Remove global chat and logos from chatlogs please

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Helvig Ingvildsdottir, Oct 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

I must admit, I was one of those that did not want global chat in the first place. And that hasn't put the chat orb in her inventory. But, no matter what you think about seeing global chat in game or not, it is making the chatlogs hard to read and nearly useless.

As a roleplayer, I often go back to my chatlogs, for example to turn them into a RP story or to re-read a certain hint or riddle I got. That is getting so much harder now with a chatlog full of messages from people that I do not know and that do not interest me. Half an hour of meaningful RP may have a good 50 totally irrelevant global messages in between that I now have to manually filter out.

Please consider leaving global chat and logon/logoff messages out of the chatlogs.

Note: This is not to discuss the usefulness of a global chat. This is not about the in game chat window. This is about the text files that are stored in the ChatLogs subfolder of your SotA folder.

2. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

A good suggestion. Alternatively I have a second tab on my chat box that does not have global enabled so I flick between the two depending on circumstances. Would a second tab have a different log ?

3. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

No. There is only one log. And it contains everything. No matter what you have on any of the tabs you are using. The tabs are just filters.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  4. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Rats ! :(

5. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Disabling a specific chat should also disable logging of the chat to a logfile. Not sure if it is the case, but it should.

Sorthious likes this.
  6. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

It does not. As I said, I do not even have the global chat orb in my backpack. It is still in my rewards window. But my chatlog contains global chat.

The tabs in the chat window in game are only filters. The chatlog contains the whole data.

7. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I like options. So, rather than stop logging of something for everyone, I would rather have the tools to give more control.

I'd like to see an option to additional log a chat tab to another file. e.g. level the current log alone and add a option on the tab to log the texted in that tab to new file named for the tab.

8. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

2 options really, either
    1. port recodes it to split seperate logs into seperate files
    2. code something yourself, or get someone you know to code it to filter out all the junk you dont want to produce your Rp chatlog.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.