Will PRTs survive much longer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Oct 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smack

smack Avatar

Based on my last land rush update in R55, only 7% of property lots in all 45 PRTs have been claimed, or 317 total property lots claimed. 33 of those PRTs have less than 10 residents.

Is it time to aggressively collapse more PRTs and ask players to move to a more populated PRT?

Alternately, just get rid of all PRTs for the time being and ask players to move to an NPC town. There are still 1,503 property lots available in NPC towns. POTs could also be another option to settle in.

2. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Long long ago the devs talked about a game mechanic for towns that would allow the town to grow when it got full.

Could the same mechanic also shrink towns as the become less populated?

@DarkStarr

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

neufeld disappeared this release too

4. Nick

Nick Avatar

Making POT deeds usable in PRTs will help. :D

I feel that they need to make the PRT smaller, and with the town centre nearer to the entrance. But that's just my opinion.

5. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

They will always have to account for the number of Founder or place anywhere deeds that are in the system and have space available for them, PRT towns were part of that equation.

Net, Whitestag and Rufus D`Asperdi like this.
  6. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I think Shady Copse was removed this release also.

They all have sign posts now, so they are actually really convenient. I think they're pretty decent places to live if you don't care about vendor traffic or oracle.

Alley Oop likes this.
  7. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

the answer is for the devs to come up with away for players to actually run the town and change to lay out of them to make them more player friendly to the bland emptiness they are.

give a way for players to place the lot markers and more will be interested in moving in imo.

hegpetz, Net and twofoldsilence like this.
  8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that was in 58

9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I have a feeling the reason more haven't disappeared is someone with a really long lease claimed a single spot in it, and so the devs are just waiting for it to expire.

10. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Surely that would only be sensible if there's some overhead or negative impact of having some low player population PRTs? As already mentioned in passing, people know by choosing an out of the way or low residence level PRT, they have chosen a 'quieter' location, and accepted they will miss out on things like more player vendors or more 'through traffic', and anyone who has placed a home in a PRT by default has a lot deed type that means they can fairly simply move to many places where there is a bigger player population if they find that's what they would prefer.

I'm not sure what 'ongoing cost' there is to Portalarium (assuming they have stopped 'updating' PRTs to individualise them) by keeping what we already have. There's the vague chance that seeing some pretty empty towns might discourage some people from playing, but I find that a pretty bizarre idea, when there are so many much more active places they can go to just as easily if they want to play the game with more interaction with other players. They let the devs experiment with layout changes and designs that can't be so easily done to POTs or major towns, should they want to test some new ideas out, so unless there is some sort of 'cost' to keeping them in the game I don't see why disturbing the people who have chosen to live in them is a good idea.

11. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Never did feel that there was a "popularity of living in POT". More a kind of "pushing the Gamers" into the direction.

I mean it is pretty simple : What costs less money to get is also going to indicate that player "may" like it more . Even so the POT Onwer paid alot. But the normal Gamer who looks for housing , not understanding at the beginning at all the meaning of POT Housing Deed vs. all usable deed. ( cant find the word. lol) - will end up purchasing a POT Lot.

I actually think the opposite would get more players to get a home. A nice place that is Server Controlled i can claim my house in a NPC Town or a PRT.
    Living in the NPC Town like Owls Head or Britannia are the most desirable and most fun places to be living in. That was it for me to be honest.
    And sorry to say and hurt feelings - but i did run and still look at Player Run Towns.

And no - not at all as cool as the moments i had living in a NPC Town.

And the PRT had been wonderful "full" before you implemented the POT Towns.
    Did not feel back then that anyone did complain about them.

Back then i did hope for a System providing all players equaliy to improve a PRT Town without having one Player or Owner the mastercontrol over it.
    Yes- SWG i am thinking off. Was a great system - accessable for all without a "invest in a POT" a "amound that feels crazy"

And PRT are not liked by POT Owners of course for obvious reasons. I mean not meaning it evil. But every extra Lot in the Game makes it harder to get POT populated.
    But i presume not all POT owners purchased back then them with a hope for one day Renting them with real money per month.

So my honest feedback.

I think POT are not more popular - but the Game System pushes.

And if you now go Free to Play - be fast and make them all the "Same Price" and let new players at start at least experience for "free" at least for a month or so your Housing System.

I would let them start in a "instanced PRT" - the only one that you will make for starters - and you have housing for 1 month as a new player to test around.

And again - POT are not more popular - they are more advertised, they are more a focus in this forum here - because POT owners are pushing for the own interest.

Do not forget that huge amount of other Games are coming out who are providing the optin to experience Housing in a competive pricing range against Shroud of the Avatar.

Soon to be released ones coming.

P.S: and find a way to simplify Lot Deeds and Housing and get it to be "one purchase and "one Price".

And last but not least - even so it hurts - i do watch Videos of Streamers , i do read "outside of this forum and outside of Raw" feedback .

Your POT Towns do not "Shine". They are criticised as "Ghost Towns" all spread over the Map.

That is my opinion.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  12. Nick

Nick Avatar

Perhaps port can attempt an experimental PRT town, say in drachvald.

There's a difficult quests to be solved, one that a casual player is able to solo. on completing the quest, the player is given a single non transferable lot marker (row perhaps?) where he can place and then claim a lot using a POT deed.

The marker will have a timer, it disappears if its not used. And if the player is inactive and fail to pay taxes, the deed goes back to his inventory, and the marker disappears. Players will have to re-do the quest to get another marker.

Just an idea.

13. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

This.

Whitestag and Jason_M like this.
  14. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Game is now Free to Play.

Next Gamers will check who play it free to play how the Shop Pricing is.

If the Range is considered understandable then you might get higher amount of players. I mean Understandable would be for me - Lot Deeds starting from 10 Euro to max 50 Euro for the largest Lot Deeds and a House Lot should be max around the same.

So to purchase the most awesome and greated housing experience - max 100 Euro.
    And basic entrance is 20 euro for a Row Lot deed including a Row House.

And then you have all your decoration to make more money.

But the entrance to people getting to spend money on decoration and all that shiny stuff is far to high in cost - your lot deeds and housing prices.

So PRT could be used alot - if the price entrance would be low enough .

The thinking of a Gamer coming in "free to play would be" - ok. i like this Game. And if i go for Housing i end up in a normal price range as a "Full Game Purchase".
    So he will compare and say- ok - i got myself a house and a deed for lets say max 30 Euro.

He feels good , can sleep good and chances are high he will feel ok to spend for decoration per month again 5 to 10 Euro.

And hurray - PRT are working.

Amelli, Boo Ladedada, K1000 and 2 others like this.
  15. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

There is some truth to what @Myrcello said: I would live in Eastmarch if it weren't prohibitively expensive.

But I would have a second home there. My first home is in a POT and the benefits are incomparable. I expect that my primary residence will always be in a POT for both convenience, community resources, and for the socil aspect of bringing all of your friends within close poximity.

What does a PRT bring to the table that a POT cannot? Stability?

Perhaps I'm just lucky. My governor is a stand up fellow and all my neighbors are the salt of the earth.

As some of the other posters in this thread mentioned, perhaps the PRTs could become something ... more... than just a hole in the map for houses (or lack thereof).

Perhaps some developera would like to take one or two over as a "concept" town. Perhaps a group of players could cooperate to populate with a "concept" community - decorating and behaving appropriately.

I think there might be a town or two like this already. Isn't blood bay just a highly developed concept town of sorts?

PRT reutilization needn't be like that, but it could be fun!

Let's say, for example, there were a town called Lycaeum. The developers could drop some of the monastic styled buildings from Central Brittany in the center and put in some sholarly NPCs with some flavorful dilogue options (not necessarily quest giving, but that could be a future option), and kindly ask players to build houses in an appropriate style. I think most players would abide.

If you're really feeling ambitious, you could lock all of the plots and make them only useable by a special deed, sold in the town for COTOs, and that vendor would have dialogue that explains how to use the deed and the theme of the town.

I think living in a themed town would be good fun!

Kara Brae likes this.
  16. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Wtf r u talking about......... :confused:

17. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

What makes Eastmarch "prohibitively expensive" ??

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  18. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

hehe. i thought i did edit the conan example out as i did find it also confusing. will do again. thx. :)

19. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

It's the place anywhere deed. They be pricey.

20. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

I dont think that that would help to populate PRTs.
    There are enough PA Deeds out there to fill 80% of all NPC and PRTs, but Avatars choose to settle down in POTs with there PA Deeds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.