Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Graph Gem Mines: My Report

Discussion in 'Release 59 Feedback' started by amarious, Oct 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amarious

amarious Avatar

My Report
    Cleared the room in 4 minutes 7 seconds.

The time it took for room to respawn: 12 minutes 21 seconds.

Respawned all at once, not one there, or one here. The whole room all at once.

Ore averaged: A tiny bit over 1 ore per minute, resulting in about 70-80 an hour.

Old ore average: About 120-150 ore an hour.

My thoughts to solve my problem
    So obviously by the time it takes for the room to respawn, I can make this more interesting by going to the upper level and mining copper. Buuuuuut...I don't want to mine copper. I don't want to run through those tunnels, shock monkeys stun me, archers slow me down, it's a giant pain.

My Conclusion
    I just won't be coming back to Graph Gem mines. This mine isn't for me any longer. The time it takes for the ore to respawn is unfathomable. I have other optimal uses of my time.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  2. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I've had similar (though somewhat different) experiences in Graffs. It's not a whole mine Pop! for me but sectional. O there's a long delay after I clear the mine and then about half the mine will pop. After I clear that there's another long delay until some of the other nodes pop.

I respect the audacity of your oath and I don't doubt that you have better things to do with your time, but I wonder if you have a better way to mine gold.

Gold is very important to our economy and, if less is mined without a reduction in demand, prices for all enchanted equipment will inflate.

I also mine a lot of copper and don't mind smashing some uglies, so the experience at Graffs is fine for me, but I'm not getting enough gold in an evening's mining to last me the week. Being the most expensive ore even before the adjustment, I can't afford to buy it, either, so I've largely withdrawn from crafting (as an enchanter).

I'm not anti-adjustment of resource mechanics, of course (I support it!), but I think nearly every miner around would agree that Graffs needs a bit more fine tuning. o_O

Hermetic and amarious like this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Um, tin is WAY more expensive than gold or silver.

Nog, amarious and Elwyn like this.
  4. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

I concur that the Graff Gem Mines respawn is in the crapper. 76 gold ore per hour, which is very low compared to the old yield. I did clear copper ore at the level above, otherwise the gold wouldn’t respawn at all.

Oh, and I’ve leveled my meticulous from 86 to 100, mining from 100 to 110. Changes like this make crafting even more brutal, since all mines are affected by the lack of respawn, not just this one.

Mishikal and amarious like this.
  5. amarious

amarious Avatar

Ack, so that means Elysium too then. I've only been to Spectral Mines and most recently Graph Gem Mines this release. That's troublesome to hear.

6. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Respawn everywhere is down the crapper since about 3 days ago.

7. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

Spectral seems to be rolling ok.

However, along these lines, I have noticed that Overland Encounter spawn rates seem to be WAAAY down compared to pre-59. Example... Grunvald Desert... used to see at least 3 encounters wandering around at a time, now it's only one, MAYBE two if I'm lucky. It does not seem to be due to other players either as I have not seen a large amount of traffic in the area.

Elwyn and amarious like this.
  8. amarious

amarious Avatar

Just tried out Elysium. It feels about the same as Spectral Mines, a slow steady respawn of nodes and not a 12-minute wait for a full respawn.

Edit: I take that back, it's slower than Spectral Mines. The copper seems to respawn faster than silver. All the mines are teh sux. I give up. lol...

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    Mishikal likes this.
  9. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Last night, I did four back-to-back encounters without taking a step, all of which were non-combat :D

An extreme instance of RNG to be sure, but perhaps you've just been unlucky.

10. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

As someone who spent the majority of their gameplay mining and crafting, I have a hard time finding enjoyment in logging in after these unnecessary nerfs.

Black Tortoise and Mishikal like this.
  11. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yeah, I just log in these days for my free 10k XP and the oracle, in case I ever play again.

12. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

I used to be able to pull at least 250 iron ore per hour in Spectral and now I am down to under 170 and I have had to run around the main level there a couple of times before ore respawns. Prior to R58/59 I NEVER had this issue... It was brought to Bzus attention who then said to contact him to explain the issue. I sent a message to him and have never heard back from him... EARTH TO BZUS!

Mishikal likes this.
  13. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

AFAIK all the changes to the mines to severely nerf the amount of ore harvested are quite deliberate.

14. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

Big question is WHY?? This was my main source for experience and I have spent 6+ months in the mine getting ore so I could raise all the producer skills to GM. Now they have nerfed this??? WHY?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.