Please Provide Resident Houses Like Guild Houses Have

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Alleine Dragonfyre, Nov 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Hi!

This sounds like it might be relatively simple to implement because the exact same thing exists for Guilds in the form of Guild Houses. In Immortal City, we have a few lots that Residents are added as Kindred so they may place their wares on Public Vendors.

Our city lots are open to all of Novia to claim. No one has to ask permission to drop a home here as we feel letting the city grow organically is interesting and more realistic. We have the Golden Rule only and it's worked out well so far. We can't choose our neighbors in RL, right?

People come and people go, as any Governor will confirm. Maintaining lot access for Residents is a painstaking and time consuming endeavor. My process is that I take a screen shot of the Town Crier list and cross-reference it with who each lot has listed. As Immortal City grows, this becomes a longer and longer process, much like a guild.

It would be really cool if you could automate this process for us! Please make the same system "Guild Houses" have for "Resident Houses." When we check the box, currently, in Lot Access, this automatically gives all Guild Members Kindred access. If this could be done for Residents, we would be most grateful! I think that lots should be allowed to choose both Guild House and Resident House options for a lot as well, unless that complicates matters.

Thank you so much!

2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Great idea.

You might want two options though, one for "Town Residents who Claimed Lots" and another for "Anyone in town with Lot Access." I know there are some towns that let more than the primary deed holder have access to their public vendors.

4. redfish

redfish Avatar

Something I'd also like to do personally is encourage all residents of the POT to share vendors, and I'm sure some guilds also want all guild members to share vendors. It would be nice to be able to mark vendors or containers specifically as 'guild access' or 'resident access,' without making the whole property a guild house or resident house. (Some system to limit what could be put on a vendor etc would also be a nice addition).

I also see a use for a similar mechanic for properties you want as public spaces. So lets say you want to have a tavern, and lock down all the permanent deco, but have anyone who comes in be able to put things down on the tables or pick them up, and so on. There could also be a 'public access' flag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.