So, we are free to play now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Earl Atogrim von Draken, Nov 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I just went to take a peek and, ouch, you weren't kidding brother! The game does get a number of recent scathing reviews. Some justified and some definitely not. Yet, I have to imagine that's with any game on Steam really.

I did see that SheepWillPrevail review and he/she has over 465 products in their account, so not sure what you meant about "no games beside sota..." comment. Regardless, I think many of those reviews had a point. I give full credit to Portalarium for all their hard work with such a small team, but these things should have really been fixed before going F2P:

Tabatha, Astirian, Chatele and 4 others like this.
  2. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

Exactly!

3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Steam shows me:

"Mostly Negative: 35% of the 122 user reviews in the past 30 days are positive"

Not very encouraging, particularly given the ways in which the game has been nerfed for the new FTUE.

StarLord and Wreckognize like this.
  4. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

Private accounts will not display the number of games tied to the account.

5. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

Those steamers are so tsundere.

Cordelayne likes this.
  6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

One of the current negative threads in Steam has an early backer commenting that "We've been waiting years for the game to go F2P so we can leave a negative review on Steam" (paraphrased from memory).

I imagine that group has got their rage reviews about finished so we should start seeing more reviews based on the current state of the game instead of some Kickstarters disappointment with the game not conforming to their vision.

Hopefully that means the recent reviews get back up to where we were last month soon, which was at one point "Mostly Positive".

7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

There are certainly a few like that, but the majority (on appearances) come from newer players. So I guess we'll see where it's at in a month.

Astirian and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  8. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

[​IMG]

The Hendoman and Tsumo2 like this.
  9. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

What kind of reviews are you going to expect when basic things like questing, combat and maps are broken lol

It wasn't until I played this game that I realized these things could be taken for granted.

If they ever get around to fixing these things you'll probably start seeing the positive reviews

10. Makkion74

Makkion74 Avatar

I have read many of the negative reviews on steam, and I can say that when players with 2000 hours, they misjudge the title, you know what comes to mind to me?
    Who despises buy, and if you play for 2000 hours it means that you are either a masochist, or you like the game.
    Many reviews on steam are distorted and ridiculous, I myself on mmorgpitalia.com I showed the good and the bad that there is in the game, explaining that it is still in continuous development, and have entered Italian players, and there they are playing and they still thank me.
    You just need to show the true beauty that is in this game, do not dwell only on negative aspects that then will be fixed by the devs over time, being a title in

11. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Dafug is this s**t. Showed 0 for me. See, that's the next issue with steam Oo

Cordelayne likes this.
  12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Ah! Didn't know that. Just use steam for storing and starting games and not much more.

Cordelayne likes this.
  13. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

The game was funded via kickstarter and took several years to develop. Meanwhile, backers had access from very early on and could play each incremental release during those years. Many did, so they accumulated a lot of hours while seeing how the game developed. Not all that unusual really.

Tabatha, Cordelayne and Xandra7 like this.
  14. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

In other words, they played the game for nearly 90 days straight without a break and decided it wasn't for them.

Yeah.

I can figure out I don't like a game much quicker than that ;-)

15. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Again... The game was in development for *years* . Years in which various new features, scenes, etc, were added to the game. 90 days out of 5 YEARS of development is not all that much.

Tabatha, Arianna, Tiina Onir and 4 others like this.
  16. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Of note, if you have a steam version, you can also write a review if you haven’t yet.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  17. Eric White

Eric White Avatar

It's F2P... just look in the starter areas. There are WAY more people in them (still) than there was 2-3 weeks ago.

18. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

There are plenty of reasons. Nerfs being a prime example. Changes to fundamental aspects of the game like forced multiplayer. You could disagree with the direction the game is going for example not care about fishing or player dungeons.

Or from another perspective... do people who play WoW for years not have the right to to not enjoy the game when the game gets worse over time?

Tabatha, Brewton and Mishikal like this.
  19. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

Woohoo we’re saved!! The sky has finally stopped falling! It took some time but they did it, they really did it!!

20. Eric White

Eric White Avatar

Context is difficult for some, I realize. No SotA is not without it's flaws, but it is in a better state now than it was this time 6 months ago, or this time 12 months ago, or this time 18 months ago.

May statement was made to answer a question. The question was raised... "are we seeing an uptick in SotA because of F2P or changes in SPOffline forced into Multiplayer in overworld + POT?"

But if sarcasm makes you feel better about yourself, @Brewton ... have at it man. The sky will always be falling for those who want it to.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Chatele likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.