1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

[RP-Event] Chapter 4: The Seven Seals

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Cerus, Oct 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

... MEANWHILE in Ardoris ...

l smiled and sat beside Jude. 'You're right. So, what was that talking about a Paladin?'

Jude cleared his throat. 'Well, I heard, Lady Khasi and Lord Siranto could be resurrected, imagine that! And there is something needed to have success!'
    I nodded. 'Yeah, Dupre told me about last night.'
    'He did?', Jude asked surprised. 'What do you know?'
    'Well, he told me, that - while we Avatars fought at Dysborg Ruins - they were on a secret mission!'
    'They?', Jude asked curious ...
    'Yes, Ariel, Fiona and Dupre. And they found a parchment, which contains the secret knowledge of the Obsidians to create a new body or maybe reshape a dead one, don't know exactly. And I hurried very early to find two important things.'
    'Two?', Jude asked again.
    'Yes, I hoped, Lady Khasi and Lord Siranto would be alive! And second, I have to thank Fiona that she defeated my follower at the Dysborg battle.'
    Jude smiled. 'That's nice. I suppose she will be found in the Peladjar's Inn.'
    'Tell me, Jude, are Khasi and Siranto alive?', I asked.
    'Unfortunately not yet. That was, why I talked to myself. The Master Mages told us yesterday about the item which is needed to be successful ...'

I nodded. 'I understand. What exactly was told from that parchment?'
    'If you will succeed, there is one gesture you have to show and to materialize, so you can transfer pain into real love! If this happens, soul and mind can be connected to a resurrected body ...', Jude told me very slow.

I took a deep breath and looked into the sky, providing a wonderful spectacle from mother nature ...
    'That sounds similar to my experience, I made as I met Sequanna ...'
    'YOU met her?', Jude asked sceptical.
    'Yes. On my path of love ...'

Jude shrugged and continued: 'What was similar?'
    'Well, as a special gesture, she made a gift to me.

'That sounds like that story, every Avatar wearing that Shroud is telling! I hear it 4 times a day ...'
    'You mustn't believe me, Jude. But the gesture was interesting and powerful!'
    'Ok, I mustn't believe everything, Outlanders telling me. Anyway, it sounds interesting! What was that gesture?'

'I received a great gift from Sequanna! It provides great power when worn! She called it the Heart of Sorrows!'
    'That powerful necklace!', Jude said with great respect.

'And there is also the tear of sorrow ... This sad spell causes all enemies in a huge radius around the caster to fall down weeping! That's what I meant!
    Imagine: all pain is materialized into an item ... '

Jude looked very interested. He closed his eyes and was absorbed in thought. After a while he told me:
    'May be the effect could reversed! Because of the chaos magic! So this item could be the key the parchment asked for!
    Would you give me that item to sacrifice it for Khasi and Siranto, while they try to resurrect them?'
    I thought about his words. That was a great idea!
    'Of course, I will! I am wearing it in my pocket.'
    I gave it to Jude. He held it in his hands and smiled. 'May be this is the missing item?!', he said with tears in his eyes.

'I wish it for the sake of our leaders, for the sake of love!' Suddenly I had another thougt.
    'Jude, look, I wish you to also take this.' I opened my necklace and put it into Judes' hands.
    'That's very kind of you!', Jude told me very emotional. 'May be those items can do it! I don't know anything else so close to the mysteries of love!'
    'So what next?', I asked.
    'We will inform our friends at Peladjar Inn and call all the Magic Trainers. They have to try it, before it is too late ...'

So all involved persons in this special quest were informed to come together and starting the resurrection!

After an hour all was prepared!
    Only one thing was missing:
    Eris, the Master of chaos magic!

... to be continued ...

2. Net

Net Avatar

July 22nd
    I have tracked down the library with Zaleena's book. I sneak in, but I am too late, as @Vicious Malice leaves the door closes but I am not alone. @Hemswal The Descended is in the library with me. And he already has copy of Zaleenas book. He senses my presence. I am too weak to stand a chance against him, but I cannot let him leave with the book. He does not know I have a friend coming to help me search for the book, friend who can match his powers. I have to reveal myself, so he can focus his attack on me. I die and my ghost is trapped in the room with him. However he has to leave and as he opens the door I have a chance to regenerate my body. And I gave enough time to my friend @Athanil to stop him. Hemswal falls as he underestimates his new opponent. One copy of the book is safe in Athanil's posesion.
    [​IMG]

- an excerpt from Net's diary

3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Arkah sat on a stump next to the road he had been travelling. it had been days and he hadn't heard from Helvig. A little concerned he had begun travelling to Kahli and heard of a book Zaleena had written that would help against the obsidians. He had met a few travellers on the way and learned that it was told this book was hidden in some town int he hidden vale. He shook his head and began pacing.

"If i continue to Kahli, I may put both myself and Helvig in danger. If I help search for this book, it could take weeks to scour every town in this country, not to mention it's certainly only a matter of time before the obsidians catch us off guard again." Arkah rubbed his temples "Ugggg theres no time for this needle hunt. Think think think."

Arkah began thinking and pacing. He was concerned about Helvig, "there is nothing i can do about that for now without putting one or both of us in danger. So what about the obsidians. What is thier Goal?" Arkah looked at the darkened skies above. "Ardoris, the City of Love has lost its heart. Resolute was caught off guard." Arkah sopped pacing, "Arie. The representatives of Truth. Even if i am wrong, we would do best to guard the most likely targets than to be caught COMPLETELY off guard." Arkah began making his way back down the road from the direction he came. "Why isnt their attack constant? There has to be some reason they arent keeping the pressure on." Arkah began going over thigns in his mind. He thought about Zaleena's warning of the battle of Dysborg. "Certain celestial alignments... Maybe there are records of the stars on the nights of both attacks." Arkah began sprinting back twards the ferry to the mainland.

Jaesun, Sindariya, Gaelis and 7 others like this.
  4. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

:Knowledge was highly valued, and those of lesser virtue struggled to keep the location a secret. But somehow those of virtue were able to discover the location of the frozen library.:

*After thawing out a hastily transcribed parchment, I sit pondering the wild goose chase that just took place. The shadows were indeed alive today I reflect... as I look up to see an Owl taking to the skies.*

5. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Snow take this message to Sindariya.

Sindariya, I hope that your confinement will bring rest quickly and you will be with us again soon.

There have been many thousands injured and hundreds of deaths to take care of. This a daunting task but one I cherish doing for in many cases it is the last gift to the ones who are dying that can be given.

Thank you for giving us the suggestions as to where to start the search for the truth of the obsidians.

Duchess CatherineRose

6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Arkah rowed up to the dock in a small broken sailboat and laid the broken mast down on the dock as he stepped out onto it. "Hello! Hi!" He said approaching somone looking as though they had also just arrived at Diamond Fields.

"Howdy" the stranger replied politely.

"Do you live here? I'm looking for an astronomer." Arkah explained, having known this city to have a university for teaching of many crafts.

"I'm sorry, I don't know anyone like that," the stranger shrugged,"but I do live here, jsut moving onto the small Island just offshore there" he pointed, prompting arkah to walk to the edge of the dock. Arkah looked at the island for a moment then turned his gaze tward the sky. The stranger yawned, "I was just heading there to rest."

"A ROAST?!" Arkah turned and met the stranger excitedly, "May I join you!?" a droplet of saliva flicked from his tongue as he spoke.

"A beg your pardon, I said REST" the stranger snickered at Arkah who suddenly looked very dissapointed, and picke dup the broken mast boarding the damaged boat once more.

"Well," Arkah said sighing,"I have to find an astronomer, time is of the essence."

Jaesun, Aeryk, Sindariya and 5 others like this.
  7. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

Very few Avatars have managed to see the content of Zaleena's book so far. It is up to them, whether to share the information with others or not. Keep in mind:
    There can be only one Avatar to open the 7 Seals, and the one who manages it first will see what lies behind them. But beware also: If you decide to work alone on the 7 Seals, you will be slower than those who work in a team...

Sole, Jaesun, Aeryk and 6 others like this.
  8. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Be still my heart! My very soul is in such turmoil. The whispers in my mind are so loud. It seems like the wind of pain across my beloved Novia grow more fierce with the passing days.

If only Arkah were still here to play his music which is always a soothing comfort.

Hopefully Athanil will find the challenge of solving this great mystery not more than he can do. He is one of the best problem solver in our land.

I look our across the sea, the land and the stars and cry out to heaven. Hear my pleas and of all the faithful and loving avatars in this land. Our people are being ravaged by this great thirst for power. We must locate the book which has been hidden from eyes for so long. We must find the book for the answers are written as to how to recognize the weakness of Hemswal the Descended so that we may be victorious against him and forever close the portal of all this hatred and lust for power before it is too late.

I wonder if Boris has heard about the fate of Zaleena. He may have been so busy providing us with supplies and help with transporting the additional wounded from Resolute that he may not even know that after he rescued Zaleena that she was killed.

I look out over the Misti Sea and see my friends and loved ones and weep for the agony that fills each one this night.
    We must find the Book, we must find the Seven Seals. We must prevail.

9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Arkah returned to Dragomir Mori uncertain of what to do. He felt Arie was in danger, but couldnt be sure it would be the next to be attacked. As he watched the sun rise beneath the dark clouds over the harbor, he felt the nagging twinge of hope that lived in him painted into the sky for that brief moment before the sun dissappeared behind the clouds once more. He Decided that for now, he should stay here close by, just in case.
    [​IMG]

He stood on the dock and assembled his kobold instruments preparing to play.

10. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

*Wakes up from the floor only metres from his bed wiping a suprising amount of drool and sweat from his cheek as he returns to the roof from where he had been thawing the parchment.*

"Oh no!" he says paraphrasingly as he sleepily stumbles toward the table"

"How did that happen?" as he looks down at the smoldering document he appears to have placed far too close to his telescope."What kind of magic is this? Some of the page has burn't!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    THERE ARE SEVEN SEALS

THE FIRST SEAL
    is the number of Ankhs on the Breamer Graveyard.

THE SECOND SEAL
    is the number of mirrors in Valhold Palace.

THE THIRD SEAL
    is the number of chains holding the bridges in The Rise.

THE FOURTH SEAL
    is the number of cages on the highest floor of the Tower of the Shattered Eye.

THE FIFTH SEAL
    is the ---------------------of gates in the -----------------chamber---------------------

"I must return to the frozen town very very near to Owl's Head! and find that Elvyn Library again!"

*as he considers this he feels a great pull from the Novian world and finds himself furiously tapping on a red keyboard.*

11. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

[​IMG]
    Many Avatars were still on their quest to find the book. But tales travel fast, and soon there was a lot of rumor in circulation. Some said there was a battle on the doorstep of the secret Elven Library. A battle between light and darkness. A battle for the much sought-after book, and that eventually it has been forcefully taken by somebody. Was that true? Others spoke of the secret places of the mysterious Seals. It seemed that some of them were already known to some Avatars and the information was spreading slowly. However, it was just rumor, and it appeared that many Avatars held a piece of information in their hand, but few knew the whole truth.
    [​IMG]

12. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

THE FOURTH SEAL
    is the number of cages on the highest floor of the Tower of the Shattered Eye.

3 on the ground, and one hanging. I would assume that would be 4.

13. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

"Breamer" is of course supposed to mean Braemar

CatherineRose, Jaesun, Aeryk and 4 others like this.
  14. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

I love how @Net put a "spin" on the story. I'll give the real account of what happened to the guards. The truth is, @Net and @Athanil both attacked me for the book. How virtuous of them.

So, the rumors of @Athanil prying the book from my hands is absolutely true! That book is the property of The Zeitgeist Library, so, @Athanil is clearly a petty thug! I checked the book out from the library as any reasonable person would do. If you don't believe me, ask @Datendrache as he was present at the time I checked it out!

Let's face it, @Athanil is a common criminal and should be punished for his crimes! Guards! Arrest this person!

All the while, during these events, Hemswal wonders if @Vicious Malice made it away safely... Little do these fools know, that her role in all of this is vital. She must be protected.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  15. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

"As someone who only remembers seeing sheep in Owl's head, I do appear to have a great number of them in my head."

"It might be a side effect of staring at seemingly countless candles in the dark." "yeah I probably shouldn't do that too often."

*Said the weary man wondering why he was falling asleep in a graveyard.*

"Are the sheep the spirits of ghosts assaulting my mind?!"

*He jumps up started, falling over a rock and landing next to a headstone. Lit up mockingly by a candle. *

16. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

Don't take me for some virtuous fool @Hemswal The Descended Yes, i can be a thug, i won't deny it, but also a spy or a diplomat for example. Mercenaries play the role they are paid for by their clients!

If you don't like my actions though, i suggest you hire me first next time. Or send some bounty hunters after me for all i care, i could use the gold i'll get for killing them.

Sending the guards after me is laughable though, have you seen those guys?

Anyway, my mission was completed succesfully and i recieved my pay. Time to get myself a few drinks. *walks off in search of the nearest tavern*

17. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

From the Desk of Engineer, Governor of Festival, Chief Librarian of the Zeitgeist Library:

"Dear Hemswal Genis:

The book 'Zaleena's Legacy' is now overdue. The terms and conditions for checking out this book from the Zeitgeist Library were for one Novian's Fortnight. The current late fees for the book are at 7gp. Fines up to 50gp may be incurred if the book is not returned or damaged.

Please support the Zeitgeist Library by paying your fines, as the proceeds are used for our archival program to prevent books such as the one you checked out from being lost. The Library prides itself on being the best source of books written by Avatars in the lands, and would feel the loss of any of our books. It is the continued funding by you and others that keep important manuscripts from being lost due to theft or negligence."

Sincerely,

Engineer

P.S. Please stop fighting outside the Library, people are trying to READ!"

18. Net

Net Avatar

August 13th
    ...one hundred sixty-four, one hundred sixty-five, one hundred sixty-seven, one hundred sixty-eight? Damn, I have to start again. My head hurts and it is not only because the recent brutality of @Hemswal The Descended; @Gaelis gave me bandages for that wound and it is nearly healed. One hundred sixty-four, one hundred sixty-five, one hundred sixty-six, one hundred sixty-seven...
    Why are there so many candles?

[​IMG]

- an excerpt from Net's diary

19. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

... MEANWHILE in Ardoris ...

Samael said: 'So let's go to the Palace of the Wind and give it a try ...'
    They walked calm to the east side of Ardoris.

As they arrived at the Palace, Advisor Damai looked confused. 'What does this mean?'.
    Samael rose to speak. 'We want to pay respect to Lady Khasi and Lord Siranto.'
    'But that's not the right time, as you know!'
    Samael smiled. 'Believe me, it is. Their ghosts are still here - yet. And they want you to bring their bodies to Sequanna Square ...'
    'What? Is that really true, Samael?', Damai asked.
    'Yes, it is. You have to know, all these good people came here to hold a special ritual for their souls. Will you accept this?'
    Damai nodded and advised the Guards to bring Lady Khasi and Lord Siranto and lay them out at the Sequanna Square ...

While the funeral procession walked down the street, it got more and more followers. Sequanna Square never was that overcrowded, even not as the statue of Sequanna was revealed!

Samael informed the people around: 'Listen, what we do, is a very special ritual. It was not done for hundreds of years! We don't know, what will happen. For your own safety, we want you to stay back! If you want to do something, knee down and pray for our leaders ...'
    Samael asked for Jude. 'Jude, it was your idea. So I want you to stay infront of them with me. Place the Heart of Sorrow between them and hold the Tear of sorrow in your hands, please.'
    Jude nodded. All masters of magic took position around the bodies in a circle.

Most people walked inside the houses and watched from there, what happened.

'Shall we start?', Samael asked.
    'I think we have to!', Jude answered.

'Moment! You forgot something!', a voice was heard from behind.
    Samael and Jude turned around and looked surprised at Eris, standing between Ariel and Fiona, Dupre behind them.
    'Eris!?', Jude shouted, and smiled. 'So at last you came?'
    Eris got closer. 'At last - well, the two women and that man told me, Darkstarr couldn't arrive in time ...'
    'And?', Jude wanted to know.
    'They told me, he told them, that only one person would be competent - beside him, of course - to do this special ritual!'
    Jude smiled. 'I have no doubt!'
    'And so I am! I mean: who I am to doubt the Darkstarr! I will do it! They showed the parchment to me and I read what to do!'

Samael smiled. 'You stay inside the circle to tame the chaos!'
    Samael looked around and nodded.

The Master mages of Earth, Water, Air and Fire began to build an energy ball of each element.
    The masters of Death and Life built also an energy ball.
    They looked at Eris. 'Ready?'
    'Ready!', Eris told, closing his eyes, holding his mage staff with both hands above his head.

Meanwhile, Jude laid the hands of Khasi and Siranto together on the heart of sorrow.
    The Tear of sorrow he put on his palms ...

Together all mages focused on the point above Eris' staff and at the same time they forced the energy balls together at that place!
    The same moment Eris rose his staff, muttering some words, creating a burst of chaos energy that covered all energy balls and pushed them together ...

Suddenly, a huge energy cloud arose! It sounded and looked like a storm trapped into a crystal ball!
    Now all mages forced this cloud to wrap Khasi and Siranto!

'That energy is unbelievable!', Eris cried, 'So much power!'

Samael and Jude watched Siranto and Khasi. Would they come back?
    Samael talked to their ghosts, telling them to enter the energy cloud.
    One minute - a very long minute - of unbelievable power and nerve-tearing tension.

A great challenge for the Master Mages! The power of the energy cloud tugged and brought them at the edge of their powers!
    Jude looked at Samael, Samael at Jude.

Nothing happened!

'We can not control this energy any longer!', Eris shouted, almost at the end of his powers.

Jude was desperate! His idea seemed to collapse like this energy cloud would immediately.
    In this moment of deep hopelessness, he said one last prayer, putting all his love into it.
    Nothing happened.

Samael shook his head ...

'Jude, we have to stop!', Eris cried out.

Tears ran from Jude's eyes. Suddenly a thought crossed his mind! Tears dropped on the Tear of sorrow in his hands.
    At that moment Jude pushed the Tear of sorrow into the energy cloud! Samael's eyes widened in fear - but he couldn't prevent Jude to do, what the parchment told not to do!

A scream was heard and a kind of energy implosion dazzled all around. The mages got down on their knees ... leached out ...
    Someone groaned with pain ...

It was over!

... to be continued ...

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  20. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Hemswal The Descended, you are indeed an evil obsidian. You want Athanil arrested and thrown into prison as a common thief and you , you most evil, dastardly one have pit avatar against avatar. You have turned husband against wife. You had murdered so many hundreds of our loved ones. You have drunk the blood of the innocent and you dare want anyone to believe your vile words prevail in any truth?!!!!

The virtuous and honorable avatars will soon be known by all who are weeping over so much pain and suffering. Until that time we will not sleep. We will not eat. We will search for all of our land depend upon our success.

Boris brought me the Runic book this afternoon that Zaleena had given to him. I am unable to read the information she had given Boris so hopefully as you read it one of you at least will be able quickly understand Zaleena's writing.
    [​IMG]
    Boris is patrolling the shores of our land and Arkah is keeping his watchful eye on Aerie as he suspects that Aerie may be attacked soon.

We know with dread that the most fierce of any battle we have fought in our life time is about to take place quickly.

We are One.
    We wil prevail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.