Please Guild Titles and Ranks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zeddicus Zorander, Nov 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

Please allow us to assign special guild titles and ranks with specific powers to members in our guilds. Example the title of recruiter who is allowed to give probationary rank and title to new member. How about different level ranks of officers in guild with varying degrees of power etc.

This is something we dearly need in-game it's such a shame not to have this but to have to rely on external programs to keep track of who is who.

Thanks,
    Zeddicus Zorander

2. Sid

Sid Avatar

Yes! Please allow us to have that simple feature
    +1

3. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

Yes please!!!

4. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Yes please - I post requests like this for enhanced guild functions plus a proper guild war system on a regular basis.

Sadly at present these things don't even seem to be in the pipeline for the Devs and for the life of me I don't understand why.

@DarkStarr

5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I see no need to take dev's time for something like this..... so - sorry.
    Handle that stuff within the guild yourselves.

6. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

On the other hand suggestions like this could be nice quality of life ideas. It may not be something they bring in straight away, but may be something nice to implement at a point if/when they may do take like ui improvements.

Brewton likes this.
  7. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Why? Yes it would make it comfortingly more similar to other mainstream MMOs but what does it achieve? arguably also it jars with the lore* I'm with Frostil here, there is so much to fix and deliver before we consider fluff like me this and by fluff I mean stuff of questionable value.
    We have guild recruitment, guild chat, LFG (which is to be improved).

*To my eyes SOTA is not a Guild oriented model. We are all Avatars, all equal, all alone. We all oppose the same evil and work with the Oracle. Sometimes we work together in a group to defeat formidable foes. Other than that the back story has us very much as individuals.

Games with faction warfare and strong guild systems include guild buffs, guild points systems for guild growth, guild quests or tasks, even co-op crafting. For me this jars with the principle of the lone Avatar ported in from a parallel world, left to his or her wits.

8. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Personally I would not call proper guild mechanics fluff but rather a basic foundation for a successful MMO (yes I know SOTA isn't supposed to be one apparently but I think that ship has sailed).

MrBlight likes this.
  9. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

As long time guild leader, long before the finale wipe, I will say it quite frankly: the Guildsystem, as of now, is a bad joke. You can show togetherness and you have your own chatchannel. You can setup a guild chapter home, but all members have the same rights in this home. Ahh, and then there is this super useless guild war system.
    So, I will welcome nearly every upcoming change as a good change.

Thwip, amarious and Gorthyn like this.
  10. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I often read these threads and think so many people press and press to make SOTA a different game to what SOTA is and is intended to be.

Often these high pressure demands, which do gather a lot of support understandably, press for SOTA to be made ever more closer to having the standard feature set of every other MMO out there.

What I don't understand is, when other players bemoan the absence of features X, Y, and Z in SOTA that are beautifully implemented in GW2, or BDO or LOTRO or wherever, is why folks just don't go to those games and play them.

Even if SOTA started to genericise itself today, it would take years to recreate ESO and it would never be as good as ESO as it hasn't the budget and wasn't designed to be ESO.

If you consider the lore or SOTA, in theory we wouldn't have guilds at all. It wouldn't stop groups being created or indeed stop players with a little imagination and organisation to build a guild governance heirarchy themselves. If you want a Guild leader, or limited recruitment rights or guild officers, just assign people these roles in your guild. Why do you need a button? Lack of imagination? layziness? Sheep mentality?

These points are all moot as SOTA needs cash and so needs player growth, and therefore whatever the heard wants they will get.

Elwyn likes this.
  11. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

We reached the 2 Mio Stretchgoal.
    Do you remember what that was?
    Right, a feature reach guild system.

12. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

The display of guild titles a la some other MMOs would be beneficial and probably wouldn't require much in the way of programming.

I think the enhanced roles of members in the guild would be helpful! Improving the functionality and variety of social interraction would hardly be a wasted effort. The depth of relationships established in New Britannia will serve to retain players as they take on more roles and responsibilities within their communities.

13. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

I don't think folk want SOTA to be ESO or indeed any other theme park MMO - I came from ESO as I was bored with just dashing around chasing quests all the time with my generic character.

I think people would like SOTA to be a really good sand box MMO (with the multi modes etc for those who want them). A sandbox doesn't mean you have no game systems to utilise as you wish in that sand box. SOTA has plenty but it is lacking a proper guild function.

Have been in many guilds and run them and I certainly don't need guild mechanics to do it but they help like all the other systems we have in game. People like guild titles just as they like lots of things which add flavour to a games virtual world.

I hate to mention those two letters but UO did guilds very well indeed and also a proper guild war system which this game is crying out for IMHO.

I'm not sure the Lone Avatar scenario precludes guilds - even if everyone strictly adhered to the games Avatar lore (which they don't) I still feel human nature being what it is, people finding themselves thrown into such a foreign situation would very quickly seek others like themselves and join together.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  14. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

$2M: Players Take over the World!!!

• Castles & Keeps effectively a new “Town Type”, where the structure is ownable by players or guilds
    • Guilds can declare war against other guilds
    • Guilds can declare as full time PVP
    • Guilds can earn a guild house and guild bank
    • Guild Tabbard/Shield/Flags useable by all members
    • Minimum of 5 castle types added to the game
    • Castle merchants with unique merchandise
    • Castle defense scenarios for most castles which can be played offline as well as online

Zeddicus Zorander likes this.
  15. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Hmmm

I wasn't around these parts at that point but it does strike me that all those promises didn't exactly come to pass....

16. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

The castle defence stuff is late but incoming, I'm not sure I see a lot of promised rich guild mechanics there they haven't delivered

17. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

I don't think any of the guild mechanics as they stand could be classed as "rich". Barebones might be a better adjective.

MrBlight and Brewton like this.
  18. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

I hardly think this is a dev time sink, it's a feature that 95% of games with guilds have..and what would you prefer that they spend their time on, more fish thrones?

19. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

If that's fact that SOTA isn't about guilds then why even have guilds? Derp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.