Character Slot or Separate Account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vulnor, Nov 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vulnor

Vulnor Avatar

I am kicking around the idea of another character, one that would be very different from my main character (combat and upcoming crafting specializations, etc.). I know about the cost difference ($10) for additional character and sharing of virtue. What are the pros and cons for each choice?

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

on the same account there share a lot of stuff. bank, property, etc. iirc, virtue as well. the owner name on your property changes when you login to your alt.

on different accounts, nothing is shared. you can also get into the $9 month program again and end up with twice as many rewards for deco, etc.

3. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

I recently bought a second slot. if I had known about f2p I would have just started a second account and bought a sub for a month or 2 :(

that_shawn_guy likes this.
  4. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Second account, one good, one evil with a black shroud!

Jaesun likes this.
  5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

With same account character slots, both characters can't be logged in at the same time. You might not care about this.

6. Sylence

Sylence Avatar

separate accounts so you can play two characters at one time as both can be logged in together

Lesni likes this.
  7. Rat2

Rat2 Avatar

I've had three separate accounts and it's been a mistake. None of my avatars are really where they need to be as far as skill levels, because I have to divide my experience gains three ways. With no skill cap, having more than on character in active play is a waste of time. If you can combine all your experience into one character, all you really have to do is change decks and armor to have a different play experience. However, that being said, if you can run a second client; it's always handy to leave a character logged out in a convenient place in the Rise.

8. Gefionious

Gefionious Avatar

second account for all the reasons above, as well as a second crafter specialization if you are into any crafting.

9. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I was talking about this yesterday in universal chat, and someone did raise in interesting point about same account, when buying episode 2, you just need to buy it once for all the characters on that account, vs neededing to buy if for each account.

10. Rat2

Rat2 Avatar

I was thinking about keeping another character for crafting, but the problem is still that a crafter needs to be an adventurer to go into higher level tiered areas to get decent producer Xp. Maybe crafter specialization will make it worthwhile, but a single high level character makes more sense than two mediocre ones.

11. Sales101

Sales101 Avatar

Everyone needs to understand that you are buying early access into release two. When episode two releases at the end of the year it will become free to play.

12. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

My best crafting XP comes from crafting new things the first time. There are plenty, some of them make huge amounts of XP. Signs, for instance, 15k on an exceptional.

13. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all. Your play style will e the biggest determining factor on slot or account. If you are a role player then 2 accounts are necessary due to shared Virtue. I wanted a light and a dark character to see how the game would change but my dark character would corrupt my light one with his bad deeds.

Having extra livestream rewards are good also if you want to deco your house with cool stuff. For instance 2 big Fish statues at the entrance to my water home!

14. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Has this been officially stated? I'm not casting doubt upon you, but I was under the impression that episode 1 was free to play while episode 2 would be buy-to-play.

Making everything free to play seems a bit like a missed opportunity. If I'm not mistaken, at least one very successful game uses this same model. I'm not advocating emulation of our richer neighbors, but it seems to this layman that it's a model that at least seems worth trying.

Of course I will defer to the official diet.

Synergy Blaize and Nevyn Waldail like this.
  15. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Where was this announcement?

Synergy Blaize and Elwyn like this.
  16. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

[citation needed]

They have stated that you will need Ep2 access to enter Ep2 areas.

Synergy Blaize likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.