Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

OMG Terrible

Discussion in 'Release 59 Feedback' started by Vladamir Begemot, Oct 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Slowing down signatures of short names to make it so everyone has to deal with the pain of two second signing for buying and selling every time?

Terrible

Sorry @Mac2 and everyone with a short name.

I mean M.... A...... C.....

Really disappointed on this one.

2. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Is this something you're requesting or something that has been implemented?o_O

3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Hmm...my name signing seems the same speed? Shimizu, not too long but still relatively fast at the vendor. I actually just sold stuff to check what you were on about.
    (I'd be lying if I said that part of the reason I didn't namechange off my lengthy surname had nothing to do with the tedious delays at point-of-sale).

4. Dadapawa

Dadapawa Avatar

I usually just close the window even before the animation ends and still get the transaction done... ?

Mishikal likes this.
  5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I think they made it a set length of time instead of signing length based on number of characters.

So if you have a 3 letter name it looks like the person is a first grader trying to remember each letter before struggling to write them.

Mishikal and Jaesun like this.
  7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I'm so used to just hitting the ESC key after buying/trading that I hadn't even noticed. But the advantage to short names doesn't stop there. Just think virtue and running around telling NPCs your name. Major PITA with a long name and/or a name with mixed case, since it's a string exact match comparison. This resulted in both my wife and myself purchasing character renames. The game makes having inventive names too much of a pain.

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Fortunately, they made a change where your name is a clickable keyword (and the only one available) when a NPC asks for your name.

Elwyn and Mishikal like this.
  9. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

yes, but that's not the use case I'm talking about. If you spent your earlier years stealing stuff because you didn't realize it impacted your virtue and it was one of the only ways to get deco way back then, one of the only ways to get your truth virtue back up is to run around talking to NPCs (many who do not ask your name) and telling them what your name is. It took 3 avatars on the account and a few months, to recover the virtue. ;) Too painful with a long name w/ mixed case.

Elwyn, Dhanas and Barugon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.