Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Trippy texture flicker

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by that_shawn_guy, Oct 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

And here's the weekend, and OS X users can't play. Can we ever get Port to do releases with time to fix cackups before leaving us hanging?

Balrod and Graemalkyn like this.
  2. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

You can use the workaround in the launcher use argument: -force-glcore
    So that you can atleast play until there is a fix.

3. Graemalkyn

Graemalkyn Avatar

Just throwing my hat in as another Mac user that is looking forward to seeing this fixed. Thanks! =)

4. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

With the small problem that it doesn't actually work. Loads me into a POT scene where all the user housing, including mine is invisible. Only thing visible is a random assortment of deco items, many floating in mid-air. (Interestingly, two of the visible items are the red stall awnings that did NOT get the flicker problem as described above.)

I will repeat, it would sure be nice if Port would schedule releases so they had adequate time to clean up messes before going out of the office for the weekend. It's a particular PITA for OS X users, since the platform is obviously less tested and Unity seems to make releases with bugs on the platform. But it's not the first time that a stinker of a bug was left standing that could have been cleaned up if releases were on, say, Tuesday - just look back in the feedback / bug reports of broken combat mods, etc. @DarkStarr ?

5. Balrod

Balrod Avatar

+1

Even with the -force-glcore, I can't see buildings or the dock structure in a POT. Only a handful of items show. This is just happening on this release for me.

As for caves, you can't see the structure of tunnel walls, so I can't tell where Im going.

Game is unplayable at the moment...

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  6. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Build 855 includes a graphics change for Mac platform. Please give it a try and post with what you find.

Gia2, Feeyo, Jaesun and 1 other person like this.
  7. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

flicker is gone for me with 855.

Thanks for the weekend work!!

8. Baene Thorrstad

Baene Thorrstad Avatar

Issue is resolved for me as well with 855! Awesome work guys

9. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

Yay! No more headache inducing flicker. TY for working the weekend on this, and hoping TPTB can rationalize the release schedule so this kind of fiasco is less likely.

10. Balrod

Balrod Avatar

The Oct 28 fix worked for me perfectly until one of these latest patches. Now I don't have flickering but certain textures do go transparent. Using the old fix of "-force-glcore" completely wipes out walls and structures in the game. Just walking into the docks of Central Brittany tests all structures and shows me that some issues are back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.