1. All post bodies concerning Shroud of the Avatar player to player transactions or services are limited to this section of the forums. Unwanted solicitation in other sections of the forums or via chat or private message is prohibited, and could result in account restriction or ban. Posting more than once per week within your own thread, "bumping" it to keep it on top, bumping within a week of the first post, and daily replacing a post with a new one is also considered spam and is therefore, prohibited. Bumping is allowed once per week, if the new post contains information that is meaningful to the original thread (i.e. price updates).

Activities that involve real money exchanges between players are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

Be sure to include the types of payment accepted in your post [In Game Gold, COTOs/Crowns, or in game item trade]

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. No in-game or chat based real money exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Catnip Games reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

CLOSED FOR NEW CLIENTS TEMPORAIRLY - Caveloot.com Consignment/Commission Selling Program

Discussion in 'Vendor Locations & Misc Services' started by Caveloot.com Owner, Mar 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stile

stile Avatar

Need help selling your goods?

Here is the Caveloot.com commission program that I am able to offer to the community. If you are interested or have questions please feel free to PM me or drop me a note at customerservice@thecaverns.net

We charge 20% Commission on all sales. This may seem like a lot but is an extremely low hourly work rate given the labor that goes into breaking apart, identifying, listing, and continual marketing of large inventories. We manage to make it something we can do at this percentage given the info structure we have in place.

Advantages

- We do not share information about who we sell for. You are able to remain anonymous.

- We are a legally operating business with a good reputation established in the community.

- We already have an established customer base.

- We have an established online store your items will go into.

- We do ALL the work, you just collect payments.

- We do this professionally so are up to date with ongoing market values.

- Go after longer-term top dollar prices rather than short-term sales at low dollar.

- We take the legal risks of doing this business.

Disadvantages

- You MAY make a bit less (you may not if we get higher prices than you would have).

- You do not have access to the things we are selling while we are selling them.

What we sell and What We Don’t

- We obey all Portalarium EULA/Terms of Service for selling. To meet those requirements anything we are selling for you has to be in our possession, legally yours, and resalable by the Portalarium definitions.

- We do not sell accounts/characters.

- We do sell gold.

- We do sell Player Owned Towns and require the ability to hold your account with our own account information and password, until the sale completes, and then we can transfer the account back to you.

- We will take your low valued items, but not JUST your low valued items. In order for us to be able to take the time to sell all the scraps you may have (low dollar items), we also need some meat on the bone to earn some solid income from (high dollar items).

- After we make an initial review of your inventory if we feel there is not enough “meat on the bone”, we will let you know and return the inventory.

CANCEL ANY TIME

- We keep all your inventory in one location in the game. What this means is that any time you would like to discontinue our services, just say so. We can return all of your unsold inventory.

- This business arrangement may be canceled by yourselves or by us, at any time by request.

- Reasonable time to return all remaining inventory must be allowed

- Any sales for items in progress will be finalized, we have a reputation and will not just pull orders that are open with customers.

- Once we sell an item, sales are final. As such only unsold inventory can be returned.

- You may request just certain items back at any time rather than everything, if you changed your mind about selling an item(s). Please understand though we have work involved in everything, and while we try to be understanding, continually inventory requests may result in us being unable to continue to work with you if we are losing too much labor or if we find out you are selling things you gave us on your own and then asking for them back for your own sales.

MINIMUM PRICING & DEEPER INVOLVEMENT

- Not a problem. We do all the work so you don’t have to be, but if you have certain areas you want to be involved in we can work with that.

- Anything you have a minimum price desired, we will not sell less for that price. We will record such minimums on the inventory spreadsheet we keep and that you have access to.

- If you do not give us a minimum price for item(s), then you agree to abide by whatever price we sell for. It is in our own best interest as well as yours, for us to get the highest price we feel we can.

COMMISSION PAYMENT

- Commission = (Sales Cost – Fees if any (such as PayPal)) *0.20

- In short, we get 20% after fees and you get 80% after fees

- We pay you either by PayPal Friends and Family or Business Check, your choice.

- We can only do business check for Domestic. International if you need a check we can evaluate options for that.

- Willing to consider any other payment options you would like, we are flexible.

- Typically, when paying by PayPal or Business check in the USA, we issue you a consignment payment every time your balance is a $100.00 or more. We do not want to send you multiple payments daily for low dollars. Neither do we want to keep large balances owed to you on our books. As such we will keep a running balance and whenever it hits a $100.00 we send a payment. If we know more payments are about to come in, we may delay a bit.

PROCESS:

- We get your inventory from you in game.

- Do an initial quick review to ensure there is enough overall value to proceed.

- We get your information, such as how we will be paying you.

- We put all your inventory into a room in one of our basements, where we sort it by category.

- We Inventory all of your items into a spreadsheet (we create a different sheet for each category on the document), which you are able to view any time via Dropbox link. Here is a template: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ydmiayaee4u7lwh/Inventory Template.xlsx?dl=0

- As each category is loaded onto the spreadsheet it will then be listed in our store, forums, and other sales places, as well as marketed.

- As sales are made the Inventory sheet is updated, and sales are logged on a commission spreadsheet. You will have a link to this also and are able to view it at any time. Here is a template example. https://www.dropbox.com/s/2291ryedp...andising and Commission Based Sales.xlsx?dl=0

- We send you money as things sell!

DUPLICATE PRODUCT MULTIPLE CUSTOMERS

- We work with many people and have our own inventory. Therefore…

- We sell consignment inventory before we sell our own inventory. If you give us a red dress to sell and we have a red dress for sale, and someone wants to buy a red dress, we sell them your red dress first.

- We sell in the order inventory is given to us. If Lord British gave us a Red Dress yesterday and Darkstarr gives us one today, then we sell Lord British’s Dress first!

- We process Inventory sheets, postings, and marketing in the order given to us. If we are currently processing a large inventory for a customer and so it may take us 3 days, or two weeks to begin on yours, we will let you know this ahead of time.

- We have the right to make exceptions to the order we do things in, in special circumstances or due to pre-agreed upon special arrangements that may have been made. In short the rare exceptions to the rules, we try to avoid ever happening.

MISC

- Please be familiar with the Caveloot.com Terms of Service for doing business with our customers, and understand before working with us that your inventory sales will be sold abiding by those services and as such you agree to them, found here: https://thecaverns.net/store/terms-of-service/

- We provide this service acting as an independent contractor, selling on commission. We are neither an employee nor are we an employer.

- Yes, we used to do this for 10%. We operated initially at a loss in order to establish a solid program with a good info structure. Now that those things are in place and TESTED, we feel comfortable asking for enough to actually pay for our time, even if the hourly rate is low.

Solazur and Gringo like this.
  2. stile

stile Avatar

Bump

3. stile

stile Avatar

Howdy!

Hope everyone is enjoying the game. I AM!!! Just horribly busy right now, hopefully by next week im more caught up!

Speaking of caught up though, I DO currently have all consignment orders listed, selling, in stores, and all that good stuff.

This means if you have goods you want to sell on consignment and my program looks fair to you, now is a good time to get in as I would begin getting you listed immediately!

4. stile

stile Avatar

I have never had a consignment partner that has been unhappy that i know. In fact, I have always heard the opposite!

5. stile

stile Avatar

A lot of new consignments lately, but I've been managing to stay caught up, so still have room for yours!

So drop me a note and lets put it all on the table!

[​IMG]

6. stile

stile Avatar

This program has, and continues to work better then I ever thought it would!

I have yet to work with someone that has been unhappy, I currently have commission payments I owe to Five people, but am let them grow a tad larger before sending.

I feel Ive surpassed my commission fee in time savings in the case of every customer. Also selling goods in many cases that can be hard to selll!!!

Want gold? Thats not a problem. I can customize each consignment inventory so that I am selling for Gold, R/L, or both! In fact I run a fleet of vendors in game and am continually growing that fleet, so when it comes to gold sales, no amount of inventory is to much!!!

Raw materials? Also not a problem as long as the stack sizes are large enough to be worth the time!

Im currently loading a new consignment now, but its a smaller one slightly under 200 items. So shouldn't take more then a few days at most... So be the next one to contact me and if we can work together, be the next inventory im loading into my sales kingdom!!!

7. stile

stile Avatar

Still accepting new clients. Loading the last inventory for two existing now, and will be looking for more soon!

Can sell your items for just gold, just cash, or both (whichever happens first).

Lets start a CO-OP! Cave style!
    Also looking to start partnering with folks to sell commodities for as well! Do you have a commodity or multiple commodities you harvest, farm, mine, skin, tan, etc, that you would like someone else to handle all the hassle; communication, teleporting around, marketing, etc to deliver commodity orders for money?

I even have a drop box set up near the docks of New Brittany Market, so you can drop your goods off at your leisure, and ill pick them up and begin right away!

Willing to sell any type of commodity so long as stack size is worth $5.00 or more per stack.

If I can get several folks working with me on this, It'd be like a Farmer's market or co-op. Think of me as the building where your all coming under to sell your goods! Only, I do it all for you :) for a standard commission of 20%.

Allowing Buyers to have a place they can go for large, bulk orders, of multiple types of commodities! It's a win for everyone!

Be one of the first to get in on the ground floor of my willing to expand into this new product category and drop me a message!

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  8. stile

stile Avatar

Still selling for many happy people!

Still looking to sell for more :)

9. stile

stile Avatar

This program has been of particular benefit to those wanting to leave the game, but not wanting to spend the next year in forums selling and breaking apart their accounts.

With over a half dozen customers I am selling for, why don't you become part of the co-op?

We do the work for you, you collect the payments.

10. stile

stile Avatar

Still selling SotA goods to players for players!

11. stile

stile Avatar

Yep, were still here :)

have an entire account, you need stripped, pieced off, with each item being sold for the most it can earning more than selling that account as a lot?

thats my specialty!

12. stile

stile Avatar

We do the work, you just collect payments!

13. stile

stile Avatar

Yes, we still do this! Just havent advertised it a lot as its something I only work on a little bit each day right now, mean i do it, but its a slow process.

Really looking to sell commodities for folks, so if your interested in that let me know!

Also willing to sell COTO's and Gold on consignment for you.

14. stile

stile Avatar

Still in operation :)

15. stile

stile Avatar

Have many happy clients, drop me a note if your ever interested in being one of them.

16. stile

stile Avatar

Both through the lean times and the times of abundance, I will be here serving the needs of many!

17. stile

stile Avatar

Still operating happily!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.