Add ability to increase expiration time for Tax free deeds

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Mishikal, Nov 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

It would be really cool if we could use Gold COTO's to increase the amount of time tax free lot deeds last before they expire. This would allow people who have low lot times to be able to be offline for a month or two without the having to worry about losing their lot (like in the summertime or on an extended vacation, etc)

2. Nick

Nick Avatar

But isn't tax free deeds like 120 days? You could give permissions and ask a friend to move something in the home and the timer refreshes.

3. Lained

Lained Avatar

It's based on the pledge tier of the account has so if you acquired a tax free deed from another player and have a basic account it'd be a lot less.

Nick likes this.
  4. Curt

Curt Avatar

90 days at least do a tax free deed handle

5. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

...which is why I would advise against asking for any more features to water down and dilute our pledge rewards ;)

also I support house decay (that is, for the very long pledge reward timers). If youre not playing the game, youre kind of just wasting in-game resources for everyone else. I want an alive world to be in. Id rather the space be empty and unoccupied than occupied and empty. Players logging in once or twice a year, but holding onto large plots of land at no cost, sounds unhealthy for the game community. I understand housing is hardly lacking, but it just makes the game feel more stale. Plus there are features underway to alter conditions in a town scene based on how many people live there. I dont want all the deer and ducks to disappear because my town is filled with players permanently on vacation.

Leave the timers as-is. If you cant find 5 minutes in a multi-month period to log in and refresh your home, or dont have enough in-game connections for someone else to do it, your home is just weighing the community down - let someone live there who wants to add value to that community. Oh and please do return when youre back from IRL vacation, as youre presence is quite welcome (but non-presence is not :p ).

6. privateerFox

privateerFox Avatar

Love it!

Mishikal likes this.
  7. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

As far as i know the shortest timer on tax free deeds is 120 days. This are roughly 4 month.
    The timer becomes refreshed whenever one with lot access log into game.

8. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

The lowest pledge tax free lot timer, Citizen pledge, expiry is 150 days, which is about 3months. So that covers most of your situations.

It also gets refreshed if someone with access, it might be access level based, goes to the lot and interacts with an object (moves, places, etc).

I don’t think any other system needs to be put in place to extend timers beyond what is already available.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Citizen pledge is not the lowest pledge that came with a tax free deed. It was the lowest pledge that came with a tax free village deed. Anyway, I believe @CatweazleX is correct, the shortest timer on any tax free deed is 120 days. I really don't think that needs to be extended.

10. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Just going by what’s in the player instructions.

11. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

While it's great to reflect on what perks various pledge levels got, lets keep in mind some additional things:

a) Some people got bundles, not pledges, which also come with TF deeds (for POTs).

b) Some people will have (especially going forward) neither bundles nor pledges, but can still arrange to buy TF deeds via the forums from other players (or in game for gold/COTOs). Thus there is a growing population of people who have no pledge perks who may have TF deeds.

Lained likes this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Then how many days do you get on your tax free deed?

13. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Port put the lowest term at the bottom of the list in player instructions. So the lowest number of days on a tax free deed is in fact 120days. That is also the limit for deeds in bundles as well.

Nick likes this.
  14. Nick

Nick Avatar

I've tried using a TF POT Row deed for a Free to Play character. It is 120 days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.