A game project inside the Game, a global call to all

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wedrax, Oct 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wedrax

wedrax Avatar

In those days i had the luck to come in contact with many people, very nice people and i understood the people who want make sota a better place, the game more fun and support it in any way they can are a lot.
    As all know i always be an egoistic solo player,that always thinked at his own profit and also now the most time i go grind alone like a machine, as many know i am one of the people that trade most and have things listed on tons vendor, i resell and i farm tons of things that will deserve just to become rich, but for what?
    During all that time even when i was Wextel MoonShadow the guildmaster of Lodge of Trader i always thinked just to myself, even when i quitted and left the game.
    Now i am here to ask you all, or ask to all people that think or understood, better before then later, that the game to be better need a strong cooperation with undred people involved to work all together to a game project that will create a continue and i hope automatic interaction inside SOTA. Basically so many have started project at the moment, but each himself for his own garden and not thinked maybe to have minus personal glory but do something of more great for the future and be part of something that will make them immortal in the memories of players. So how do it?
    The base idea is a light role game also focused on action of course inside a system of at least 4 pot or even more if we are going to be a lot.
    1 Pot will be the Capital of that game
    3 Pot will be the 3 mayor allignment in RP, on each of those pot we will have 3 minor capital and then many villages, in those villages will reside tribe, clans, guilds and organization involved.
    The capital will be like a sanctuary inside its wall, like a warded zone, inside the capital we will have events, we will have all the guilds and clans embassy and we will have the rp based on alliances, active guild recruitement and actions behind the shrouds, corruption etc. Outside the capital will be an area where assassins and pk will camp.
    The minor pots and capital based on the allignment will have their own rules and behavior.
    How to rule that? Simply, who want play the game will accept the rule, if a person don't follow the rules we will setup for the game will be banned from the pot system and loose the game.
    Based on time zones around the world we will also have people that can make and bring live game, like giving quests in real time etc. We will use vendor spot in the capital like quest givers by using buyorder and those pots must not be taken as selling spot cause sota is already full of markets; All the commerce inside them will be live, so who will have a shop would have like a job, will need to recruit assistant to keep the shop open etc.
    Pvp will not have loot concerned about ransom, but we will have bones collector that will reward for the win in pvp, so noone will be scared of pvp, even the new players will join just to have fun, and ofc the engage rules must be written too.
    The war inside all that will bring each month a faction or just even a guild cause a guild or group can be at war against all to a victory, who win will have the banner of all the other factions. group and guild to their fortress just to show up their valor to each other and thei group winner heraldry will decorate the capital.
    So inside all that we will have something like Gamemasters role, the gamemasters council will subscribe rule too, and ofc those people like arbiter need to be the most fair will help and make the game work.
    I'm trying just to set it up, so i don't want make so much thorns or wall at that project, cause need to be son, part of all us that can trust the union of people and working together can make the world a better place.

So guys we have the sandbox, let make something great inside it!

2. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

CrandalltheFoole, Jaesun and Dhanas like this.
  3. wedrax

wedrax Avatar

Yes devil i know of khali as i know of the 20 project but if each one do it his own waiting to have more people his own , we will have 10 here, 20 overthere and 5 in other group, so the point now is coordinate all those project, gather all those group and make something that will work for all. About weird feeling you are sensitive:p

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    Sol Stormlin and Dhanas like this.
  4. wedrax

wedrax Avatar

Game project(Not a name for it yet)

Objectives of the project:
    -Make an active help to people who join the game, aiding them with academy and schools;
    -Make a game system that will have people fun and something to do at each hour of the day;
    -Make a game system that can make cohabit hevy role player with people more focused on action.

What is needed:
    -Huge number of people who cooperate in it;
    -4 Pots owner available to make that system exist;
    -A lot of job and effort from all around;

How the pot system will work:

- Each of the pot involved must be out of the market system, cause it must be a project of all people, it don't need to be snared by silly trading competition or traffic wars, basically it will be just focused to play, as redidential and commercial pot i think the world have already what it deserve.
    -On the entrance of each pot, we will have a safe delimited area with an NPC vendor called: "RP PVP Area READ RULES" then we will have books, advise and thing that will explain how interact in that game system and eventually where to find more informations.
    -The capital pot will be organized with an entrance where we will find guards/guards are stewart deputy to maintain order, in RP they will patrol and check the language, the behavior etc. are respectfull of the rules, always as RP they will manage the jail or based on the rules we will make on Short Ban, Long Ban, Permanent Ban each of those action must be followed by a screenshot or capture that will make a proof of what happened. The guards service will be a delicate mature role that will act also on metarp.
    Then we will have the 3 squares, the 3 squares will be divided in Crafter/Trader square(for guilds like BMC or LoT or whatever), art square (for bard guild, writers, poet , actors)and heroes square(pvp and adventuring). Each square will have an embassy of the guild inside the game system on them, the embassy are made to represent a guild, explain guild background, orientation and do an active recruiting, on each square we will also have the dedicated live shops where who want can role a shopper, hire assistan, give people quests or whatever but all live. In all that panorama we can also have caretaker roles etc. all idea and roles that will make it become more immersive are welcome ofc.
    From that point we will have the walk of glory, that walk deserve to spot the guild/faction or group that is dominating the game, this walk of glory will draw to the main square, the main square will be the core of all events, fair and celebrations. On the main square we will have the religions/cult buildings, the archive and registar that keep track of the tales, story, people and guild of whatever happen inside the game system, the guide cove, the guides roles will be to go in new comer areas and help them, eventually lead them to the game system, help who need informations and preside the entrances zone. Always on the main square we will have the 3 academy, tought to help new comer to get experience , raise skills and teach them so we will have: Warrior Academy, Ranger Academy and Magic Academy.
    Dominating all that the palace of the ruler, the palace of the ruler that will deserve at what it is.
    Ouside the capital wall the wild and the PK hideout, a place where the criminals can organize themselves.

A neutral Pot : Lawfull neutral ; Neutral good; Chaotic good (must flag at the entrance)
    A Evil Pot: Lawfull evil ; Neutral evil; Chaotic evil (full pvp)
    A Good Pot: Lawfull good; Neutral Good ; Chaotic good (must flag at the entrance)
    Criminal and PK: Who play that role can be killed on sight

Now inside them we will have an organized system of villages and areas, warded zone or not depending on the allignment , the village and keep system will be used to do the wars and daily interactions and action pvp depending on each area, and ofc also in them the Criminals hideout.

Heavy and Light Role Playing

One of the things that usually make not compatible rp and pvppers is the forced role the each other bring to other person game, but if we organize well, we will have inside the capital an heavy role playing based more on speach and roled action, we will have meta gaming that help new players inside determinates area etc.
    On the other hand we will have people that are scared on role playing due to obstacle of language or just cause they like more the action , so those people can be like a barbarian tribe where just 1 or 2 member are able to interact and speach and all the other will interact with action emote and the limit they have in the language, in the while they can see noone will eat them if they do something wrong in a RP.

PVP and loot system inside those pot system will be no ransom, that mean, when u kill u loot, but you give back ransom and keep just the remains.
    Now with the remains who does pvp can go to a bounty master if there was a warrant for someone etc.

EFFORT and Schedule

As u can understand keep all that alive and make all that need a huge number of person and organizations, but don't think is like a virtual job, basically is not needed a full time attendance, but be available when u say u can be available and so organize with other people from different time zone to get Always a full working service.

What people can be; Based on their allignment a character can be part of a faction- Member of a guild-Part of a family or a clan-Have a job inside the system.

So for instance: Wedrax Wrathwall of the "factionname Neutral faction" member of "Nameofguild" associated to "Clan or family " and assistant of the blacksmith of "nameofthetown"

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    Dhanas and Sol Stormlin like this.
  5. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

Have you thought of submitting this to the developers? I think they would be very interested in all of your ideas! :)

wedrax likes this.
  6. wedrax

wedrax Avatar

An idea about project background and purpose contestualized to the game…

The capital city has born and rise to find the right way and solution to help avatar to go back to their universe and help avatar survive and learn how to live in that new world called novia.
    The 3 factions has raised for different purposes and cause each one choosed different path and solution.
    The good think the only way to go back home is safe and protect the virtues and novia, so they totally go and follow the oracle way. (maybe that faction could be called Defenders of Virtues)
    The neutral think this is a good occasion to be free, to be what they want and maybe don't care so much or at all, but profit that come from to be involved is so much intersting to be just avoided other of them don't have took a position about the solution and take all in a pragmatic way.(maybe that faction could be called Free people)
    The evil are corrupted by the obsidian, some think the obsidian power draw them back home, other think the total destruction of the oracle is the way and the problem are the virtues. (Obsidians Corrupted)
    Then we have criminals and PK that work just to a sabotage and wont go back to the earth, so they act to destroy just all and have and do what they want.
    All those people joined the game and the capital to have their personal profit, to have more aid, draw more people to join their faction, for spy what is being discovered or to keep an eye and sabotage something.

Service guilds

The purpose of service guilds is to make easier and more complete the game experience, are people who use their time and effort to make the fun. (the names i'm using are just as instance, and i'm just putting down ideas hoping someone will join in)
    Guide of Novia (welcome people in starting zone by be in them, patrol the entrance of cities make the information ccenter)
    Keeper of knowledge (archiever, registar, write players guide, make list of usefull link)
    Help and Mentoring players to skill up easier etc. till level 80, explain how the skills work.
    Accademy of Warriors
    Accademy of Magic
    Accademy of Rangers
    Guards (moderator and arbiter of the project, keep all checked, patrol territories etc.)
    Council of Destiny (Are the gamemasters of that rp, the gamemakers, they suggest and think to role and adventure for other or they approve ideas and project that come from other players, they should keep the game on the trail)
    Order of Science and Engine (are the builders, the organizer of events, their focus is to make arena or battleground, find and project solutions to pratical problem)
    Governor(are the ruler of the game, they must speak in the name of the project, keep all the engines coordinated and all on the trail, a lot of honor a lot to do)
    Order of Magistracy (inside them we will have who write the rule, judges, lawyer and executioners of the capital)
    Order of caretaker (alchemist, surgeon inside the capital)
    Order of masonry (crafters with live shop inside the capital)
    Order of vestal (take care of cult, organize cerimony like wedding etc.)
    Order of Art (Bards, poet, writer, painters, dancer, actor and all kind of known art organize event etc.)
    Order of Tavernekeeper (keep inn and taverns, cooking food , give drink etc. and manage the daily life at the tavern)
    Order of circus (organize events and fair, they are a mix up of fun, jesters, beggar etc.)

as i said are just the ideas that come up in my mind but all people who want or like join in are welcome…

PVP and war
    How to make that system work automatically; A gamemaster and that case a Warmaster will set on sale an item on each guild fortress, village or faction castle; This item listed by the warmaster will be in a room/area locked by a door; When the guild start a war or is on-game that door must be unlocked and when an opponent buy the item from the vendor the war mode that can be capture the flag, search and destroy... depend about what planned, the item bought will mean the fortress, the guild or the faction has lost the battle.

If needed that can be 2 items on sale, 1 called Start battle in the starting area of the attackers, the time when they buy that item will determinate the start, then based on the Agreement made the battle will elapse in 30min 1h etc. That mean the second item or target must be bought before the time elapse.

Human remains counter, setted at the Warmaster House in the capital city will be a chest renamed with each guild name, each guild will deposit in their own chest human remains and the body parts of the enemy killed . More bodies parts they recover/collect and tunr in more points they have.

Point made in warmode + point of bodies parts will setup a classific that classific will determinate the winners.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    Dhanas likes this.
  7. wedrax

wedrax Avatar

I seen not so much people are joining the idea, so i share the mechanic of the system in case someone want make it and use it. If you have question or trouble on about using the warsystem feel free to ask more clue and i will try to solve any issue. Hoping to see it realized in game by someone i give you the ball:)

[​IMG]

Dhanas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.