Beyond Frustrated...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HogwinHD, Aug 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berenice

berenice Avatar

maybe it is this one ;) this "i do not know what" that modern player do not accept, when you and me started playing UO (me at least , I am old :p ) we were just getting out of the middle age (I quote my daughter 18 years old ) we did not know we could do better than what we had (and i can ensure you UO at the beggining was terrible (hope @Lord British does not read that :p )), but it was already a complete new word...Things changed, patience as well maybe, probably just a new generation of gamers very nicely described by some other in this post or another, new gen of games as well , focus more on immediate return instead of community amusement...I do not know, i was sarcastic on purpose , did not want to hurt, just that everything is there to have fun, i personnaly have a lot in this game for all the reasons i citated, i may be a bit wiser than when i was 18...maybe not ;)

Istyrl/berenice Miroa

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'd like to see you solo dragon at AL 80.

Cordelayne and 2112Starman like this.
  3. Purie

Purie Avatar

It is mechanical fight like troll or any other boss in the game. You can avoid EVERYTHING. At 80adv lvl with decent equipment if you can out damage dragons regen you win. Ain't much required.

4. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Nonesense

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yeah, I'd still like to see it.

Vero and Cordelayne like this.
  6. Vero

Vero Avatar

Would be the 3rd time I level an Alt to show that it can be done but sure

Dhanas and kaeshiva like this.
  7. Vero

Vero Avatar

Nonsense? @Purie is right. All physical dmg from dragon attacks can be avoided 100%.

I can level a new toon up to show you guys, not to act tough.. More people are doing it.

I could show and explain like I do to all who ask me...

Gaelis and kaeshiva like this.
  8. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

[​IMG]

Barugon and Vero like this.
  9. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I've personally witnessed both of these players do exactly what they claim at either very low levels or on purpose-built alts. It requires solid knowledge of the mechanics of the fight and deck building, semi-decent gear, and also the reaction time to move your butt out of the way. I've sadly never mastered that last bit, despite considerable coaching from a few people :X Despite my much higher adventure level I struggle to do what Vero's level 85 alt can against a dragon. I can get it dead, but its not so tidy or efficient. :X

10. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I dropped out of that argument but will pop back in for this.

Its amazing that years later, people can still solo these things due to blatantly poor game design. The dev's have said strait up for years that people are not supposed to be able to solo boss mobs like this and yet they still can get 100% resist today... wow...

But still, being able to do this is not "end game" content (back to the original argument).

End game content would be getting a group together to go properly kill a dragon... which... no one... really does in this game other then one offs which are usually "lets show Joe the new guy a dragon".

On the flip side in wow (which I just started after 11 years), I quick joined a dozen high end dungeons raids in the past week as easy as click click (wait 5 mins) and bam, Im in it with a million other people right there with me. Ya, simple... but its FUN.

StrangerDiamond likes this.
  11. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

My apologies, I honestly didn't think this was possible My bad. Should this be possible?

Aeryk likes this.
  12. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I always fought dragons like a man, I don't spin around it, I tank it. This was one of the main reasons for the speed nerf.

Chemical and Vero like this.
  13. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

So, instead of fixing AI and other problems, they slap a band aid (speed nerf) on the sucking chest wound (Boss battles not WAI).

14. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

I disagree, this game is supposed to be a sandbox. End game is whatever you want it to be. Perhaps soloing a dragon is a players "end game", I know many aspire to it. Equally it could just be running your tavern.

I recently completed one of my "end game" goals, collecting all Cabalist Hoods and Weapons.

As with all sandboxes, the hard bit about "end game" is you are not spoon fed join X and farm till you have Y until next patch then join X+1 and farm till you have Y+1.

You have to set your own goals and challenge yourself to achieve them thus making your own "end game" content.

Regards
    Spung

15. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

As opposed to like this? :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

Jaesun, Sentinel2, Aldo and 1 other person like this.
  16. Black FjP

Black FjP Avatar

If the most rewarding exp place in the game's greatest risk is randomly walking too far off a cliff on the way down, that's pretty beat.

17. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

No no ,much like that, you can see her use glancing blow before the fight starts and the fortify defenses while in the powerslide :) .

18. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I miss the old version of the Kobold Expeditionary Camp where nothing would leash and you could end up fighting like 30 or 40 mobs at once. You had no time to pause of think, just constant fighting until they were done. I died often there at the start, but my god it was fun.

A group of us would just be laughing while fighting there because of all the "oh ****!" moments. Then they nerfed it, because of the loot and exp people were getting.
    It was so much more fun than UT. Yet they killed , it and created UT which is the same exp and loot and no where near the fun. :/

I got excited when they said there would be no leashing in Ravensmore Ruins, I got the KEC feeling of excitement... but nope.

I need something like KEC again, like zones where enemies can summon their friends with a horn or something when getting there butt whooped. You can leave the zones like UT as they are for people that enjoy that.... but hell give me some more horde mode like levels the way KEC used to be. If it's a performance issue, then just make me your QA guinea pig! :D @Chris @DarkStarr

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    Gaelis, Aldo and Vero like this.
  19. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Then they need to put some content in the game for one to "end game" right? The #1 thing SOTA needs... period... is people to actually play it. People are not playing it for a reason and no matter how much people rationalize "sandbox" (is it... really???) or "end game" something is not right and has not been for a long period of time. Because clearly "running to the tavern" as the "end game" is not working.

20. Purie

Purie Avatar

Well i've been hoping for some PvP content and balancing. PvE content has it limits(already done everything 100x. starting to get old). I have to say i'm not enjoying endless UT farm or krul monkey event before that.
    I have everything I need equipment and lvl wise. I don't need to kill anymore dragons or daemons or whatever. Unless I misunderstood and i'm suppose to sit in UT until every skill says lvl 200

I don't like to RP nor I like gathering resources so I guess i'm fcked :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    MrBlight and Dhanas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.