Get rid of Rusty Spoons asap and replace it with...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zeddicus Zorander, Nov 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I remember when they mentioned adding deco stuff to the loot tables, I was happy. The idea was that it was going to be a lot if items which were only available through theft, so you didn't have to steal deco anymore. I had assumed it would get sort of rare, though. If I'd known every mob was going to drop 1-3 pieces of junk, I'd gave bebeen quite a bit less happy. I would hope this stuff stays on the loot table, as I have used a lot of it, but maybe pull it back a bit. Like, 1 in 10 mobs drops a single item.

Mishikal likes this.
  2. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I love your ideas for rare loot, especially the maps.

3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

If I had to choose between getting junk loot and getting nothing, I would still prefer to get junk. Nevertheless in the offline game where you get tons of loot I have begun to delete the heavier junk, especially plows, scythes, and square jars, in my inventory to lighten the load before returning home.

Cordelayne likes this.
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

It'd be kinda neat if you could place the maps you currently find as deco. Well, you can, but I mean unrolled on a wall. Preferably without a frame, so you could tack them all over the wall and make it look like you're unravelling a conspiracy.

5. Curt

Curt Avatar

pieces of a treasure map that you need to collect several of before could combine it.

or could think more like a chain of tasks.
    you find a map that lead you to another scene
    and in that scene you may find another map or a treasure N% chance.

Tabatha, Kara Brae and Vaiden Luro like this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

No! It leads to a massive cache of rusty spoons!

Tabatha, Jason_M, Vaiden Luro and 2 others like this.
  7. Dartan Obscuro

Dartan Obscuro Avatar

I find the annoyance of the rusty junk not in getting them but in sorting them.

I would like the inventory UI to have configurable tabs similar to the chat window. Every item should have one or more associated descriptive tags. When adding or modifying an inventory tab the player gets to name it and include or exclude tags. I'm sure the community could help in deciding what tags are needed and building out the data.

If the rusty spoons, plows, cutting boards etc. had tags like "decoration", "junk", "metal salvage", etc., one could easily make an inventory tab to sort them.

Here's a mock-up. The tag list is off the top of my head I'm sure there could be 100 more. I didn't make the shown inventory correspond to the selected tags (because there's no easy way to do that now!) but you get the idea...

[​IMG]

Tabatha, Cordelayne, Kaffien and 2 others like this.
  8. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

9. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

I'm already terrified of coming face to face with Hubert Cumberdale, I dare not imagine the horrors within!

Jaesun likes this.
  10. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

Yeah, I think the solution isn't to remove the junk bu to create a better loot interface that allows us to block(auto-discard) loot we don't want to ever have in our bags.

11. Curt

Curt Avatar

So a way to mark a item you have in your inventory as 'do not loot this item again' a item ignore list

12. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

at least let us salvage the garage!

Barugon and Jaesun like this.
  13. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Avatar

It is just unfortunate that we cannot and will not have any "rare" or "unique" items. If you need further proof of what the cry babies can do when not everyone can have such items look at the time limited Lucky Nugget quest of R53. This quest for dance should have only been available for one week, and then trainable to others after that, but no!

Loot will continue to suck until they start phasing items out and getting more fresh stuff in, but there are many more things they want and need to work on before this happens.

Tabatha likes this.
  14. smack

smack Avatar

So some ideas if they're not going to change this and still give you junk rusty spoons:

- Field salvaging: Let's you salvage the items anywhere. They could decide if this is at a reduced rate, if it gains any XP, or if this is a new skill, etc.
    - Scrap for gold: Some magical method to simply convert the junk into gold anywhere, so no need to run to an NPC. They can decide if the gold conversion is at a reduced rate than selling to an NPC.
    - Portable Bank Access Device: Just like the Remote Bank Access Device, this one can be used anywhere, as it stays in your inventory and you just double click to use. They can decide if this is one-way (deposit only), or if two-way, or if it incurs fees, time delay, item count limit total, per hour, etc.
    - Reduced weight: Re-evaluate the weights for this rusty junk and highly reduce it or just make it 0 weight. Or do some magic math so it's 0 weight on loot, but when removed from inventory it restores real weight.
    - Summon magic merchant: Special whistle that can call some traveling merchant that you can sell to in any scene. They can decide how to obtain this whistle, how long it takes for the merchant, etc.
    - Traveling merchants within scenes: Add traveling merchants to adventure scenes that just wander around for adventurers to trade with. Would make the world feel more alive than simply brain dead, non-interactive MOBs to kill.
    - Raise their value: Increase the value of the rusty junk to offset the annoyance of these drops and carrying them around

Or you know, just don't drop the stuff but instead give us the equivalent additional gold.

Cordelayne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.