Free 2 play : Oracle concerns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Feeyo, Oct 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's a little more than that as you need some amount of virtue in order to take the test.

2. Floors

Floors Avatar

I find this amusing, because barely anyone plays this game. It's youtube footprint is about as low as you can get, but people are imagining somehow there's a horde of F2P players that are going to be harshing their game buzz. Uh... Okay.

Scanphor, Baratan, Cordelayne and 3 others like this.
  3. Gyzarus

Gyzarus Avatar

Putting it to half price would be ideal to prevent some exploiters, and they and they can pay the balance 50% to get the Episode 2. Simple.

Gaelis and Rada Torment like this.
  4. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

You let the tame creatures on control points upon persistence go for over a month.

Girlsname, Katu and Mac2 like this.
  5. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

I always thought a low price ($10 for example) could sell more than what we had before ($40), and some games don't even need to go for F2P to see that big increase on sales, but well, decision is made and time will speak.

Lynx Fain and Gaelis like this.
  6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Math Time!

I just timed a cycle of logging out one character, logging in a second, taking the Oracle's quiz, stopping the timer as I pulled up the interface to log out again... 1m15s
    Gold is currently selling in the Player Marketplace for $6 per 100,000...
    100,000/500 == 200
    200*1.25 == 250 or 4 hours 10 minutes...

So, if you had 400 characters, and wanted to work for 8 and 1/3rd hours a day 'exploiting' the Oracle, you could make 12 dollars a day... U.S.

7. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

In some countries that would be surviving a living!
    And guess what, the parties that do these things use multiple computers not one.
    Anyhow, I trust Port they have some awesome algorithm there running on their servers to protect against this super duper exploit.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  8. Net

Net Avatar

But if you automated the process it could run 24/7 and make $30 per day, or $10000 per year, which might be worth it to some people. Anyway I am not worried about people making money out of the game I am more worried about impact on the game itself and inflation it could cause if it was massively exploited.

Feeyo likes this.
  9. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

We asked nicely for the devs to weigh in and the head honcho himself did so.

This is intrinsically tied to the foundation of their company's financial survival. Unlesa someome has some kind of inside information, there's no reason to believe contingencies haven't been established.

And we shouldn't hold our breath waiting for the Company to elaborate upon those contingencies, as that might compromise their efficacy.

I guess the reason why I've taken an interest in this topic (aside from the initial concern we all shared about the F2P bots) is enjoying having the devs on the forum.

Vaentorian likes this.
  10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Take a good look at the forum accounts logged in. Especially in the EU evening times (GMT). The accounts online skyrocketed in the last week or so. So at least folks come and take a look at the moment. If we will retain some of them is a different topic of course.

11. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

So...

Change Oracle to give exp instead of gold; once The Avatars have completed the Oracle quest, they then receive both.

?:D

gtesser, Brewton, Dhanas and 2 others like this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The oracle office of gubment subsidies is there to help the poor and homeless (i.e. noobs). :)

Elwyn, Brewton, Net and 1 other person like this.
  13. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I agree that this is a gold farming jackpot. It needs to be addressed.

14. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

What do people mainly use gold for besides selling it for cash? Didn't seem like crafted gear was all that expensive last I logged on.

15. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Don't be so naive, friend. We all know exactly what they do with it.

They send it to me! Be a smart lad and join the roster of the elites. I'm sworn to never RMT and want only to make dreams come true :)

Please send all donations to Jason Moryn.

16. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yes, its the Crackpot Humanoid Rectification Inspection System. or C.H.R.I.S. for short

Elwyn and Feeyo like this.
  17. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

HA! Like corpse explosion (6+ months?)

18. Eric White

Eric White Avatar

How many new trial accounts are created each day on average? If the devs see a spike in new accounts, it does not take a lot for them to track the data (username-password-emailaddress) to see a trend... flag those accounts for a deeper look over 48-72 hours, spot login and IP address trends and then shut the accounts down. AND one could write a script to handle all of this pretty easy too. Like if a new account never logs in for more than 5 minutes a day, on the hour... after creation.

I'm on the side of the fence that says that the devs have this possible issue covered and that "Daily Oracle" farms will never amount to anything.

Elwyn and Jaesun like this.
  19. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

In other words, "we should be so lucky".

20. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

Looks like this has been nailed down pretty hard - I logged on last night for dailies, then logged on this morning as I was out all day but got nothing (the Oracle told me it was too soon, fair enough) - then logged on just now and the character I had tried this morning was again told it was too soon, but the other was able to get both the Oracle test and the 10,000 XP for daily login. So now I know not to push my luck and to give it at least 24 hours!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.