Why Can We Not See the Telethon Goal Clock?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zeddicus Zorander, Nov 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

I noticed unless a telethon is on or it's a Friday sale we cannot see the goal timer... since the goal timer is always on and ALL sales for the month count towards our goal can we make this a permanent feature on the main website page? Pretty pretty please?!

I know some of you will link the reward telethon site from last Friday but that only shows where we were when the update was posted not a current clock count.

Thank You,
    Zeddicus Zorander

Innascual Inch likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Unless they changed it, only purchases between noon and midnight central time on Fridays count.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

not true, only the friday sales (and the subs) count.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  4. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Zeddicus Zorander
    I have also asked they keep the Goal Amount posted all the time. Did not get an answer but did realize that having it show would prompt people to buy stuff assuming it would go toward the goal when it did not. I do wish they would keep doing the white board update during the Livestream so I can go back and watch them to see what the goal was when the Livestream was over. If you have any question on Livestream rewards please check out the page listed below. I try to keep it updated with help from the community.

Telethon Rewards List Updated

Adam Crow, Barugon and Synergy Blaize like this.
  5. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

As others stated, this is inaccurate unless there was some recent announcement that I missed. All subscriptions count toward the goal and all Friday sales count toward the goal. Also important, it is not sales for the month but subscriptions and sales between releases.

6. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

Thank you for pointing out my flaws but the point still stands, I want to be able to see the Telethon reward clock total at all times. I mean come on folks yes I made a mistake but instead of pointing out my error why don't you support my call to action instead? Irritating and negative folks, if you have nothing other than non constructive critics then buzz off please.

7. Lained

Lained Avatar

Having the goals always on display would cause confusion as some may expect their purchases would qualify them for the rewards when the telethon wasn't active which isn't the case.

8. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

I pointed out the error in the hopes that others who read the thread aren't mislead by an incorrect statement. While other replies corrected your statement, I didn't notice anyone mention that stretch goals are release based, as opposed to monthly, so I included that bit of information. My post was made with the intent of being instructive. I didn't critique you or your request.

It would be interesting to know what the total is, but since it moves little between Fridays, it's not that important to me that it be posted.

9. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

Not if you label it correctly.... (caption this clock only applies during telethons we are providing it information purposes only) Your comment isn't valid.

Innascual Inch likes this.
  10. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

The stretch goals have always been for the telephon days.

As a method to drive sales on the intended day it would be counter productive for them to place the amounts up during the week.

It would psychologically take away the fun and build up to the notion of having to buy on a certain date if we could see the amount all day.

The intended sudden appearance dies the job of making it stand out to new people. It then does enough to influence people to spend on the particular days.

Combine this with the fact they do their sales during weekends starting on Fridays it all ties in pretty well.

You didn’t know @Zeddicus Zorander but now you do so no harm up foul. :)

11. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

I agree with you Zeddicus. I've wanted the check current status toward the goal and not being able to find it is frustrating.

There is a clear reason to have it beingdisplayed between Fridays: it is a cumulative month-ling goal, and only displaying it on a Friday causes confusion and frustration becasue its poor communication.

+1 to that.

StarLord likes this.
  12. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Only sales between Noon and Midnight on Fridays count toward the goal.

Jaesun likes this.
  13. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

I’m not sure how it’s not communicated unclearly to be honest. Even when I was a new player it was made easy to know this information.

14. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

What we mean is that Port doesn't display how much funds have been raised toward the monthly goal on the website at all times. That is the poor communication/unclear part we are talking about.

StarLord likes this.
  15. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

I know what you mean but that’s marketing for you. It may seem backward but it is a way to drive sales. They are monthly stretch goals and their mechanic is to let the goal build up on each Friday of a release.

It serves no real purpose to show the funds raised on a daily basis when they want to drive sales on a set day. They also do this to tie in with the community live streams which they do on a Friday.

It’s technically a release stretch goal too just to also make sure you’re up to speed on all information too.

Elwyn and Steevodeevo like this.
  16. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Dulayne explains it very well above. It's an impulse marketing gimic. As well as generation of income on an ongoing basis with the online store, the impulse purchases each Friday driven by the telethons is an extra source of income. Always having the total up would blunt the impulse purchase effect.

If you subscribe to the monthly telethons on Twitch or search for them in YouTube you can see the ending totals for any given Friday, for example...

17. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Not everyone is going to support every idea, all I saw was folks pointing out something you didn't know. @Dulayne has it stated correctly.

Elwyn and Dulayne like this.
  18. Grimace2

Grimace2 Avatar

The goals achieved are shared on the blog post advertising each livestream.

Community Livestream – Sandbox Roleplay (Nov 9)
    NOVEMBER 5, 2018

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=101294

• ACHIEVED $10K: Fish Pavers
    • ACHIEVED $25K: Fish Throne
    • ACHIEVED $35K: Fish Mask Set
    • ACHIEVED $50K: Big Trophy Fish Stone Statue Set
    • $65K: Fish Shield & Swordfish Sword
    • $75K: Big Fish Mask Set (Shark & Lava!)
    • $85K: Unique Dungeon Encounter Room with Fishing Spot
    • $95K: Fish Scale Armor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.