S Mart Factorium considers an Inn. Looking for the Ultimate Innkeeper.

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Vladamir Begemot, Mar 20, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Greetings friends!

It has come to my attention that the housing at Inns is filling up quickly at nearby towns, and thus we may need some more rooms for new Avatars at launch.

Though it had only been a passing thought before, this new information has me considering putting in an Inn at the Factorium.

So, to see if this is going to happen, I'm looking for Avatars who have always dreamed of being an Innkeeper. Just as I had always wanted to be a merchant in a game, and Shroud gave me the opportunity, I'm looking for people who have always wanted to be an Innkeeper.

If you have imagined it, you have probably already thought up even more things to do than this, but here is what I've thought of:

• Want to be at the Inn, really like the idea of "Being" an Innkeeper
    • Keep "Nearby Players" open and if you see them arrive, get into an appropriate Innkeeper activity
      • ie. if you were crafting at the Factory and see someone arrive, run to the Inn to be ready
    • Have an Innkeeper outfit when in town.
    • Check in and out Avatars, give them the tour of the Inn and description of the Factorium
    • Be experienced enough to help new Avatars with tips, answer questions, and give them destinations
    • Organize events, even informal ones like a quick tea party/beer party in the lobby
    • Enjoy instruments and playing, we'll put in a piano
    • Bring ideas to the Inn, think of new ways to make it a more immersive experience for us all
    • Send Avatars on quests you have thought up?
    • Keep a food vendor stocked if you are a cook.
      • We have a farmer/cook who keeps us supplied, he will also be stocking food.
      • Farming space can be available if you like to do that as well.
    • Be nice and personable. No crabby Innkeeper types at the Factorium, sorry.
    If this sounds like you, please post or message me with your hopes and dreams of Innkeeperness.

I've tried and I think succeeded in making the Factory profitable for low level crafters, and I want to make the Innkeeper position a paid one as well. I am considering different ideas, but at a minimum there will be housing, access to sell on a food vendor when commission change happens in Q2, and some form of gold payment for your effort. If you like to cook, farm, or craft, then we're a good location for you as well.

So if, and only if, you're an Innkeeper in your heart and have always wanted the chance to do it in a game, please reply or PM me so I can get an idea of if this is worthwhile.

Thanks,

Vladamir Begemot

Sonja, Cordelayne and Kain Darkmoor like this.
  2. Harald Blackfist

Harald Blackfist Avatar

I see this is from March. Did this ever come to be? I would love to be an Innkeeper!

Back in the good old days, I was a bartender at The Gathered Spirits tavern, just SW of Yew, on Pacific.

I ticked off YES! on all your bullet points above.

So... still need an Innkeeper?

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I do, lets get together via in game (preferable) or here and talk about it!

Sonja and Cordelayne like this.
  4. Harald Blackfist

Harald Blackfist Avatar

Excellent! I'll be on this evening. IGN is Harald Blackfist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.