Welcome New Players!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Berek, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Welcome Decarpo!

Good strategy. There is a ton to do, no need to burn yourself out on one thing. It took me a year and eight months to do my main questline. Of course, I recommend you do it faster than that because of the reward at the end that wasn't there when I did it.

But however long it takes, enjoy it!

Decarpo likes this.
  2. BoldEagle

BoldEagle Avatar

Hi - I have just joined the game and it is what I have been looking, something I can really sink my teeth into.

I would like a place to live for my t00n if possible?

Elwyn likes this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi BoldEagle. I will be happy to give you a room in my Inn. I am Majoria in the game. I never charge rent and I offer use of a commission free Vendor also to all town residents. Welcome to the game.

BoldEagle and Jaesun like this.
  4. BoldEagle

BoldEagle Avatar

Thank you very much for the kind offer - it turns out I have at least 3 other online friends that are playing this game - one does daily for at least the last 6 months and he has given me room (and a ridiculous amount of mats, gear, etc) in his crafting basement.

5. Messor1985

Messor1985 Avatar

Hi everyone! I am living in Ukraine, and I am curious can I play at European server, or just at Russian? Trying to enter the European official game website my browser automatically redirect me to Russian websites. I have some experience in another MMORPG games where Russian\Ukrainian players are not wellcome to foreign servers. Is it the same here? Right now I am here just because of using VPN at Opera browser. If I will buy the game, can I play at European server?

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there is only one server, world-wide. there's a seperate set of forums that you're being redirected to, but once you're actually in game you're with everyone else.

Simon LeBon likes this.
  7. Mingo Ebonmark

Mingo Ebonmark Avatar

There is only 1 server for the entire planet Earth, there will never be a server merge! Hip hip hurray.

Simon LeBon likes this.
  8. shadtek

shadtek Avatar

This is the only part of the game that you will feel welcome as a new player.
    Everyone has their clicks and you are not invited.
    I thought I would LOVE this game, but playing solo 100% of the time is boring and I am about to quit in favor of something with more community.
    Every day, I can see up to 30 people on my friends list are at Upper Tears, and not a single LFG, and the ones you do see demand level 100+ !!!

HOW IS THIS NEW PLAYER FRIENDLY????

It does not matter what the developers planned when the people themselves are unfriendly.

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Perhaps join a Guild?

10. shadtek

shadtek Avatar

I was in a Guild, a large guild with several founders.
    It was the same. It is like the people who Beta tested this game do not want to associate with anyone who didn't.
    And as far as new players that did not beta test, well, I have not seen very many. All I see is EMPTY TOWNS EVERYWHERE.

I predict it will more or less stay that way because there is no hook to bring new players and there is no community to get them to stay.
    That is part of what made UO what it was, the community. This game has lost that or abandoned it, or whatever. All I know is I logged in today, and almost immediately logged back out because there is nothing to do, no groups to join, and I already have my shroud. So I can wait for however long it takes to play chapter 2, or I can find a better game. and yes, there are better games out there because the community makes the game, not the game itself.

11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Oh ok.

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

No reason to play alone. Try another guild. OOC is very active and so is EVL. Let me @Luca Xante for you. I am Majoria in game when you see me in game shout out. And more people need to remember to start LFG and if a upper tears group on looking for group is too too restrictive start your own. It is alt f as you probably know and that is one way you start to know players. I understand frustrations and it takes time to find your way sometimes. We've all been New to a game before.

oops edited I meant to say upper tears not upper years, hmmm Majoria whats up;)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Luca Xante likes this.
  13. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Might try @Mingo Ebonmark 's guild, his is new and full of new players.

Mingo Ebonmark likes this.
  14. Mingo Ebonmark

Mingo Ebonmark Avatar

@Vladamir Begemot Thanks for the recommendation! YES! Come to Meridian Prime - Check out what we do: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/adventures-of-meridian-prime.143640/

15. Moistcakeyy

Moistcakeyy Avatar

16. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

17. Floors

Floors Avatar

LFG was full of groups yesterday. And the new universal chat was also active.

Simon LeBon likes this.
  18. Valiannt

Valiannt Avatar

Hi to everybody, my name in game is Valiant. And like a very good noob, I am totally lost XD, but hope find more noobs like me and begin adventures in this world.

19. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Welcome! Always feel free to ask any questions here!

We are always happy to help.

Valiannt likes this.
  20. 1stPlayerTokens

1stPlayerTokens Avatar

hello everyone! my name is nick and i am downloading the game as we speak! i have heard so much about this game and am glad i get to see it go free to play. i've played a bunch of MMOs over the years, and am excited for this one!