Players, is this what the game really needs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Antrax Artek, Nov 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Greetings everyone,

Lately I have heard of some heavy contrasts between the world of pvers and the world of pvpers, I still wonder what the cause is and if we can find a resolution.

We're are all players of the same game, members of the same community and humans of the same world, we should work together to bring high this project both for our fun and for the game itself.

There should be room for the different playstyles and tastes and not contrasts and aversion between them, suggestions, feedbacks and discussions should really be a cue for developers and aim to improve the gaming experience for everyone not a way to bring hate between members of the same community.

I was also pointed out that the name of this thread precluded non-pvpers from participating "PVP Community Talk" ( Link ) , I immediately changed the title of the post when I heard it in "Community Talk about PVP", reading the contents of the thread it is easy to understand that it was a discussion between all the type of players regarding the pvp and that no one was precluded the intervention.

I am very sorry if someone thought it was something only for pvpers because the intent was just the opposite, to create a space dedicated to the discussion about the topic among all types of players.

For me there is no kind of hatred or disdain towards those who do not embrace my playstyle, discussing is beautiful and interesting and can often lead to something good but getting to separate our community in 2 different parts seems crazy to me.

The pvper label is sometimes misinterpreted, i'm a pvper but i'm also a pver, guild master, pot owner, guild leader, crafter, decorator, guide for new players and yes sometimes i go to dance parties.

Let's try to transform these adversities into collaboration for the community and for the game, we all have a common goal.

Sincerely,

Antrax

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  2. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

3. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I am primarily a RPG fan, but enjoy RPG oriented MMOs as i'm occasionally social :) Also in a well constructed MMO you have to team up to complete certain tasks and quests. This, if done right is fun and doesn't feel forced. A mob that is way to hard for you to solo but is essential for a quest is crude and forced, by way of example and leaves you frustrated and feeling pressured. In a similar way quest locations in a forced PVP zone leaves a bad taste, especially if you are ganked, as I was early on and leaves a bad taste for PVP.

As someone who is primarily a social RPGer but with nothing against PVP if done right, I have really enjoyed PVP in MMOs in the past. I absolutely adored the RvR in Warhammer Online and innumerable other MMOs that had world changing faction based PVP and Caste defence. ESO and GW2 for example. These drew me deep into PVP and as I failed at first and became obsessed with improving my play style and build for this nature of combat.

The consequences of failure and death were just pride and frustration, but the fun and excitement was ten times the negative. I also loved the arena combat in these games and also SWTOR; quick fun, exciting bursts of matched teams in different, and imaginative game modes, with a score board and occasionally (rarely for me), a reward.

I see none of this in SOTA, hence I do not PVP...Yet. I love the game as it stands but largely because I know, subject to funding, there is so much more to come. I know castle defence is on the drawing board and once this is delivered world or realm or faction based PVP is the obvious next step.

Till then, for a casual player not obsessed with PVP, there is nothing to draw me to the PVP in SOTA right now. It seems forced, gratuitous and unfriendly* just right now.

* with the exception of you and your guild mate.

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Wait, what? You got bashed for the titel of a topic?
    Damn that's an new all time low imo.

StarLord likes this.
  5. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Personally, I have no interest in PVP. I stay out of PVP areas, and I don't flag up. I'm not forced to PVP in SOTA, so it's all good.

Cordelayne and Elwyn like this.
  6. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Unfortunately, I was told that I opened a thread that prohibited/discouraged non-pvpers from participating in the discussion due to the title "PVP Community Talk".

I must be honest, when I heard this I was very sorry also cause in the thread was stated that the discussion was open to everyone, you know how much I work hard to eliminate this distance between the different playstyles and how much effort I put to help all types of players.

As I have already explained, obviously, the title meant Community Talk about PVP, indeed the aim was to gather the opinions of all users regarding/for or against the pvp.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Well, i think who ever "informed" you about this "issue" is a bit touchy too say the least.
    But nvm me. I didn't want to derail your topic. I already voted in the poll. All cool n'froody.

Elwyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.