Hi

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by bakon2, Oct 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bakon2

bakon2 Avatar

Been a backer for quite a while...never really played before today. I want to like this game...picked the multi player option, but no one answers any questions in /z or /l. How active is the game world?

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

The game is actually Active when you get a good guild, most people play in Private or Solo mode, so you never come across them most of the time, but get a decent guild, and you will always have people to talk to, and using the group finder "Alt+F" will get you to join groups that will then possibly get you friends!

3. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Lained likes this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This will change on Thursday.

5. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

@bakon2

Moongate Travelers is always looking for recruits.

Add me in game (Proteus Tempest) and @Obsidian Tempest who is the Governor of our guild town. We usually have members on.

Obsidian Tempest and Kara Brae like this.
  6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Welcome!

We're also going to have a world chat on Thursday, so hang in there.

In the meantime, if I'm online send me any questions you have, I'm always happy to help.

Obsidian Tempest and Jason_M like this.
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Welcome! Also feel free to ask any questions here. We are always happy to help.

Chatele and Obsidian Tempest like this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome @bakon2 to the game. I'm Majoria in game if I can ever help.

Obsidian Tempest likes this.
  9. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Welcome to New Britannia :D

Population depends on where and when you are. I see loads of people online in my timezone (Moscow/Baghdad). Many people may not speak English and might prefer to run away rather than chat.

Another factor is the scene you are visiting. There are many more newer people than older people out and about in Novia, so you will see more people in Resolute, Aerie, and Soltown than you will in Brittany. The veteran players are there, mind, but they're hidden away in cliques or are grinding all of their skills to 190 to capture that essential .02% skill bonus :p:p:p

You don't need them, anyway. Discovery is more enjoyable than Spoilers. For your more technical questions, you're in the right place :cool:

Elwyn likes this.
  10. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Welcome to Novia! Hope you enjoy your stay, if you need help or just want to play together please do not hesitate to add me ingame: Ragnar Shakor, we also love to help new members in the guild.
    If you want you can chat to us on: http://www.orderoftheforestdwellers.org/chat/

11. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

Hi bakon2

welcome to the world of Novia
    if you need help please contact me and I will help you in the game I have created videos that can be found on youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/skeggymedia and I stream on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/skeggy_media and happy adventuring in this World full of Adventure. in the ingame chat box you can send me a friend request by typing /friend skeggy media I accept all friends requests.

12. Grimace2

Grimace2 Avatar

The game world becomes "more active" when you have more friends on your friends list.

Have you joined the Official Discord server? There's a channel for new player questions (seek out a hospitaller for help).

13. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

14. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Welcome @bakon2! Friend me in game and I'll be happy to answer any questions you have.

15. bakon2

bakon2 Avatar

Thanks all. Went ahead and sub'd as well. Appreciate all the welcomes :) Nicest community I have seen in a while!

Chatele, Luca Xante and majoria70 like this.
  16. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

One problem is that the game world is too big for the current player base. Even without people being hidden away in party or private modes (something we shall see with changes in the next release on Thursday), there are too many places for players to go, so there might be nobody else there. Use the keypad zero key to bring up the "Nearby Players" list to see if there is even someone there.

But also they may be too busy with guild chat, or getting something done, to talk to someone they don't know in a town. They may also not speak your language, depending on the (Earth) time of day. Also, I think /z is still not enabled by default.

17. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Glad to have you in the game. Hope you've been having a fun time with it. 8^D

18. Senhar

Senhar Avatar

Is there a way to know how many people play at peak time for the server? Also what is server time?

19. Senhar

Senhar Avatar

Oh also after this update weren't those that had purchased the game supposed to get this Universal Broadcast Orb? I don't have one and I bought the game several years ago and am a backer. I really wish I hadn't, so much frustration with this game. So much nickle and dimming people. Getting sick and tired of it. This game is NOT anything like UO and honestly its false advertising to say it is.

20. Floors

Floors Avatar

You literally don't have to pay for anything at all unless you want to. How's that nickle and diming. Other problems yes. But don't blame Port because you are not the master of your wallet.

Elwyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.