Please Tell Me Im Just Misunderstanding The Player Vendors...

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Ookla, Oct 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ookla

Ookla Avatar

I had noticed i was a little light in the pocket when it came to refunds from the Player Vendors when my item didnt sell, but i never really paid much attention till now...Am i to understand correctly that when an item doesnt sell they DO NOT give us back the item, but instead they keep the fracking item & give us the base value of it, which if i understand correctly is what the value is when you look at an item in your inventory?!!?!?!?

Im going to save my ranting till after im sure whats going on because if im right i...well...you'll see...[​IMG]

See Example - [​IMG]

2. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Yup that item is up and gone like a fart in the wind, I'm afraid.

Net, smack, Almar and 2 others like this.
  3. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Yup, harsh but thats the way it is, he does warn you about it in the wall of text.... atlleast they dont charge you for listing item anymore.....
    Theres a 7 day timer from placing them, you can remove them and relist them, can also do that from the settings icon in your bank

Sole, Gaelis and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  4. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

@Cordelayne

Will these items end up as drop loot off of a monster?

5. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

They were supposed to but I don't think it ever got properly implemented.

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Make a note on your phone for when items will be expiring, and then go get them back before they do.

This is very easy to do! Simple.

Or just sell items on your own vendor (they don’t expire). Or other player vendors (like a Guild vendor, or perhaps the Governor of the town where you live might let you sell items on their vendors there).

And I know exactly what you are trying to do by the way...

majoria70 likes this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I have always felt that since you already paid the commission for the item, it should be returned to your bank if it expires. Just giving you the default value in gold is really crappy.

shadtek, Katu, Net and 12 others like this.
  8. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

i wonder how much people have lost to this "feature".

I know I stopped using public vendors because of it and had just forgotten about it till just now.

I would say this needs to be changed asap.

*edited: fixed to changed :p

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Net, Aeryk, Tiki Pirate and 3 others like this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is specifically, and clearly stated, what will happen if you list an item.

Don't know what else needs to be "fixed"?

Net, Sole, Gaelis and 1 other person like this.
  10. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Its a mechanic that inhibits new players from selling wares to other avatars. They should get the item back, not the in-game gold value. This isnt a criticism of the current system being buggy, but rather its a bit cold of a new user experience.

Derium, smack, Aeryk and 6 others like this.
  11. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

does this meet your approval?

Aeryk likes this.
  12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

What specifically is the problem?

13. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

And do your stocking/restocking on Thursday or Friday to increase sales, as weekends are the time they move and you want to be near the top when people sort by date.

Jaesun likes this.
  14. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I agree with this somewhat. I was very conscientious about my timing when using the Alt to buy a lot deed, early this year. I set an alarm, and still lost a few batches of things because I got sloppy. The traffic to those PV's made up for it, but it hurts.

With Vlad I don't even list on PV's because the times I DO lose something I really hate it, and I'm busy enough that I can't assure myself I'll get their in time to pull things. So I stick with my lower traffic vendors and I'm fine with that.

I don't actually think they should take it away, it is a great way to flush things out of the economy, and removing it would probably cause a massive glut of goods.

Rather, how about ten certificates of "get my item back" when you use a PV for the first time?

That way the new player who just lost his things can clearly see, "Oh crap, I had to give up one (or more) of these ten tickets, but this guys says I could have just removed it instead. I better pay more attention next time."

Vs. rage quitting. I would bet $100 that more than one new player has rage quit after losing the first item they listed on the PV.

15. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Well you should be actually be selling your stuff on your Governor or Guild commission free vendor anyways.

Simon LeBon likes this.
  16. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

i see what you did there :)

On the OP, that is just downright mean of this game to do but you did kinda need to read the fine print.

I don't understand why they just don't send stuff to your bank with quantity of items for sale limitations.

smack and Cordelayne like this.
  17. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

I do HAVE to say ONLY if they don't READ. I'm sorry but people should also RTFM and notices. New folks especially.

Cordelayne, Gaelis and Jaesun like this.
  18. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it did, but only for real npc merchants, not public vendors. even then, only for crafted goods that actually have a "made by" tag, so nothing like crafting components.

19. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I've never liked this system, it's extremely cruel on new players.

It shows commitment to the game by a new player to gather and craft an item and place it in a public vendor before they have access to a house and their own vendor or even a guild vendor or vendor kindly loaned or hired by a player.

Yes it states the risk, but I have often heard of this being missed. It happened to me when I started. Who wants or should have to set an alarm on their rl phone? You may have 10 items on multiple vendors across Novia with different expiries. Forget that, it's a support system weakness. I stopped using public vendors entirely due to this and I suspect given how empty they are, others did as well.

Yes it's an incentive to join a guild, hire a vendor, obtain a house, but given the other features that have been removed or neutered in the name of QOL, this one is more than a candidate, especially as it exclusively hurts new players.

If we have to have a maxinum listing time limit to keep public vendors from getting overloaded with aged junk, I would suggest returning the item but increasing the listing fee and losing your deposit or fee rather than the item or at least send a mail message 24 hours before destruction stating item(s) and location.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  20. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I agree @Steevodeevo , but I can imagine the long term damage this would cause with the loss of a major item sink from the game. Just wondering how they would make up for it.

Cordelayne, Steevodeevo and Almar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.