Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

NPC's and Oracle seem to frequnely randomly ignore kewords

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Waldo Ptolomy, Oct 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

This problem has been around several releases, but I was remiss about reporting it. I have seen this on multiple NPC's and Oracles. Often when I click on a keyword it is ignored and I have to click multiple times to get the person or oracle to respond. It generally seems to be random but for instance the Oracle in Mendolarium often ignores the keyword up to 4 or five times when being tested for the daily bonus. Also I often have to select goodbye multiple times till the oracle responds and closes the dialog box. This is an annoyment to me but to new players they may figure the game is broken and quit playing this needs to be addressed for the new player experience. I am surprised the developers have not seen this to put it on the list to correct.

This has happened with multiple of my characters, for many releases. It is pretty common so it should be reproducible. If you need more info, a video or debug report feel free to ask.

Regards
    Waldo Ptolomy

2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

on the oracle it's a timing issue, maybe because it needs to download some of your (virtue) stats, this can take up to 5 secs for me, so
    - oracle start convo
    - test
    wait 5 secs to answer yes or no
    wait 5 secs to say bye

Jaesun and bdonham like this.
  3. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

I will wait longer to respond, I seem to quickly hit the buttons to get the response. I did hit the resp0nse and wait for a bit but it did ignore the response.

Regards
    Waldo Ptolomy

4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@bdonham We've had other reports like this now and again, and very often it's because you're getting a reward for the first time in a session. We're trying to solve this issue, but for now there is a bit of a delay when you get a reward (gold, treasure, or quest item) for the first time in a session. This includes rewards from conversations. For example, some players go to the Oracle and do her daily test at the start of every day and have noted the delay, but when those same players go kill and loot at least one enemy before taking the daily test, the lag when getting the daily reward doesn't happen.

5. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

Thanks, it is just a slight annoying to me and I can get through it. I was just concerned about the effect on new players encountering the game. I am glad you are looking into it.

Regards
    Waldo Ptolomy

6. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Yeah, we're still looking into it. Our programmers have a task to try to shorten that "first reward of the day" delay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.