Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

ice fishing

Discussion in 'Release 60 QA Feedback' started by Alley Oop, Nov 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i like these little holes! ...but falling into the water should get you the same cold damage as the water in vertas/the troll twin encounter.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

That's a great idea! I actually brought it up here in the office, but we decided since it was a POT and not an adventure scene that we didn't want to injure players just having fun at a fishing hole. (We didn't want to kill any polar bear swimming club members just because they wanted to take a dip!)

Feeyo, Elwyn, Elrond and 2 others like this.
  3. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

LOL Ok. There are few alpine type adventure zones.....Mariah's, Vertas, and a couple other ones that could have ice holes.....ok ok everytime i say Ice Holes i think of Johnny Dangerously. But yeah in the snowy scenes they could be there.

By Tor and Jaesun like this.
  4. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

Beran's Reach has an arctic biome in QA and an icy lake. But, there are no ice holes in it for fishing. What pot's have the ice holes in them and why doesn't Beran's Reach have any?

5. Alley Oop

there is only one arctic biome pot template and the ice fishing holes apply to every pot using it.

6. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

In the draft of the R60 post it says
    so I am not sure from that if they mean arctic or alpine.

There is mention of alpine in Belladonna Rose's post, so I was expecting the answer: "there arent holes in the arctic lake the ice is too thick. They are only in the alpine biome." But, instead you say there are indeed holes in the arctic biome lake.

I am so confused.

7. Alley Oop

none of them are in the existing lake. they're in their own new area of the map.

8. Sannio

Both Snowy Mountains biomes will get the ice holes. Don't look for them on the big lake. We pushed out the edge of the scene on one side (on the hill overlooking the lake) to make sure we didn't change anywhere players might already have houses or decorations.

9. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I like the idea of ice fishing, but the 2-holes are way out of the way. The longer you fish a spot the lower your Success Chance gets, so with only 2 spots, it won't be long before you have to leave. It would be cooler if players had to buy an Ice Drill and drill holes in the Lake to fish. Maybe even have a Fishing Shack that they can drag out on to the ice.

10. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

They are there darlin...i just went and checked in QA. Its kinda out of the way and pretty well hidden

11. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Alpine Map, and it is in between the middle and bottom on the Far-Left side of map.

[​IMG]

12. Sannio

The ice holes we added were easily put in without too much work. Creating a new system for drilling holes or using fishing shack would require new tech, which would take time and pull us away from other tasks. I'm not saying they're bad ideas, or that we'd never do them, I'm just pointing out that sometimes a developer has to look at his to-do list of several hundred tasks and decide what can be done in the time allotted. :)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    Sorthious and Alley Oop like this.
  13. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

@Sannio , don't take me too seriously. I know you all are working hard to provide content. I hope my critiques aren't taken the wrong way. The fishing holes looks good, I was just thinking of the functionality of it. (^8

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.