Now Announcing the New Britannian Market!

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Lord Andernut, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Hmm, administrative role, like the idea but it would be better if someone who didn't have a vendor apply for this :)

Would be a way for me to get rid of the competition, ' What? no update on your vendor in the last 2 hours? Guards, grab this vendor and remove from the island! Boat? nope, lets see if this vendor can swim but remove all possessions first, I'll sell them to make good on my time spent on this vermin.'

Numa, Bow Vale and Lord Andernut like this.
  2. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

How about a prison right up front with some servants inside, then change the servant names to who ever has done something despicable in our town, like not restock a vendor or not show up in the town for awhile... add a bulletin board and post all the juicy details date, infraction, charges, hearing date, and if necessary sentence, fine, (penalty),
    ...then give citizens and/or the violator a chance to do some community service to get the perp out of hot water, something like stand on the world map with a sign saying come buy good stuff in here, give away some stuff to all that will come into our town and spend at least 15mins shopping, or pay a fine with the funds going towards community development..., or announce an upcoming event. Catherine Rose is awesome at coming up with good ideas. Something along those lines. For some shame and fear of shame is a big motivator.

for some of us , we see 3 squares, cot, ...plus free housing......well lets just say with that type of situation one can easily become the town drunk!...now that's an idea, we could use a town drunk to spice things up, someone good with making people laugh, tell lots of jokes, do silly things, just give the place an active feel, like something is always going on in that town, think I will stop in and see what's going on in NBM. we need a DJ or some sort of Twitch broadcast.

My xp with building the Mori Nation and Beran League, was it is all about having active players, not just stocking vendors, but activities put on by the citizen's of the town... yes Ian you do have a huge task running a town and doing it well. You need some sort of government/committee, organization or group of active players within to help bring it alive a bit more, doing things in the town like holding a gust ball tournament, PVP night, maybe some musicians or poets to do something once a month. These type activities are time consuming, but worth it and will keep players interested in living there vs just selling stuff. Sorry to ramble on so much, I guess this thread got me started... "jumps down off the soapbox and stumbles a bit"

peaCe

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    Fiero Steele and Lord Andernut like this.
  3. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

Out of curiosity or just plain laziness to go and check, what other towns are part of NBM again, I went into one last week that was under siege and tried to wipe them cabalist off the map by myself, but was not successful...?

What you need is an undergrounds entertainment district, and each weekend we hold various activities to bring players in. I might have someone interested in setting up a town like that underneath NMB and we can just call it the district or something that points towards fun and lots of players doing things together.

Lord Andernut likes this.
  4. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

Here is an idea LA,

How about removing the pirate ship and let me put down my Keep lot for the month and invite citizens of NBM to join together and grow the best giant garden in the game to host the Lord British Birthday Party and possibly win the Royal Gardner contest?

5. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I think it might need to be a little more planned out than people growing whatever they want there :p

I had hoped to be able to lay down a Keep or Castle for it from upgrading NBM to Municipality, but it appears that upgrade won't go to live until end of Month :(

6. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

Have the same problem Chief, I bought a small pot last month, but forgot to lock the form again due to my being preoccupied with having my knee replaced 2 weeks ago and all the therapy and pain etc. friggin hurts man! each day is better, can at least start playing again now that I can sit.

A way around might be to build it in that town that is nested within yours. Would be good for keeping spies away from our effort? yes I understand it should not be just a vegetable patch silly. between the 2 of us we should have just about anything we might need or want deco wise, then grow our plants and put then in as needed. Maybe recruit some talent, I can get a couple players to help that are good at that kind of thing probably

7. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Just a poke here since most of my communications often happen by PM, New Britannian Market was upgraded to Municipality, we were at 100% occupancy, I had many "open" lots that could not be claimed as we were at our settlement limit.

With the new upgrade we now have another 10? row lots, 3 town lots and 6-7 village lots, including some water village and town locations (no vendor required on water homes!) open in the New Britannian Market.

OH, BY THE WAY:
    The New Britannian Market has a number of initiatives for players who want to live and craft in the New Britannian Market who have no deed - and even free vendor locations!

Enjoy your visit!

[​IMG]

Sonja, Vaiden Luro, Rhiannon and 2 others like this.
  8. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Several Prime Row Lots availible in the northern part of NBM! Ring with a banker, crafting vendor and all expert stations at your doorstep!

Come join this fantastic Town today! you will not look back

9. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Huh? did Cristiano Kimberlin move? some other town?

10. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

He downsized ( i bought city deed of him )

11. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Huge redesign of front and that area, if you want a peek (and to offer me feedback) take a look at QA :)

It will mean a bit of a ripple effect across to other parts of town though to accomodate it.

12. Old Man2

Old Man2 Avatar

I am now in Alleys. I have always liked the dock side section of Alleys. Recently had the opportunity to acquire the two Village lots by the dock. I think NBM is great! Very thankful to Andernut for his generosity and hospitality.

13. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

NBM went through a pretty massive redesign, thanks to all who moved their lots - more excitement to come - and the juggling allows for a lot more "central" spots, and easier to navigate...

...Have you been to the New Market? (Spots available!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sonja, Kara Brae, Rhiannon and 3 others like this.
  14. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

15. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Thanks, had the fish that I caught and thought what about a floating fish market :)

Still working on it, lighting is a big problem. You cant place streetlights on the water platforms.
    Till now the best lighting I can think of is the frosted lamps, one of the few that could be placed on water platforms :(

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Sonja, Vaiden Luro, Jaesun and 4 others like this.
  16. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

some small changes :)

[​IMG]

17. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Way cool Fiero.

18. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

19. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

More Big Fish, and a tiger shark on ice :)

[​IMG]

Sonja, Jaesun, Steevodeevo and 3 others like this.
  20. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Bigger and better, thanks to Lord Andernut's magical water platform placing skills!

[​IMG]

Sonja, Sole, Hazard and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.