Path of Love Text and Video Quest Guide - Ardoris, Necropolis, Malice, Heart of Sorrows

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by zeme, Dec 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeme

zeme Avatar

1. Speak to Arabella in Soltown, speak about your “destiny”, and “cabalist”

2. Speak to Edvard about the “favor” in the center of Solace Bridge, north of Soltown, after using the lever

3. Speak with Stanley, the Soltown Guard Captain at the entrance, speak about “Edvard” and give him “Edvard’s Notes on Solace Bridge”, tell him you’ll be his “courier” and receive the Letter from Stanley to Guard Captain Cugel, Ardoris

4. Go to the southwest of Ardoris to the Guard Barracks where you’ll find Guard Captain Cugel, speak with him about “Stanley” and give “Letter from Stanley to Guard Captain Cugel, Ardoris”, you’re sent to Lord Siranto and Lord Khasi

5. Speak with Lord Siranto in the western castle of Ardoris, talk about “closer at hand” and “yes” to receive 5000 experience and 500 gold

6. Speak with Lord Khasi in the eastern castle of Ardoris, talk about “dividing” and go downstairs to Damai

7. Speak with Advisor Damai about “spirit talker” receive 5000 experience and 500 gold

8. Go to Sequenna Square, the center of Ardoris, to the upper right building named Pelajdar Inn. Speak with the Tavern Patron on the right in brown robes about “accept” as your spirit guide.

9. You’re sent to Min Liang Tan, the bottom left building of Sequenna Square, the center of Ardoris, ask him about a “keystone” in Necropolis

10. Speak to both Lord Siranto and Lord Khasi again, Speak with Lord Khasi (eastern castle) about the “emperor’s writ” and speak with Lord Siranto (western castle) about being “divided” and the “emperess ring”

11. Go back to Min Liang Tan, the bottom left building of Sequenna Square, the center of Ardoris, about and speak about the “ring” and “tower” to find out who the liar is

12. The Tower of the Shuttered Eye is east of Ardoris, fight your way inside and up to the top of the tower, it’s surprisingly tough

13. Speak with Min Liang Tan at the top of the tower about “called you here” and “truth” he’ll attempt to betray and kill you, win the fight

14. Go back to Ardoris to speak with Lord Siranto and Lord Khasi, they’ll only speak with you properly during the day at their thrones and not their bedrooms, each give 7500 experience

15. Go back to Samael for 7500 experience, your spirit guide, at the upper right building of Sequenna Square, the center of Ardoris, speak about “key to necropolis”, and “love”

16. Speak to Samael at the gate of Necropolis Barrens for 5000 experience

17. Enter Necropolis and receive “Summon Samael”, use this item if he’s somehow lost

18. Fight your way through to Nyx, speak about “anapa”

19. Keep going to Thanatos, speak about “styx” and “gift”

20. Go to the Ruins of Midras, a PvP zone, through to the Crypt of the Avatar, where you’ll meet Samael. Tell him you’re “ready”

21. Find Miles Shepherd and speak about “began” which will actually say blade, also the “obsidian war”, “drachvald”, “miracule”, and “malice”

22. Go to the village of Spite, you may need to go through Vauban Pass to get there

23. Speak with Samael in the tavern about “help”, “malice” for 5000 experience, and the “problem”

24. Speak with Yama in the tavern about the “far gate”, “sneak” and “dead”

25. Go to the ferryman Charon, to travel to the Shores of Malice

26. Speak with Yama about going to the “Far Gate” for 2500 experience and receive Malice Far Gate Key,

27. Go up the shore and to the right into the back entrance of Malice, it’s inside the ruins

28. Fight your way to Samael and his ghost wife Muriel, under a staircase. Tell Samael to “let her go” and he will follow you

29. There is a toxic barrier with a note buried next to it which tells you of 3 gems, all of the gems are looted from skeletons

30. Before proceeding further, you must visit Samael at his farm in Brookside for a sidequest, talk to him about the “keepsake” and “Yes, I will do this.” to receive Samael’s Damaged Ring of Remembrance

31. Go to Luaran Graff at the center of Graff Island, ask about the “ring”, and give “Samael’s Damaged Ring of Remembrance”

32. Go to Samael in the tavern of Spite to give “Samael’s Restored Ring of Remembrance”

33. The first gem skeleton is located on the stairs near the toxic barrier, the second gem skeleton is in the boiler furnace room on the table about to be cremated, the third gem is in the alchemy room

34. Make sure Samael is summoned from your whistle, otherwise you’ll hit a barrier named Samael’s Regrets

35. Kill king Anapa

36. Speak with Sequanna about the “heart of sorrow”. Tell Samael you’re “ready” to receive Samael’s Ring of Remembrance. Speak to Sequanna and give her the ring to receive 100,000 experience and the Heart of Sorrows

37. Ask Sequanna about “next steps”

Congratulations on completing the quest!

2. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

What if you never finished Malice and are trying to get back, but the ferryman does not allow you to get there? How do you get back to Malice?

3. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

Nevermind, I figured it out. I spoke to Charon again and click on the key phrase "Travel to Malice" and then he asked if I wished to proceed, I said yes, waited a couple seconds and off I went.

4. Floors

Floors Avatar

Please consider spoiler tagging this.

Steevodeevo likes this.
  5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Please consider doing this for the oracle final path. Thank you for creating this one.

Drake Aedus and Jikininki like this.
  6. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

This is very good. A couple things might be off a bit but good still. There have been a few changes since this was posted but still done well. Now to read the others.

7. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Am a bit confused. I gave Samael the repaired ring before heading into Malice and meeting him there. Have told him to leave Muriel but he is saying no and when I try to summon him with the whistle nothing happens.

Have I missed something ? Done something in the wrong order and broken the quest chain ? Or is this now bugged ?

8. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

No, I did it the same way after quest reset.
    May be there is a keyword you have to say/repeat?
    Are you in the finale with him and Sequanna?

9. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

I have got as far as getting through the poison barrier with the gems but am stuck in front of Samaels Regret barrier. He won't leave Muriel up in the other chamber even though I have told him to and won't respond to the whistle. Perhaps there is a keyword I have not said to him ...?

10. lightuser

lightuser Avatar

I am at the part where I have to kill Anapa.
    How do you even do that with all the skeleton mobs in the room? They immediately turn hostile and kill me within seconds when I initiate combat with Anapa.
    Is there something I'm missing here?

11. Paladin Michael

1. Well, try to run out of the room, separate them and try one after one ... Not easy.

2. Banish Undead is very helpful. Make a deck including one fixed Banish Undead Skill.
    Also your main heal skill.
    Also Soothing Rain is fine to use as combo with banish undead.
    Elysian Illumination and different Heal spells together in another slot is helpful.

3. Use a pet, if possible, summon an Elemental.

4. Before trying to kill Anapa, Cast Shield / Healing Spells in order of duration!
    - Shield of Ice (Damage Avoidance)
    - Ignite Weapon
    - Immolation
    - Soothing Rain
    - Cocoon of Night
    - Healing Grace

Try different deck combinations. If you don't like to make this experience at that moment:
    Go on to another path and come back another time - have fun :)

lightuser likes this.
  12. Paladin Michael

Can't remember exactly.

After you found the 3 Gems of Loving Compassion/Justice/Sacrifice, the Barrier downstairs vanishs. So you can go on (without Samael!) It's harder, but it is possible. So you arrive at Anapa. (see my last post above)
    I really don't know, if Samael was with me from that point!

After defeating Anapa you will meet Sequanna. She tells you to talk with Samael and asking for a ring ...

However: The clue is, to convince Samael to let his beloved Muriel go ... (You know, like Passenger sings: 'let her go' ;))
    May be there is a not underlined keyword in the text, while talking to him!

I will do the whole path next time again with a new Avatar.
    Sorry I can't help further at this moment. Good luck!

May be this thread of Elwyn helps further - try it! :)

13. Jikininki

Jikininki Avatar

Your walk throughs have been super helpful! Thanks so much! Have you done one for the oracle quest line?

14. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

@zeme Your list of keywords that are required to go from one step to the next are very helpful. However, I found one suggestion that might be helpful to some avatars.

After going to the tower of the shuttered eye and returning to chat with khasi and siranto I went back to samael. He did not give me the quest for the necropolis nor the 15000 experience reward until I accepted his service. The keyword 'spirit-talker' triggered him to say if you want to hire me you simply have to ask. Then, the keyword 'accept' was highlighted. I pressed accept and that hired him and gave me the necropolis quest and gave me the experience reward.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  15. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yeah, you have to level up and or get better or change tactics. At the time I did this quest, this was extremely difficult and I had to go do some grinding and gain some levels first.

Now, i could dispatch anapa with ease, about 40 levels and several months later....

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Tell the NPC that you're with to attack. He'll draw the mobs to himself. He has lots of health, so don't worry.

17. Eric White

Eric White Avatar

I finished this one today. Adventure level 64. It was still rough. I had to learn pet commands for the first time to control and get Samuel to work for me. Stay close to me... aggro for me as best he could. He has 14 thousand plus hit points so you want him taking the hits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.