Halloween Event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Humbert_Humbert, Oct 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

Why is aa fantasy game with dragons, skeletons, and zombies having another dance party for a Halloween Event?

Yes, I am sure many enjoy the dance parties but it is a constant joke thrown at the game amongst my friends. The biggest gripe is there is nothing to do but grind and go to dance parties and so I would suggest using events like Halloween to introduce fun new events.

Thanks,

Humbert Humbert

2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Isnt there a haloween quest?

Didnt the nightmares of novia RP questline play out through october too? Think cerus said that was a haloween event. I think dance parties being a running joke makes the folks joking about them only pay attention to them.

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Gaelis like this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

4. idaniod

idaniod Avatar

Everyone seems to constantly ignore the fact that the dance partys aren't run by PORTALARIUM. They are player run events!

As people have said before.. if you don't like dance parties.. then make your own event!!!

5. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

I've only attended 1 dance party and Darkstarr was giving people "Super Jump" ability with him and British DJing. While I generally don't care for gathering at a remote place to stand around and emote little shenanigans like this are what make them interesting.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Because wonderful people like you aren't doing the work to throw together an event and then invite people to it?

FrostII and Gaelis like this.
  7. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

yea add some candy drop on mobs and have a npc spooky LB trade them for fun deco and consumables

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  8. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

This is true. Waiting for the fun before I invest the time. I just saw the advertisement for the event on Twitter and wanted to give my suggestion.

I thought Sea of Thieves did a great job of adding content to their game with monthly treasure hunts to obtain limited release gear if you completed the long quest. Seems like Sota could add puzzles like this on each month release.

I sign on every month or so check with people on my friends list and all are bored grinding exp somewhere so I sign off.

9. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Perhaps you don't understand that player-driven events are done by the players, at the cost of time and money to the players and with the goal of bringing the community together. This is NOT Portalarium doing a thing except sometimes a Dev or two will show up. If you want a Portalarium event, there has been one going for weeks:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/portalarium-events-calendar.1251/

---> The only way you can have other player events beside dance parties hosted by unpaid, volunteer DJs who dedicate lots of their spare time to the SOTA community and then have to deal with "Why another dance party" questions, is to actually get creative and start running them.

If you aren't able or willing to invest in that kind of dedication into SOTA, then I would encourage you not to question those of us who do put in a lot of hours every week for these dance parties. We are DJs, not dungeon masters.

If you are looking for something else to do that is player created, I encourage you to look at this forum thread everyday:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?categories/community-events.301/

---> @Lily Byrd has a new quest going that is NOT a dance party:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...nth-starting-26-oct-2018.145637/#post-1175278

I understand that you are, "waiting for the fun," but why in the world would you be, IMO, a bit critical of those who have opted to have fun hosting dance parties? YOU can be the fun...or not.

Respectfully,

DJ Sister Love

Gaelis, Elwyn, Elnoth and 2 others like this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This ^

FrostII, Jaesun, Gaelis and 1 other person like this.
  11. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Shameless plug

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...entral-in-mith-lyatharin.145819/#post-1175338

This is an entire cadre of events strung together over the evening in Mith Ly’atharin, including a castle lot cornfield maze with treat stations, a basement maze, Happy Hour (which is almost like a meet and greet mixer) and yes, part of the even will feature live music. The ring of stones dungeon is also in place as a challenge, too

Everyone is welcome

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    Lady Addy, FrostII, Pifester and 4 others like this.
  12. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

You are right. I am sorry.

13. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I had a fishing derby this weekend. There was also the regularly scheduled EVL PvP tournament I made it to. And a Dev run RP battle on two different days. And constant fishing pickup groups.

Pumpkinhead is new, and a great boss fight IMO. He ruined us for quite a while.

It's easy for people to pick one thing (dance parties) and throw stones based on that, without acknowledging that there is a ton of other things to do. Maybe show them some of the other activities that abound in the game. Dungeon building and fishing are two new ones that one could spend their entire game time doing. (Then throw a dungeon fishing dance party when you're done ;) )

Gaelis, Jaesun, Lady Addy and 2 others like this.
  14. Lady Addy

Lady Addy Avatar

If I may add, I think I understand what Humbert is saying. It *would* be nice if there were some in game seasonal themed events that was put on by Port. However I think their time and resources are best spent at fixing and polishing so we have the game they/we all love.

The fact that we as players are able to create parties of any kind is kind of amazing. Think of all the resources we have at our disposal now vs when we first started out. I admit, my knowledge and exposure to other games is limited. UO was my very first online game then WoW and now SotA is my new home. If we stop and think about some of the cool things in SotA that we do have, it is in part due to the creativity and dedication of those putting on the parties. We wouldn't have gustball if not for the creativity of players. Gustball started out with a human sacrifice.. I mean, volunteer ball. ;) It is through these events and yes dance parties that the Dev's see how we interact and what do we want/need. They also use these parties to see what limits we push. I am not sure there are many games out there that the Dev's try to be a part of the events, large and small.
    Humbert, I do know what you are saying, so please don't feel beaten up. As you can see, there are many people who are very passionate about the game and the events that people work very hard at putting on. And we have Dev's working very hard at giving us a game we want to feel passionate about.

All the best,
    Addy

15. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

The latest patch also added new pumpkin head scenarios to encounters in drachvald.

16. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

this actually went on for weeks, it was magnificent! 4 Battle, dynamic evolving storyline that synced with the lore of the game world, bestt thign that ever happened in sota \o/

THe PvP was ALOT mroe fun because of achievable goals that didnt require having to kill the top ranking pvpers

17. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

October was a great month!

But was there a costume contest this year?

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.