Bundles expiring.... really?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by malakhi, Oct 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

only currently offered bundles (in online)

Sentinel2, Brewton and Jaesun like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Since they're all expiring, what will replace them?

3. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

thanks.

even if they don't make it for r59 knowing that it is still in the plans to add them to the vendors is much appreciated.

4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

... Hey Yobtar! I hope this helps you out. :)

yobtar likes this.
  5. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

@DarkStarr Does that include the ability to upgrade existing bundles or just purchase new? If not, since that was my plan all along for my viking bundle, are refunds going to be issued in form of COTOs so we can than apply those to the bundle we want? Otherwise I feel like I threw away $500 on plans to upgrade a bundle that I can't upgrade.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  6. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I presume new bundles :D

7. DarkStarr

Only new purchase. Sorry for any miscommunication but we stated several times that in game bundles would not have upgrade functionality.

8. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

This is how I thought it was too. New bundles were supposed to be added to the in-game crown merchants, but without the ability to upgrade existing ones. The only way to upgrade an existing bundle was through the add-on store website.

Those who had credits saved up in hopes of being able to eventually upgrade an existing bundle kind of got screwed since the credits got converted to COTO's and that credit that was built up could no longer be applied to upgrading a bundle. But that was clearly noted on the announcement of the credit conversion and even then a decent amount of notice was given for people to upgrade before the conversion.

I highlighted the part about not being able to upgrade with in-game COTO merchants. I think Devs might have said on livestreams that they would try to find a way to make it possible, but no promises to do that were made as far as I can remember.

9. yobtar

yobtar Avatar

Thanks for finally giving us a date :) Been wanting my village bundle forever!!!!

10. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

Whelp, looks like it might be time to cash out.

11. DarkStarr

We completely understand how some of you are frustrated by the inability to purchase and/or upgrade via crowns.

So I am talking with the team internally about a customer service token that would allow you to upgrade with crowns through a support request. It will be some work but we think we can make it happen. Stay tuned for official announcement and thank you for your patience.

12. DarkStarr

13. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

@DarkStarr
    The announcement says:
    "Please note that we will be using the same exchange rates that are currently on the store for this transaction."

Just as a ballpark does this mean
    475 current sale price for a kobold village tax free bundle
    1,199 current sale price for a kobold town tax free bundle
    2,299 current sale price for a kobold city tax free bundle

So roughly....
    724 cotos (1,199-475) to upgrade the village to a town (plus $25 for service voucher)

1,824 cotos (2,299-475) to upgrade the village to a city (plus $25 for service voucher)

14. DarkStarr

It completely depends on what you originally paid for the bundle (i.e. whether you paid full price or bought it on sale). Hence the need for us to respond to each person individually.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  15. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

So if I look on the bundles tab of my account info and it says I paid $550 for the village bundle then it would be something like

1,199 - 550 for the town upgrade
    2,299-550 for the city upgrade

(I know you cant commit to specifics without email etc. Just trying to get a rough idea how it would work)

As a followup question: Does purchasing a $25 service voucher during the Friday sales count for the monthly release rewards?

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
  16. DarkStarr

Yes purchasing a service voucher on Friday will count towards the monthly rewards.

17. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I read that "once you purchase the voucher, then the crowns will be removed from your inventory".

That got me thinking, what happens to any lower level property deeds that came with the lower level bundle? I'm guessing those will also be removed (and likely any smaller houses too) since the bundle upgrades don't let you keep those, correct?

Maybe you should add some sort of clarification about that and maybe require them to remove the home to inventory and unclaim any currently claimed lots with the deed that gets removed before purchasing the voucher?

18. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

Along the same line of thought. I have purchased multiple bundles in the past. How will I know (or indicate) which deed/basement/house will be replaced/upgraded?

19. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

I imagine it will work the same way upgrades work now - after you upgrade, you get a message saying certain items in your bank/inventory can be upgraded, and they are highlighted. You pick them, right click, and they get upgraded from a say a row house to a village, a row deed to village, etc. Port does not actually take things from your inventory when you upgrade now, so there is no reason to think that would happen here.

I have no idea what happens if you don't actually have the items in your possession though, but I would imagine there is a protocol for it.

If you have say, three viking 4-story row homes and upgrade one of your viking row bundles to a village, you will see all of them highlighted in your inventory or bank - right click on one and you can upgrade it. Again, Port is not picking which item will be upgraded, you get to do that in game. It works pretty nicely, actually.

Rentier and Daxxe Diggler like this.
  20. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I'd still like to know....

- will there be new bundles in new flavors coming? or is this an end to bundles as we know it?
    - if the latter, will prosperity tools and tax free deeds now be available for individual purchase?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.