Please Open A 24 Hour NPC-Mart!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Ookla, Oct 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ookla

Ookla Avatar

I know you (the Dev's) are trying to make the game realistic & all but alot of us play during the night time, our night time & that seems to be when most of the (in-game) nights fall also (yes i know each earth hour is equal to one New Britannia day). Anyhow, its a pain in the ass to go do something else while Martin the Merchant (arent they all named Martin, lolz) gets his 40 winks that im sure he desperately needs...I mean please its a, sometimes, huge inconvenience for us. I mean theres alot of other stuff that you guys added or have in-game thats not realistic, like the "only-pull-out-what-you-put-in-here" banks, the "get-near-anything-and-slowdown" thing & you fixed those, oh & the ever annoying "Growler Guards" that follow you everywhere then stand behind you & growl in your ears (not fixed but for gods sake please do fix them, literally & figuratively xD)...my god if anything will drive me away from this game it'll be them...Anyhow, just a request from a player, who hears complaints about those 2 things most over all. An to be fair, THANK YOU for making a beautiful & wonderful game that is so much fun to play & learn about. Its in-depth & amusing, while being difficult (not to much though ;)) and totally unpredictable & the best part is its pretty much FREE...Yay!

[​IMG] ...

Aeryk likes this.
  2. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

since they've already removed or changed many of the original features... why not go all out and remove NPC schedules... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

High Baron O`Sullivan likes this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This is just too obvious....

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  4. Black FjP

Black FjP Avatar

I have never seen the good merchant in owls head not be at his counter

5. Purie

Purie Avatar

Make this WoW 2.0 and everything casual friendly!

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Maybe they can have NPC vendors give you 1000 gold and a Blue Supply Bundle for the horrible inconvenience of not selling to them 24 hours a day.....

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  7. Grimace2

Grimace2 Avatar

Player owned vendors work hard to keep their items for sale 24 hours a day.

8. Eric White

Eric White Avatar

I'm okay with NPC vendors not around at night. Just wait 20 or 25 minutes at most (IRL) and the vendor SHOULD be back, right?

I'm saying this as a casual player myself.

9. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Welcome to Sota, however...

I'm sorry, but no. Unless you game less than an hour a day, this shouldn't be a problem.

Simon LeBon and Gaelis like this.
  10. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yesterday in Jaaniford, middle of the day, the Innkeeper (that buys/sells, not her sister outside) is sleeping. Grrrrrr. Get your lazy butt up it's the middle of the day!

Chatele likes this.
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Go to a Player Owned Town that has an Armor Merchant, and sell him your stuff 24 hours a day.

There you go! Have fun.

12. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Hey folks are allowed to nap!! Napping is God's Gift!!

Gaelis and Grimace2 like this.
  13. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I agree, if only her sister would cover the front desk for a few minutes!

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  14. Aeryk

Aeryk Avatar

@Ookla In case you missed the post that helps explain this, the day/night cycle is very quick, with day being longer than night. I believe the cycle is one hour long. Someone please correct me if that is wrong/has changed. Also, from what i've observed, some merchants are on different schedules, with some that stay longer than others. I usually have so much to do that if the merchant i'm looking for is sleeping i do go something else that only requires a few minutes to complete.

Ah! And you might try waking them up too. That often works. ^_^

Jaesun likes this.
  15. Ookla

Ookla Avatar

Must be an insomniac or a crackhead xD

16. Ookla

Ookla Avatar

Heeeeey...i think your onto something...

17. Ookla

Ookla Avatar

Player owned yes! Screw the unions, hire all Player Vendors to replace the NPC shop owners! Power To The People!..."Salaam-Alaikum" (Peace Be Unto You)

Grimace2 likes this.
  18. Ookla

Ookla Avatar

True but to the regulars, 20-25 minutes is alot of time to wait for a fake person to finish his fake sleep & fake waking up then come & open his fake shop to do ficticious buisness...(bet you thought i was gonna say fake huh? :p)

19. Ookla

Ookla Avatar

I did see it & its a video game, they shouldnt be away from their shop for even a minute. They are only in the game for one reason & thats to serve us, if they cant do that then change it. "In My Opinion" The day/night cycle is ridiculous, this is one of only a very, very few games that tries to inject that type of realism. An i probably wouldnt mind it if they were consistient throughout the whole game with this fake realism. But that would mean getting rid of the growling guards (please make them go away game gods), stopping the slow effect when you get near someone (even cats & chickens), horns on Viking helmets & all the other "not-so-real game things...oh wait, they did get rid of the slowing effect &...well other things of that like. It just seems that most of their "realism" ends up inconveniencing us in one way or the other. To be honest this game is great & w/all its problems i like it & plan to continue playing it, alot of the reason is this right here. The game community. But...they need to get more players, keep the ones they have & get better reviews in/on gaming sites & magazines. An the easiest way to do that without compromising their core beliefs & game ideals is to get rid of the player inconveniencing things...ergo the NPC day/night cycle. Im not just complaining to hear myself complain, im doing it (believe it or not) for the betterment of the game because i wanna see it succeed & i wanna be playing it for years to come like i have my other favs.
    In the last 13 years ive only basically had 2 main games ive played, yes ive tried others & dabbled in some but i always came back to those 2 & they are DDO (Dungeons & Dragons Online) one of the longest running RPGMMO's in gaming history, released in 2006, next to WoW which was released in 2004 & Vindictus a Nexon product. The reason i played them so long, besides other reasons is, they listened to the players 7 what they said & what they wanted, like this game is learning to do. An as some of you are thinking, "Well a little inconvenience is good for you" or "A little inconvenience isnt bad" in life your right it is good for us & it isnt that bad. But this isnt life...its a video game & with society today being driven by NOW technology, that gives everyone what they want NOW...a little inconvenience...is a bad thing & can kill a buisness let alone a game...

P.S. Yah, lmao ive tried waking them, its fun :p The trainers are ok w/it but the shop owners act like its ok but when i try to click the Buy/Sell at top of the chat, the whole NPC chat box drops & slips into oblivion, time after time after time...

Aeryk likes this.
  20. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I disagree.

Elwyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.