Player Recruiting - Referral Program

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Sid, Nov 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sid

Sid Avatar

Hello,

I'm gonna go straight to the point. We need more players and getting players to come into the game should have incentives to us players that stuck with it the most. I'm thinking of having the possibility to have some rewards for recruiting players into the game.
    I have my old Ultima Online crew that I have gotten into the game but hey, there are more than only my clique of players out there but it's extra work advertising the game and such, and it would be nice to have some sort of incentive for players recruited by a special link.

I understand the game is F2P and that's great - not for such a referral program as it could be used maliciously to have soooo many rewards but i would say to be eligible for a reward, the said new player would have to make purchases on the store for like $10 at least to have a first reward. it could go by tiers too you know such as:

THIS IS ONLY AN EXAMPLE!

Tier 1: Recruiter's Cloak - wear a cloak distinguishing you for have recruited new Avatars
    Recruited player(s) that have spent $10 on the SotA store

Tier 2: 10 COTOs
    Recruited player(s) that have spent $50 on the SotA store

Tier 3: 20 COTOs
    Recruited player(s) that have spent $100 on the SotA store

Tier etc...

Etc...

What do you think? That would actually give me the incentive to dig in for more players more than simply shouting a quick message to let everyone know about this game.

2. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Refer a friend wouldn't do any harm and may help a bit.

I would suggest keeping it simple by linking the reward to new players taking out a subscription account.

If it needs to be taken further as a bigger incentive and to prevent exploits, given we have time-based rewards on our own subscription accounts (in terms of titles), we could maybe have titles and/or rewards (discount vouchers to spend on the store etc) that we earn for the number of friends who join and how long they stick around.

This could all be managed by the new player setting up their subscription and inserting the name of the player who recruited them. This is much like most of these refer a friend deals are managed.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.