Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Sieges and encounters forced Muliplayer??

Discussion in 'Release 59 Feedback' started by Mishikal, Oct 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I am very curious why this was done. First we were told that SPO had to die to make the world more "populated" for people. Now adventuring scenes that were very useful to run SPO are now being moved to multiplayer only, without the excuse of making the world "more populated". Or is this just fallout from the serious mistake of destroying SPO?

* Siege and encounter scenes are now always open-multiplayer.

margaritte, amarious and Cordelayne like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I no longer like this forced open multiplayer change and I think it should go back to the way it was. NO ADVENTURE SCENES SHOULD BE FORCED MULTIPLAYER! Even the PvP scenes were taking it too far in the past.

3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Agree - NO adventure scene should be forced multiplayer. I understand the rationale for towns and even overworld but where does this stop?

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I was going to buy buttload of COTOs this weekend but now I think that I'll table that idea.

Tamsen and Mishikal like this.
  5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

It's clearly a result of forced multiplayer on the world map. Since the only way you can get into a random encounter or a siege is from the world map, and the world map is forced multiplayer, it makes no sense for them to suddenly be SPO or Party only when you enter them. Which goes back to why making forced multiplayer on the world map was a terrible idea to begin with.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

When you enter an encounter, it is removed from the world map, so this argument makes no sense.

Elwyn likes this.
  7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Sieges certainly aren't removed from the world map when you enter them, so the argument makes perfect sense in that case. For Random Encounters, little about them has ever made sense. But perhaps they've also been changed so they don't disappear, or people can enter the same RE from different spawn points (that'd be my guess).

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So what makes them different than any other adventure scene?

9. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Nothing, which is why they should honor SPO settings. But it looks like the trend is to continue to remove the uniqueness of SOTA that made it great so it can be just yet another MMO.

Barugon likes this.
  10. smack

smack Avatar

SPO and FPO are dead. Change and adapt, otherwise there is no game in a few months. Let's just hope they rebalance the resource spawns, drops, etc, given this change.

Numa, The Hendoman and Rada Torment like this.
  11. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Certainly alienating large portions of the established PAYING player base to lure in new people who aren't actually spending money on the game since they no longer have to purchase it seems like a good way to end up with no game in a few months.

Interestingly, Bethesda's betting on SPO/FPO:

"Developers have realized when you give people freedom in games, they find unique ways to play. In Fallout 76, players can hop in solo or with a small group of friends and decide if they’re looking for something casual, challenging, or somewhere in between. In our preview, we found that even though co-op is encouraged, you’re never forced to interact with other players, so individuals looking for a classic Bethesda single-player experience have something to gain from Fallout 76, too."

From https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/fallout-76-not-an-mmo/

Hermetic, Elwyn and Alley Oop like this.
  12. Sway

Sway Avatar

I really don't mind. only thing is it's sometimes confusing as to what mode your in.

13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's not necessary to make ANY adventure scenes forced multiplayer. I'll adapt by moving on and playing other games.

Lazlo and Mishikal like this.
  14. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I’m not taking a pro or anti stance on the topic. However, the comment is a non-starter. SPO or party mode are available from he world map. Because the world map is multi has no correlation or causality as to what type of scene you can enter from the world map. You can enter adventure scene in party (private) mode from the world map. The flag on the scene determines the mode you are placed in when you ente the scene. So saying that sieges had to be changed because the world is multi isn’t the case. They were done that way for other reasons by Port but not for the reason stated. But you took great pains to make sure it sounded like a valid reason for the changes.

15. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Then provide a reason all knowing one.

16. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

This is stupid. People entering a siege will never know what state it is in. There is going to be some heavy duty abuse in the very near future.

Mishikal likes this.
  17. Chemical

Chemical Avatar

I like this change keep up the good work Port.

Spinok, Dhanas and Micmatty like this.
  18. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

I can see what port is trying to do here with this change.

sieges were never intended to be solo farming scenes but group activities.

they are hoping that having them be forced multi will lead to more people join ad hoc groups to end the siege and kill the cabalist.

with encounters I think it is more of the same with the barbs stags and unicorns.

if it will work I don't know. will have to wait a few weeks and see how it plays out.

Elwyn and Gorthyn like this.
  19. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

How does that work, given that only a single player (or players already in parties) can join an encounter? Unless they made changes to encounters that haven't been documented.

Elwyn and margaritte like this.
  20. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

patch notes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.