Music and Dance a Levelled Skill That Provides Hours-Long Buffs

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Alleine Dragonfyre, Aug 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Absolutely for it, but I think other issues are more pressing ;) But stealing from SWG pre NGE is ALWAYS a good idea :D

2. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

The collections system implemented into SWG post-NGE would be great for this game. Some items were loot pieces from killing/fishing/mining, some of them clickable objects in the world. When enough pieces of the collection were obtained they would unlock unique weapon schematics, ship parts, housing decorations, ect. For this game, it would certainly promote exploration.

3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

*shrugs* worked in SWG in the end.
    So why not.

4. Tailz

Tailz Avatar

Synced dance emotes at parties would be the best! Already in the game for music. Would be nice!

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  5. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

SWG. Nice! Player-owned taverns. Which would be the most popular?

DJ Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  6. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Imagine this! :D

7. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

There should be a difference between playing for entertainment and for buffs... I don't want to have to grind to GM level music just to be able to play my favorites songs without false notes, but special tunes that give buffs that need to be learned and practiced, have at it!

Alleine Dragonfyre and Chatele like this.
  8. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

1 wrong note = mistake
    2 wrong notes = jazz

9. KenoZuki

KenoZuki Avatar

THIS :)

10. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I'd personally love to see performance added as some sort of skill tree - not only for the 'resting in towns' and buffing aspect, but as a viable offensive/support tree as well.
    There have been games that have done an excellent job at creating a "bard" type character, with offensive shouts, mezzes, party buffs, sonic damage type - look at EQ2 bards (dirge/troubador), or Vanguard's bard class that could weave different effects into song, or the rogue/bard in Rift, or even the hibernian bard class back in DaoC that offerd party support via regen buffs and heals or speed - completely viable class archetypes with a lot of flair and style. Or just look at the versatility of the classic DND bard ...which if you played DDO, its a reasonable implementation of it in an mmo-like setting. I'd personally love to see something like this - and if it includes some skills with social elements so much the better. Because we're classless, we can do this, and adding actual combat-bard benefits would help to justify/flesh out a full 'music' tree. I think we need this, just as we need more group synergy.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  11. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I found and added the ACTUAL skill tree for this from Star Wars Galaxies in the OP - please check it out. It's both fascinating and really cool. I'll be bringing this concept up, again, during this weeks livestream Q & A :D

12. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

The Entertainer skills and the benefits they gave those watching people play music or dance was excellent and something SOTA would do very well to adopt.

13. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Oh and it gave people a reason to gather together in Cantinas, could do the same for this games Taverns..

14. disorder

disorder Avatar

I was a Doctor and Musician in SWG. I spent MANY hours in town buffing adventurers for tips. I became very rich from the tips alone and had a really great time. Would love to see something like this.

15. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

A "wardance"'s before a battle could become a thing.

16. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Am pretty sure that as well as buffing prople, entertainers could also remove "battle fatigue" (ie a debuff that was SWG's death penalty at one point ) Something for Devs to consider perhaps now Decay has gone ? @DarkStarr

17. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

what is so hot about men dancing in their underwear.... they are not hot pants …. Looks like a bad sex party in the works to me..... how aweful …. I sure would not want my Daughter to be at that party.... ugh YUCK

18. smack

smack Avatar

Yeah, those aren't hot pants. Let me introduce you to my Master Entertainer / Dancer in SWG :D

[​IMG]

19. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

If I had daughters, I wouldn't want them there either. The Sith dude showed up and whacked the dancers. You never want your daughters exposed to the Sith. Could turn them to the dark side of the force.

Now men dancing in their underwear was popularized by Tom Cruise in the movie Risky Business. Thankfully no Sith Dude showed up at that party!

20. Purie

Purie Avatar

Sounds like idea what's currently being used in Project Gorgon. People go to a city and afk there listening to music to gain buffs.
    Playing music grants "adventuring exp bonus" dancing grants crafting exp bonus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.