Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Cannot be solo in Lost Vale

Discussion in 'Multiplayer, Social, & Guilds' started by Barugon, Oct 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

10/20/2018 14:26
    Title: Cannot be solo in lost vale
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No.
    Details: I'm in private mode but I'm not in private mode in the Lost Vale. This is an adventure scene and shouldn't be subject to the auto-switching to open mode.
    Steps to Reproduce: Select private matchmaking mode and enter the Lost Vale.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 32161
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 8192
    SotA.QA.Linux.64.753.Date.10.19.18
    Area: LostVale
    Area Display Name: Lost Vale
    Loc: (91.9, 1.0, 79.8)
    Debug: TG9zdFZhbGV8fCg5MS44OTQsIDEuMDE5LCA3OS44NDkpfCgwLCAtMC42NjgsIDAsIDAuNzQ0KXwtODAzLjQ5ODJ8MTcuMTkxODh8NS40MTk5Mg==

2. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Each scene has its own setting for match-making. In Shroud of the Avatar, "Adventure scenes" are those that designated to be played solo or in a party. "Open Multiplayer" scenes are designed for multiple players to join simultaneously (whether in a party or not). Many of the "open multiplayer" scenes are configured to use the match-making mode chosen by the player as an override. So some "open multiplayer" scenes can become solo/party instances. "Adventure scenes" are always played as solo/party and cannot be overridden by the match-making option. Lost Vale is an Open Multiplayer scene.

The change for this release is that some open multiplayer scenes have been configured to always be open multiplayer, where previously they could be overridden by the player into party/solo. Scenes affected by the change are scenes with player housing, overworld scenes, and the Lost Vale (due to it's special nature).

The change is intended to improve the online play experience for the community as a whole. Have a suggestion or feedback on this change? Please post on the feedback section. And thanks for testing with us on QA.

EDIT: The three "starter" areas for new players have been changed to be always "Open Multiplayer".

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think that since it has waves of skeletons that spawn, it should be considered an adventure area.

Dhanas and Mishikal like this.
  4. Purie

Purie Avatar

Yeah and few other things spawn there aswell xD

Dhanas likes this.
  5. Purie

Purie Avatar

So when is the fix coming to loot then. If I fight someone over a mob and I deal 80% dmg and the other guy deals 20%. we're both eligible to loot the corpse.

Dhanas likes this.
  6. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

So, why LostVale that opens just 3 times in a day is an Open Multiplayer scene, and zone grindable over and over like Upper Tears aren't?
    I am all for removing the "selective multiplayer" for adventuring zone but why just LostVale?

Tila Tenderfoot likes this.
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Perhaps this is a test....

Dhanas likes this.
  8. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

The problem of instance master is going to be horrible when people are trying to fight all those trolls in the third room.

Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.