Graveyard for POT?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Paladin Michael, Nov 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

After reading a few threads about passing SotA Community members over the last 5 years, I thought about Graveyards for POT ...

So a player who passed, could (if family wants!) be buried in his/her hometown.
    We know, after a while lot deed and house will go to bank, the lot deed will be claimed by another - and (s)he is forgotten. Having a funeral would give community members the possibility to say goodbye ...

A tombstone could provide some information about the former Avatar and also (if family wants) a few sentences about the person behind, may be also a picture ...
    May be with every lot deed a tomb deed could be connected (buy once a time and doing so grants a tomb, information to provide can be wrote in a kind of small testate?)

So players also could be caretaker to provide all what is needed on a graveyard ...

What do you think about, POT owner? @DarkStarr, @Lord British?

Not a high priority thing, but something to honor those players who loved the game :)

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Doesn’t @Spoon have such a graveyard? I believe they will take any requests and will set up a tombstone.

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  3. Paladin Michael

Ah, thank you for this info - I've never heard about before. So this is already possible?!

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

All you would need is a lot deed in a town, and instead of placing a house, just decorate the area as a graveyard. Like in Dragomir Mori, there’s a number of lots that don’t have houses, but instead are decorated as scenes, parks and other things.

Talk to the caretaker in Aerie and get some graveyard related deco. :)

5. Paladin Michael

Well, it works this way, of course. But if someone isn't any longer alive, the deed will be claimed by another Avatar after a while ...

The R.I.P. tomb shouldn't vanish ...

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Jaesun like this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

That is certainly true.

7. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

In Knight's Watch near the central crafting pavillion we have a "Memorial" area. No avatar names mentioned as a few of them who left suddenly we dont know what happened to them the Governor placed a generic Stone with a nice message attached to it. So it commemorates any truly fallen Knights that are no longer with us for whatever reason.

8. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Another option would be to talk to a POT gov and have them make a grave yard and put a stone in the town. that way even if ones deed expires the town always exists.

Guess I should have read the post above before posting this :p

9. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I have a Memorial Garden, aka graveyard on Serenity Isle. There is a crypt to honor my mom and a very special grave for a service dog name Mia.

@Tailz took time from his life to not only provide emotional support for me when my mom died, but he did all the main design and deco work at the memorial. I will never be able to thank him enough.

Everyone is welcome to visit the Memorial Garden. I would be honored to add a remembrance for your loved one.

Serenity Isle is east of Brittany, along the coast, east of Pax Lair and across the small bridge. Take a boat and from the Main Docks, head right. it is also clearly marked on the Map.

Memorial Garden

[​IMG]

In memory of Mia: She was more than just a k9 partner and is greatly missed. 4/01/2018

[​IMG]

In loving memory of Evelyn Buchanan. My mom, my inspiration. 1934 - 2018

[​IMG]

10. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Immortal City has a memorial for Richards mom. It use to be in another town but was relocated.

11. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

If anyone out there would like a custom memorial for a loved one, I am happy to work with you to design it. I have a basic layout of graves, but nothing that can't be changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.