Another patch - far more things broken than introduced.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BoldEagle, Nov 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoldEagle

BoldEagle Avatar

On Client 64.871

So many things are now broken that used to work seamlessly:
    - City sieged and selecting 'Bypass', put's me in the siege,
    - Party with 1 other for UT, cannot see other player though we are both in 'Party Mode' via options, under compass mine has me in Private. It took multiple log out's and or client restarts before we could both be in same instance,
    - Strength of Earth (SOE), works (I am unencumbered) then try to use Recall, I am encumbered and cannot, run out of UT because I cannot use Recall scroll and suddenly unencumbered again (without any rebuff of SOE) and can recall to home,
    - 95% of tamed, summoned pet HP disappears with absolutely ZERO reason (Obsidian Bear), nothing in combat log,
    - frequent Crash to Desktop (CTD) happened at least 3 times in <5hours,
    - horrendous lag,

What other issues have others noted?

Was the server even reset after the patch?!?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    Arcanoxer, K1000 and smack like this.
  2. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Combat yesterday for me was sadly unplayable. I was totally out of synch with the mobs, who were either dead with health or just went passive and were undamageable. In one case two sword wielding skeletons went passive but I was still taking sword damage 30 metres away from them, so the server still had them alive and fighting, but not where they were stood frozen visually.

I gave up and went crafting, masterworking and enchanting with gold and silver I'd been stocking up for a few weeks to find that now my best efforts at masterwork and enchanting swords is to about level 8 leaving about 80 dura. Several months ago I was routinely getting above level 10, as big as 15, with well over 100 dura, so I quit that as well.

I spoke to fellow crafters about this and they said they had given up crafting armor and weapons as it now wasn't worth it as even with their high skills levelled over many months, the quality produced was now so poor that just about anyone even with low skills could achieve similar results, or at least not significantly worse to warrant them buying. They are now making foods and potions as the remaining source of income.

Its noticeable that my weps and armor made months ago to higher levels sold quite quickly recently as it is significantly better than what I can make now. The new stuff just sits in my vendor. It's like the older stuff, now almost gone, was a legacy from the good old days of crafting where my skills related to my output.

In the end I went to the fishing competition as it works.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  3. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

We are continuing to investigate. The 871 patch was a 1 line change to increase a buffer size. It did not cause the above issues.

The crash rate is unchanged server wide. If you continue to crash, I would suggest a (I'm Sorry) clean install. :(

The desync issue is our main focus. We are likely going to have to roll back to the previous version of Unity as this appears to be something outside our control. More info as I get it but we're on it.

4. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

This is my fourth Unity crash in 2 days.

[​IMG]

Reinstalling.

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Before doing that, if you're on Steam right click on the game -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Files.

This has fixed many peoples crash issues.

I hope w don't have to roll back....

6. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

FWIW - I am crashing a lot less this release than last release.. last release was the most I ever crashed.

StarLord likes this.
  7. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

FWIW - zero crashes / no desync issues / gorgeous graphics and great gameplay on my linux client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

margaritte, Jaesun and AvatarGG like this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Same here. But I can completely understand people playing in groups and this being a problem. And it definitely seems like it is. A huge problem....

Hoping they might be able to figure this out. *crosses fingers *

Chatele, Black Tortoise and Echondas like this.
  9. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

I've seen that error twice since R60, each time when first logging in to my home and part way through the scene loading screen - for me each time, restarting the client let me log in fine, but I am literally just logging in, sorting out a couple of things in my homes, then logging out again, I'd guess you are seeing it more simply because you are just playing and doing more :(

StarLord likes this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I would rather roll back than have the current desync issues.

Vesper likes this.
  11. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

[​IMG]

Timmy Vortex likes this.
  12. Boradic Boneslasher

Boradic Boneslasher Avatar

Yall need to know this Unity update they have tested an it gave problems before soo just give them time to fix things...… Its all Unity problems

13. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

It's more like a QA problem.
    Don't they test the updates anymore!?

Boo Ladedada likes this.
  14. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

Users were the primary testers back when there were more than 30 devs including those specifically employed as QA. I'm not sure why they wouldn't be relying on us to test when they're down to 12 or 13 devs.

Simon LeBon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.