Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Not a bug] Made a new avatar, and the first impression was from a distant camera view

Discussion in 'Player Characters, Animations, & Emotes' started by Kelly O'Shay, Nov 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

11/10/2018 02:43
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 12212
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 GPU RAM: 2007
    SotA.QA.Win.64.767.Date.11.09.18
    Area: IsleOfStorms/Begin
    Area Display Name: Isle of Storms
    Loc: (49.2, 17.8, 29.0)
    Debug: SXNsZU9mU3Rvcm1zfEJlZ2lufCg0OS4yNDksIDE3LjgyNSwgMjguOTgpfCgwLCAtMC44OCwgMCwgMC40NzUpfDIzNi43NDA2fDEwfDE4

This is the first time my camera view has been so far back when making a new avatar. It normally appears a few feet back and above my avatar. This time, I made a new char to test some bug fixes in new player area and the view was waaay back behind even the trees in isle of storms.

I would recommend that you adjust the camera view to a bit closer for new players first coming into isle of storms or they might become disoriented and frustrated if they can't figure out how to adjust the view themselves.
    [​IMG]

2. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

After I finished composing this new bug, I went back to the game. I rotated my mouse wheel in so the view would be a little closer, and while rotating the mouse wheel I think I saw some blue text over to the left near where the quest titles appear. It disappeared as I was zooming in. Is it possible that this text was trying to tell me that I need to rotate the mouse wheel in to get a closer view? I really couldn't read it before it went away. And, I went to J to see if it appeared in the journal, and it did not appear in the journal.

If it was supposed to tell me to rotate the mouse wheel in to see better, it should be more obvious than glowy blue text, pretty tiny text by the way, in the upper left corner.

Is there a way to bring that tip back up so I can review it again if I miss it? Or is it gone forever now?

3. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

@Kelly O'Shay The tips should be logged in your chat window so you can reference them after they've disappeared.

Jaesun likes this.
  4. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

There are some new tips that float on the screen that do not ever go to the chat window.
    If you miss them, I have not been able to find them anywhere when looking in journal and chat window.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.