Staff boost?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xee, Oct 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

That is why Chris stated it wont be the same it will be reduced to a 1.7 equiv. vs the 2 wands. This is to offset that the staff can be used as a melee.

id rather see staffs more like wands and changed to a foci so no melee abilities. that or have them add more options like spell books, totems, Foci type devices.

Sway and Adam Crow like this.
  2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I dont have auto attack on while I use my wands and they are slowly degrading, it never used to at all, but I think they fixed that. Now, if staff and dual wands become = in power of enchants and masterworks, there will still be differences, pros and cons on either way. I think the biggest difference would be ( for now until crafting spec ) needing to only make one good staff with the right enchants and masterworks vs needing to make 2 good wands with the right enchants and masterworks, well staff has the advantage as you are probably going to save on mats. As for a staff dealing more damage from physical hits with it, at the same time, you do not get the bonus parry defense if you have offhand defense passive leveled up, you cannot wear a shield and a staff and cannot use offhand attack with a staff. I think we would just see more variety of looks of players , some with staffs, some with wands.

Sway, Lynx Fain, Sorthious and 3 others like this.
  3. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Why can't they just make enchants more powerful but reduce melee damage as the enchant damage increases? (if we're worried about melee staff mages)

4. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

The devs need to focus on Taming gear!

Lynx Fain and Mac2 like this.
  5. Snakyy

Snakyy Avatar

Staff boost is in same limbo as dex based melee weapons, new spells, spell specialization linked spells, more powerful summons and yadda yaa. Don't expect to see them anytime soon and/or ever.

Kain Darkmoor likes this.
  6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

They did mention it in the last live stream from Darkstarr that they is going to get done by R60 I believe he said as its one of the items that has been pushed on ;) (Staffs that is)

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.