mayhaps then he will be more cooperative."

"Razulah, bring the tools with you, I think our friend needs some dental work and a manicure". Razulah knew what was about to happen as in times of love and war all is fair and the rules of engagement had just been thrown overboard in this case".

Kamuth was tied to the main mast and both his head and feet secured. He swung his fists out in rage yet two men held his arms after that.

"Now my friend Kanuth, I have been practicing the dental arts lately and think I can help you." Boris took the pliers and yanked out one of the man's front teeth with one strong tug, then another yet the man whose eyes were filled with panic would not speak.

"Feel better now, I think you may have some hangnails I can help you with as well". Boris grabbed a knife and began to cut the man's fingers starting with the pinkie. "Now that hangnail will not bother you any more., should I continue with my medical expertise. Kanuth was screaming like a little girl as he had lost two fingers from his right hand. "North of Aerie we gather, Aerie and other cities are next to fall".

Boris looked at him again and smiled at the prisoner. "Well I am sure your superiors will not want to know you betrayed them so I will do you a favor" He had the mem restraining him hold Kanuth's mouth open and with a cool demeanor ripped out his tongue which he threw overboard to the fish.

'"Take this trash back to shore and then to the road. Maybe he will make it back to his leaders and maybe he will not. I do not care at this point, meet us in Dragomir" Before they took the man to the longboat, Boris carved some letters on his chest. "One Ship, One Path, One Truth".

The Obsidians may have won some battles but now they face a man whose inner darkness had been released with one mission, to destroy every obsidian and crony in Novia.

Where there had been compassion and fairness in a mans' heart now was nothing but empty spaces.

7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Arkah sprinted through the swamps a bit nervous after witnessing the unexpected assult at the shore. He was familiar with this area as he once studied (and ate) the animals in the area. After reaching the road he could make out Dragomir Mori in the distance and began travelling at a more casual pace. As worn out as he was it was surprising he could still sprint at all.

--------

Reaching Dragomir, Arkah went to inspect Stu Gotz's new Ship and began yelling "Helloooo? It's me, Arkah!"
    He walked over to an outdoor piano near the dock as he saw Catherine Rose approach him. "What's that noise?" Arkah asked scratching his head.

"It's sobbing" She replied sadly. "Many lost loved ones in the recent attacks. I bet you are upset about the recent battles as well."

"I AM!" Arkah threw an arm up in exasperation. "I mean, we went through hell trying to stop those jerks and they STILL got thier portal open!"

Arkah played a tune on the piano as he spoke, "Oh keep playing," Cathrine smiled a bit "I like that." She leaned on a column behind him "Im worried they could now attack anywhere without warning and catch us unprepared."

Arkah stops playing and begins to pick at the tatters hanging from his leather armor. "Im all torn up, i need to make repairs" Arkah began sewing crude stitches into his armor with a field repair kit.

"We must rally people to help us stop them." Cathrine stood up and motioned insistingly to Arkah.

Arkah winced at a thought, "Err...most avatars i know would do anything for power or wealth. Im not sure who to trust. The onyl group i can really put absolute faith in is the Pax Guard. Even Corte who found himself in the grip of temptation resisted at the last moment and fought with us. But at the moment everything seems ok." He shrugged, completely unaware of the attack on Resolute. "And I'll tell you another thing," He turned and looked at Cathrine forbodingly, "I do NOT trust the oracle, either. Im certain Lady Arabella doesnt trust it, and i do not trust the shroud it gifts avatars." He shook his head in rejection. (EDIT to explain why)"In the battle, there were people the oracle's shroud judged to be unvirtuous that were fighting to end the obsidians, and many white shrouded so called "virtuous" people at each other's throats. Even the people i trusted to carry out our plan with the dark unicorn's blood donned black shrouds."

Cathrine seemed further upset, "I know, so many choose power over anything. So many people left with dead lvoed ones, children without homes..." She began sobbing.

"Well, what we need now is good Morale." Arkah sat at the piano and began playing. Cathrine stopped sobbing ad was soon joined by Anpu as they listened to the music for a while.

After some time listening to Arkah play piano, Cathrine and Anpu took arkah to see the wounded, then decided it was time to eat. Arkah then realized HE was very hungry as well! Wolf jerky wasnt gonna cut it. He Left Dragomir for the trek back to Ordinis Mortis to rest.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  8. Vicious Malice

Vicious Malice Avatar

Malice had slept for a day or more. When she woke, it was dark night. She climbed on the roof of her house and sat there until dawn, listening to the sounds of the night. Watching the stars and the moon. Opening the old scars on her arm that spelled the word "HATE". Watching the trickle of blood that seemed nearly black in the pale moonlight. Daylight came, and still she could not reach the Master. Her wounds were healed by then, her strength restored, due to the contents of the miraculous vials the Master had bestowed upon her. She wanted to speak with Corte. And then again, she did not. She had watched him during the battle and she was confused by his actions. The slow passing of time tortured her. Restlessly she paced inside the house, tried to read, could not concentrate. Played the harpischord, but barely heard the music.

Finally the Master summoned her. Her and Corte. The Master was in a good mood. He was pleased with their performance. They had been victorious in causing chaos and distracting the virtuous avatars for long enough to make the ritual complete. In his unusually happy mood, the Master guided his apprentices to the sacred sanctuary he had started building in his new house. On the way, Malice whispered to Corte and made him swear not to tell the Master of her moment of weakness and despair when she had thought him vanquished, making the mistake of believing the lies that were shouted from many throats on the battlefield. In return she offered not to tell the Master about the avatars Corte had spared. She would find out more about this in time.

When Corte had been dismissed, she finally spoke up to the Master. "We need to bind Corte more tightly to us, Master. In the role you want him to play, temptation is high."

9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Back at the Blue Memory ruin in Ordinis, Arkah takes off his backpack and tosses it onto his desk. "Hi Mr. Blacks, so furry," He said in a baby voice as he leaned over to pet his cat, Shadow. He noticed somone had put a letter into his MailBox, so he removed it and walked over to his desk, kicking his feet up as he read it:
    [​IMG]

Arkah walked over to his mailbox and stuck his hand deeper inside to discover a generous bag of gold coins. "oh wow. Geez!" He scratched his head. "Well thats ALOT of gratitude."

Arkah began to wonder who Darius was. He contemplated asking around as he stroked Shadow who was now kneading his backpack on the desk. "Someone Aeddon mind-controlled? So Zaleena needs protecting. Are the Ebon dawn hunting her?" Arkah looked at shadow and wondered. "Was Darius the voice i heard shouting orders at Aeddon during the battle? No, that cant be it."

Arkah put the letter away and picke dup a report he recieved from the Town Crier. "Resolute was attacked." Arkah's eyes narrowed as he continued reading. He sat up and took a pen from the inkwell on his desk. "Nefario was spotted in resolute. Interesting. I saw him in Ardoris as well..." Shadow bit Arkah cuing him to stop his pets. "Arkah put his notes into his desk and began sorting through the potions in his backpack. "I wonder if Nefario isn't playing some key role in this? And is he actually of higher command than the rest of the Cabal?" Arkah removed a potion of might and a sack of caltrops, carefully retieing the slip-knot holding it shut.

"I feel like doing some digging. And i need to return to Helvig and let her know what happened," Arkah began to recall her nervousness and apparent paranoia in their last encounter, "but im not sure if there is some hold on her. She had SOMETHING around her neck she was concerned about. They can probably hear everything she says. Hmmm...." Arkah thought for a moment and pulled out a blank sheet of paper from his desk, He licked the tip of his pen and began writing...

10. Paladin Michael

... MEANWHILE in Ardoris ...

The sun rose, the City was calm and shrouded in fog. A man sat infront of Sequanna's statue, praying. It was Jude, dressed like he was known the last years, as a common beggar...

He was thinking about the given information from the obsidian parchment. What was that item, which was so important to succeed with this resurrection ritual? He couldn't imagine...

Deep in his thoughts, he talked to himself:
    'What could it be?
    Or may be it's not an item?
    A person?
    A special one?
    An Avatar? But which one?
    Must be a great fighter for the light!
    A kind of ... Paladin?'
    He laughed... A Paladin!
    So he continued talking to himself:
    'A kind of Paladin, a special Paladin, just a Paladin, ... what's a Paladin?', he said lout into the foggy morning air, surrounding him, just flooded by the first sun rays...

'That's me!', a voice came out of the fog ...

... to be continued ...

11. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

Meanwhile...

Hemswal, while injured, and no longer wielding the full power of the Obsidians, is still hard at work...

No one will ever suspect that we've built an Obsidian sacrificial altar right in this cozy little town! And, right under their noses... Adorned with the skulls of our enemies and some freshly burned corpses... Yes, this should do nicely!

[​IMG]

Once again, while just blending in with the locals, yet another ritual was performed. But this one was different.

With this ritual complete, the avatars of virtue won't stand a chance in the coming days!

After deciding the ritual was a success, it was then time to meet with the Obsidian again. Because a small exchange had to be made.

[​IMG]

And after business, pleasure. A short visit to an Obsidian Septagram, that few seem to know of.

[​IMG]

My apprentice, unlike the false virtues, these values hold true meaning. This is the path to power to command obedience! However, we still have more preparations to make. Let us go, we have little time to waste.

12. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

[​IMG]

And so, the third chapter of our story has concluded.

Aeddon, the mage who summoned the portals was killed. But still, the vicious aura around Novia remained and the clouds under the sky became darker and darker. Why?
    Ardoris and Resolute fell victim to the destructive power of the Obsidian fist. Hate spread over Novia after the leaders of Ardoris fell. Now, that Resolute also suffered the loss of its leader, the courage in the peoples' hearts was also fading day by day. Would Jude and his companions find a way to resurrect them before it was too late?

The path of truth was the Avatar's last hope, for it was yet untouched by the dark hand. Its light was shining in the Avatar's hearts and leading the way for those who still had hope. Will Boreus guide the Avatars in these dark days? And where would his light lead them?

To find out, some Avatars decided to go back to the place where their journey began - more than half a year ago...

The old, elven mage looked at them with tired eyes as the Avatars eneterd his domain - once again - in search for aid.

"Say nothing, Avatars. I know the reasons of your visit. Today, you come to me as seekers of truth... But I must say that you arrive late... There was once a woman named Zaleena who knew the truth. Three days ago she was captured by the Ebon Dawn Cult. She is no more"

Some Avatars shoved their face into their hands, while others fell onto their knees in despair.

"Behold!", he suddenly said staring into the glowing crystal orb with his eyes widely opened. "I see Zaleena has left us, but her knowledge remains in this world. It seems she has left her knowledge in a book before the Ebons found her. A book that speaks of the last attack. A book that speaks of 7 Seals and of the only way to defeat the dark messenger once and for all."

Within a glimps of an eye, several Avatars were standing on their feet again:
    "Where is this book? Speak quickly, for our time is short!", they shouted impatiently. And the old man, who only saw fractions of information, spoke: "I can see this book hidden in a town... this town has a Governor..."

Will the Avatars find the truth about the 7 Seals and protect the Novians from the imminent End? We shall find out in Chapter 4.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Aeryk, Jaesun, Rentier and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.